The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Got A Wii U, Heres Why

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Got A Wii U, Heres Why

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

So, after much thought on what console to get, I finally settled on a Wii U. My first justification being that my Laptop has equivalent hardware to the PS4 and Xbox One, meaning I can already play next gen titles.
My second justification being that neither console has many titles yet. Third being that I could care less about their exclusives. I got a Wii U because it had exclusives in which I have high interest in, and I doubt there will be a way to play them on my Laptop anytime soon. For my first two games, I got Hyrule Warriors and Super Smash Bros Wii U.

I'm so far really impressed with the Wii U gamepad as well. Its rather fun playing Hyrule Warriors with my sisters, each with our own physical screen and sounds. The gamepad even has a built in sensor bar for when you want to play legacy wii games. I look forward to softmodding legacy mode, as its just a Wii Emulator.

A year ago, I was all hyped about wanting an Xbox One, but really, I'm dissapointed with this next gen. Theres hardly any distinguishable games, and any that are can be played on my laptop. The Wii U was a sell for me, because I saw Hyrule Warriors was out on a shelf, and knew no other console had it. The actual experience of using the console made this purchase even better on top of that. I like how you can easily access the web browser from any app you're running. Was annoying having to have my phone nearby just in case a game had a part where I really needed a walkthrough.

My game library consists of Hyrule Warriors, New Super Mario Bros U, and Super Smash Bros U
I might be a new Wii U fanboy now. Not often I'm swayed sides. I used to be very Microsoft driven.

Written Via The Wii U Gamepad.
Rabbidfan236
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

I wish I had a Wii U.

mk8 m8
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

In all honesty, I have to agree with your disappointment regarding this new gen. I was planning to get a PS4 sometime this winter, but honestly, I think the Wii U is the only 8th gen console that's even worth considering right now. It's had more worthwhile releases in the past few months than the Xbox One and PS4 have had since their release over a year ago, which is more than a little disappointing considering how few and far between Wii U games were before Mario Kart 8 came out (Like seriously, I beat New Super Mario Bros. U in January of 2013, and I didn't even touch my Wii U again until Pikmin 3 came out 7 months later). And honestly, disappointment in the other consoles seems to be the consensus this gen. I know a lot of people who have the Wii U now, and many of these people wouldn't have even looked in it's direction this time last year when the XBO and PS4 were hot off the press. Now these same people won't even look Sony and Microsoft in the eyes.

Speaking more positively, I am still very pleased with my Wii U. Nintendo's done a lot better about using the GamePad effectively in recent titles, and I think that's done a lot to unlock the console's full potential. But even barring that, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, and Pikmin 3 are still fantastic games in their own right.

On that note, Seb, I highly suggest you check out the aforementioned games if you haven't yet.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
papaya

Post by papaya »

ElectroYoshi wrote:In all honesty, I have to agree with your disappointment regarding this new gen. I was planning to get a PS4 sometime this winter, but honestly, I think the Wii U is the only 8th gen console that's even worth considering right now. It's had more worthwhile releases in the past few months than the Xbox One and PS4 have had since their release over a year ago,
now i'm a nintendo-loving, modern-gaming-hating fuck as much as the next guy, but I don't think the xbox and ps4 have had like 1 good games since their release (seeing as how the only worthwhile game in the past few months for the wii-u has been SSB4). I mean, xbox has had gtaV, titanfall, destiny, CoD: AW, hell minecraft has been particularly popular on it.

also
Sebastian Lawe wrote:Written Via The Wii U Gamepad.
do you enjoy pain
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

papaya wrote:now i'm a nintendo-loving, modern-gaming-hating fuck as much as the next guy, but I don't think the xbox and ps4 have had like 1 good games since their release (seeing as how the only worthwhile game in the past few months for the wii-u has been SSB4). I mean, xbox has had gtaV, titanfall, destiny, CoD: AW, hell minecraft has been particularly popular on it.
Soooo your personal disinterest in the Wii U automatically means that it has not been getting as many games people actually care about as xbox? Oooookay then.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

For me, I have strong disinterest in games like GTA, or anything remotely considered an FPS (most of tthe FPS games are also on PC anyway). I'm not even excited for Halo 5 or the halo collection, which surprises me (I used to be a huge fan). Minecraft is also rather boring for me. Though, I suppose whatever games are on Xbox One and PS4 have their audiences. My opinion cant really change that.

Maybe when Final Fantasy XV comes out, I might consider getting one of those higher powered consoles. But, with Square Enix re-releasing the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy on PC, I'm praying they do the same for XV. My Laptop has equal if not higher power to the next gen consoles. Best part, I can use my perfect Xbox 360 controller. Microsoft fixed something that wasn't broken when it comes the Xbox One controller, and I'm not about to try learning the PS4 button mappings. I'm an utter failure at interactive cutscenes on any playstation console.

In regards to the Wii U, I beat the story mode of Hyrule Warriors and am slightly depressed. I normally don't kill a games story in three days or less. While, there is still much left for re-playability, I really thrive on a games story. Once I beat that, the game is done. I suppose that really kills multiplayer based games as an entirety for me. Minus Super Smash Bros though, that game is fun to play with my sisters.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

AYYY ADD ME BRUH

I agree with your thoughts on PS4 and XB1. I don't care how high powered the graphics are (although the Wii U's graphics are pretty darn hot), I just want a console with great games and the Wii U is just that.

I bought it for myself for Christmas (having a job is awesome), and definitely not regretting it. It came with MK8, and I bought SSB4. There's plenty of Wii U games I'm looking forward to (even already released games), and ESPECIALLY Zelda 2015. Ugh. Also Splatoons (exclusive Wii U FPS) looks really cool as well.

I'm a little disappointed that some titles like Mirror's Edge 2 won't be released on Wii U, but that's not really a surprise.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Seb, Entity, add me, willya? I need some butts to kick at SSB4 and MK8. :P

And yes, 2015 is looking to be a good year for the Wii U, Splatoon and Zelda (HOLY CRAP ZELDA) in particular. Yoshi's Woolly World and Xenoblade Chronicles X (Should probably play the original first though) I'm also looking forward to, albeit to a lesser degree.

More multiplatform games would be nice too, but if Nintendo keeps up their track record of developing terrific games for this thing, I'll survive without that.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

I'll PM ya my friend code :)
ElectroYoshi wrote:(Should probably play the original first though)
Sorry, the original what?
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Entity wrote:I'll PM ya my friend code :)

Sorry, the original what?
Original Xenoblade Chronicles. I moved the title of XCX, but didn't move that for some reason...