It wont be used for anything other than playing games. I only plan on installing steam, and razor cortex (shuts down unnessecary processes when running games).
Heres the specs I came up with based on trying to get the lowest price point possible.
- MSI H81M-P33 LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard ($59.99)
- Intel Pentium G3258 Haswell Dual-Core 3.2GHz LGA 1150 53W BX80646G3258 Desktop Processor ($73.99)
- Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive ($54.99)
- XION Gaming Series XON-310_BK Black with Blue LED Light Steel / Plastic MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case ($24.99)
- Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model TPD38G1600C11DC01 ($49.99)
- Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card ($249.99)
- Operating System - Windows 7 until Windows 10 comes out.
Will be $594.97 including shipping for the parts (minus the $66 dollar rebate).
Havent ordered anything yet. I'll let you PC building masters tell me if something is incompatible/should be changed.