The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Youtube... Stahpit!!!

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Lemon wrote:Unhappy Lionboy = Happy Youtube.
How...poetic?
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

What do you guys think about the new "One Channel" channel pages? IMO, they SUCK. But the thing that I really, really, really don't like is that they are turning everything WHITE. They are extracting every single color they can from it :/ I liked it much better when at least it had some black and gray on there.
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

bionicnacho wrote:What do you guys think about the new "One Channel" channel pages? IMO, they SUCK. But the thing that I really, really, really don't like is that they are turning everything WHITE. They are extracting every single color they can from it :/ I liked it much better when at least it had some black and gray on there.
They are just missing to put the you tube logo white instead of red.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I hate to say it, but I actually like the trend of getting people to use real names. It makes people act less like idiots. Which, as anyone who's read Youtube comments will know, is something that community could use.

I would never ask people to use real names here, as that isn't the culture we've established and it would be strange to change it now. That's the issue with Youtube as well, but... I mean, really, Youtube commentors are so STUPID... I feel like anything they can do to improve that is probably a good idea.

They aren't FORCING you to use your real name on Youtube. I'm still Wowfunhappy. They just WANT you to, and with fairly good reason.
terranax

Post by terranax »

'Course it could always put someone at a higher risk of someone stalking them.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Eh. Fact of the matter is, if you're super active on the internet, and someone really wanted to track you down, chances are they could.

And unless you have a super uncommon last name, it's not all that easy to find you by your name either.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

bionicnacho wrote:What do you guys think about the new "One Channel" channel pages? IMO, they SUCK. But the thing that I really, really, really don't like is that they are turning everything WHITE. They are extracting every single color they can from it :/ I liked it much better when at least it had some black and gray on there.
Agreed. I can't imagine losing the Yogscast background, or PeanutButterGamer's.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

Google is racist, they use white for everything.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

OK, if no one else is gonna say it, I will.

There is no debating the fact that YouTube has completely and thoroughly slaughtered the great website it used to be. It used to be so user-friendly, so efficient. The moderation downright sucked and still does now, there's no circumnavigating that, but it was a great place where you could watch videos and share your own with the whole world. It's none of that anymore. It's completely inefficient, slaughtered every last bit of user-friendliness there was to be seen in it, and to top it off, has basically been hijacked by Google. Don't even get me STARTED on the godawful new color schemes and layouts...

Anyway, I honestly think YouTube needs to improve or die. The downfall of YouTube is a far cry from a minority opinion, and I see no reason for it to continue to exist if it's just going to get worse and worse by the day.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

ElectroYoshi wrote:OK, if no one else is gonna say it, I will.

There is no debating the fact that YouTube has completely and thoroughly slaughtered the great website it used to be. It used to be so user-friendly, so efficient. The moderation downright sucked and still does now, there's no circumnavigating that, but it was a great place where you could watch videos and share your own with the whole world. It's none of that anymore. It's completely inefficient, slaughtered every last bit of user-friendliness there was to be seen in it, and to top it off, has basically been hijacked by Google. Don't even get me STARTED on the godawful new color schemes and layouts...

Anyway, I honestly think YouTube needs to improve or die. The downfall of YouTube is a far cry from a minority opinion, and I see no reason for it to continue to exist if it's just going to get worse and worse by the day.
Unfortunately, people are to stupid or ignorant to care, therefore youtube will still be the same for many years to come.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

DvChayz wrote:Unfortunately, people are to stupid or ignorant to care, therefore youtube will still be the same for many years to come.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

...Riendship. :D
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Yeah, I honestly can't help but notice the inefficient layout of the main page, which is why a large majority simply bookmarked their "Subscription Tab" instead to save out one step in looking for new content. I do actually like the new channel page over the original - for the simple reason that I honestly don't mind if peoples channels look the same, as I mainly focus on their content. When it came down to it - most people used the background to beg for subscribers with "New content!" "Subscribe! Get a cookie" now of course they still sort of do that. It actually might be beneficial to hide the number of subscribers from both the creator and viewers as it is often more about the number active viewers than it is the number of passive subscribers - it would also heavily knock-down the bragging rights, which is always a good thing.

I can understand the wish to customize a channel from a content creator, but 9 times out of 10 it seems to distract the viewer more than encourage them to watch more content.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I reiterate: YouTube sucks. 'nuff said.
TeeheeLP

Post by TeeheeLP »

I wouldn't say YouTube sucks, it's still a platform for people to upload and view videos from all over the world. What bothers me is that I couldn't visit my channel or use any of my playlists until I made a Google+ account. Also I don't think that Google+ will reduce the amount of idiots or trolls as you're not forced to use your real name. I don't get why using his real name would make an idiot less stupid anyways, after all they think they're right. Another thing that really bothered me is that the website isn't aligned to the center of the screen anymore. (I already downloaded a script for that, but it's still bad design)
notblackjack

Post by notblackjack »

Time for a new f****** video website.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

notblackjack wrote:Time for a new f****** video website.

Words of wisdom.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

notblackjack wrote:Time for a new f****** video website.
the layout just changed
just
the layout
why would you want a different video website because
of the layout
sense = 0%
notblackjack

Post by notblackjack »

DvChayz wrote:the layout just changed
just
the layout
why would you want a different video website because
of the layout
sense = 0%
Why?
Layout.
Is.
Everything.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

notblackjack wrote:Why?
Layout.
Is.
Everything.
not really, quality is everything.
Anuke

Post by Anuke »

It's wierd, banan means banana in russian too. ._.