The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Youtube... Stahpit!!!

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
Lionboy

Youtube... Stahpit!!!

Post by Lionboy »

Seriously. Why did youtube all of a sudden change my youtube name (Lionboy1010) to Michael Banan?! (Which is not my real name btw, banan means banana in Norwegian)

I tried changing my name, bu I had to do it on Google+, but guess what? I CAN'T. because Lionboy is not a real name!
Now, google+ ruined my youtube account. It's seriously pissing me off. WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS

EDIT:
YouTube just updated again, now it looks HORRIBLE. I miss the old one.

Thanks for reading, Lion
Newah

Post by Newah »

I don't see your name anywhere. Looks like it solved itself, or you did something.
terranax

Post by terranax »

yeah. they asked me if I wanted to change my username to my real name on YouTube.

IMO YouTube is getting worse.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

I can't change my Google name ether it's such a pain I want to change it to my name.
Lionboy

Post by Lionboy »

wow, I fixed it!
I went to google and clicked "settings" on my google account, then deleted all of the google+ data and info. My old youtube account was back, and my videos was still there.
Still, I HATE the fact that Google+ has to completely change your youtube account and don't allow you to use it.
Why are they doing this?

Also terry, they didn't even asked me. they just completely changed my youtube account and info without making me confirm it.
Skyshark

Post by Skyshark »

Yeah, I wanted to make a channel that didn't have my real name and had to go through a bunch of BS to do so. The whole Google+ addition is incredibly useless. Who even uses Google+?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Moved to technology talk.
Lionboy

Post by Lionboy »

Okay, YouTube just "updated". It doesn't show your subscriptions as standard, it shows what's recommended for me. I don't want that. I want to watch what I am SUBSCRIBING TO. That's why I'm SUBSCRIBING to someone, because that the videos I WANT TO WATCH. Not other random stupid stuff.
terranax wrote: IMO YouTube is getting worse.
True, terranax.
YouTube doesn't just work bad, it LOOKS terrible! I wonder who the heck came up with this silly idea of "updating" YouTube making it totally silly!
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

Lionboy wrote:Okay, YouTube just "updated". It doesn't show your subscriptions as standard, it shows what's recommended for me. I don't want that. I want to watch what I am SUBSCRIBING TO. That's why I'm SUBSCRIBING to someone, because that the videos I WANT TO WATCH. Not other random stupid stuff.
YouTube doesn't just work bad, it LOOKS terrible! I wonder who the heck came up with this silly idea of "updating" YouTube making it totally silly!
YouTube has been getting much much worse and that's NOT opinion. They're taking away the "user friendly" layout and slapping us in the face saying "We're Google we can do whatever we want, no questions asked". YouTube was much better before Google bought them out. It was still good after Google bought it too. Where they messed up though was when they merged ALL of the Google products into one into this terrible "Google Account" thing. This abomination is what forced me to change my 3-4 year old name. My public YouTube account was permanently merged to my private Gmail which if someone really wanted to, they could find out a lot of my personal information like my name for example.

It's all just one big joke that we kind of have to get used to. Oh well.
brendiculous

Post by brendiculous »

Actually, yes, it *is* an opinion.

I don't really like it very much, but it could just be because I don't really like change and I had just started liking the old layout. Who knows, maybe I'll start to really like this layout more. I definitely like the youtube player itself more than the old one.

I feel like if I knew people who regularly checked g+, the integration would be awesome. Still, I don't like that google feels the need to integrate it across all of their services. They'll probably catch on at some point. I suggest complaining in the 'send feedback' box at the bottom if you don't like it. Prepare a sound argument with lots of points that don't sound like whining, they *expect* people to be against their new layouts, because everybody always is.

Also, I don't quite see how the merging of your email and youtube accounts jeopardizes your privacy. To be completely frank, your name isn't exactly private information, especially when it's something you're meant to be providing google with when you sign up. It kind of becomes public information on google's services.
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

brendiculous wrote: Also, I don't quite see how the merging of your email and youtube accounts jeopardizes your privacy. To be completely frank, your name isn't exactly private information, especially when it's something you're meant to be providing google with when you sign up. It kind of becomes public information on google's services.
My Gmail account shows my IRL name which I DO NOT want to get out. Only 2 people know my name and I never wanted even one. So I disabled my old accounts and made this new one. The "name" is set to "Eyce Kubes" and not "John Smith" for example. EyceKubes is also my username so yeah. Eventually I plan on making videos on youtube and the fact that ANYBODY (smart enough to do so) could look up my name IRL and track me down is something I don't want possible. Personally, it's a security thing (which is another reason why I deleted my Facebook too lol) and just something I dont like sharing... because who knows... someone might just want me dead.
bboy99

Post by bboy99 »

I agree with the new look being horrible, half my screen is empty, the rest is a cluttered mess
Newah

Post by Newah »

Actually, the interface itself is pretty good. It's the fact that it's blindingly white that I have a problem with.
Skyshark

Post by Skyshark »

The new video feed throws me off, because I'm constantly bombarded by "suggestions" or videos that were uploaded a week ago and that I had already watched.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

@Eyce I agee
Skyshark wrote:The new video feed throws me off, because I'm constantly bombarded by "suggestions" or videos that were uploaded a week ago and that I had already watched.
Same. :/
Lionboy

Post by Lionboy »

And the feedback thing isn't even about YouTube.. it's "Google Feedback"
Lemon
Editorial Staff

Post by Lemon »

Unhappy Lionboy = Happy Youtube.
Magmar

Post by Magmar »

EyceKubes wrote:My Gmail account shows my IRL name which I DO NOT want to get out. Only 2 people know my name and I never wanted even one. So I disabled my old accounts and made this new one. The "name" is set to "Eyce Kubes" and not "John Smith" for example. EyceKubes is also my username so yeah. Eventually I plan on making videos on youtube and the fact that ANYBODY (smart enough to do so) could look up my name IRL and track me down is something I don't want possible. Personally, it's a security thing (which is another reason why I deleted my Facebook too lol) and just something I dont like sharing... because who knows... someone might just want me dead.
Same here. I'd love to make a new account that is simply changed to "GalacticMagmar" instead of "GalacticMagmar11," but then I'd have to make a whole new gmail address or whatever, deal with all the G+ crap.. it's so annoying. I just want a clean Youtube channel for if I ever make videos.. my current one is a mess.
boberto

Post by boberto »

The new YouTube layout does indeed suck, at least in almost everyone's opinion. However, I am prompted before anything about my YouTube account is changed. YouTube asked me before it changed my account name to my G+ name, which I of course denied because the two are separate for a reason.

I like Google+ quite a lot, it's layout is far superior to that of Facebook, but no one seems to use it very much and that's a shame. Facebook is one of the most counter-intuitive websites I have ever encountered. But that's beside the point.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

It's been years since I completely phased my YouTube account out of my life, so much so that I don't even remember what my username was anymore, primarily because of the awful new layouts they get every time you turn around, and the constant buffering in the middle of a video and all those god-forsaken ads at the start of EVERY FRIGGIN' VIDEO.

And this Google+ BS isn't helping matters. I mean, people give themselves cool usernames on the internet for a reason, and that's because they...well...sound cool. And of course Google+ doesn't even bother to ask your permission before changing your name to your real name. And that's a perfect example of how annoyingly impulsive and intrusive the internet's become.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.