The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[project] One More Block Sings

Share your creative endeavors
Phantomboy

[project] One More Block Sings

Post by Phantomboy »

One More Block Forum Sings
Hello all, this is a little project I decided to start up as it was quite a lot of fun on another forum that has recently discontinued the project. Basically the way this works is a song is chosen, anyone who wishes records them self singing and submits it to me, after a set amount of time I take all of the submissions arrange them in to some sort of ordered duet between the members and we all give ourselves a pat on the back for a job well done.

If you are interested please read the guidelines and have at it!

[OMBS: 1 - Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble]

[Upon Request Edition]
Name: Bohemian Rhapsody
Artist: Queen
Singing Reference
Recording Reference
Footnote: Because the song is crazily long, like, I do not see us doing the entire thing. Let's do this as essentially "As far as you are willing to go" so, you don't need to start at the beginning of the song. Simply, start where you want to and finish were you want to, and I shall deal with whatever submissions we get afterwards.. perhaps it might jump around depending on what percentage of the song we actually get parts to. Also, feel free to record video instead of just audio if you like!

[August]
Name: Stop and Stare
Artist: One Republic
Singing Reference
Recording Reference
Due date: Mid-September

__

Guides:
Listen to the 'Singing Reference' listed and do your best to learn the lyrics, pitch, timing and such. Remember, nothing perfect! In fact, it was always more fun when people are a bit off.

Then select your recording software of choice, a quiet room and play the 'Recording Reference' though a headset or headphone devices and sing along to the Karaoke.

When you have finished singing la la la into you microphone please save the file, upload it to a trusted download site and PM the link to me. After a set date I will compile all of the vocals from our lovely choir here and we will have a great time!

Rules:
Tired of reading yet?
First off please sing alone, if there is another person with you who wishes to sing please send their recording in separate from yours. Singing with your friends is fun but when I go to compile all of this it will be a lot easier if I can have each vocal on its own.

Secondly make sure the recording reference isn't picked up by the microphone- if it is a bit that is understandable, but it will make it a lot easier for me if I can hear your pretty voice uninterrupted by the guitar.

Lastly, after releasing the final project please please please be kind to others and do not criticize their singing- this is meant to be a fun thing!

Lets also have to suggestions for the next song!
Feel free to disregard if you do not wish too, but please don't be shy! I mean, I am a god awful singer and I sent in my work and Phantomboy seemed to like it alright.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Time to find a four year old and make a death metal song. :3
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Semesto wrote:Time to find a four year old and make a death metal song. :3
That sounds- lovely! Hehe, regardless if you know a four year old please have them send in a recording, that would be- great!
SerPo

Post by SerPo »

Hmh, sounds nice, I also have a pretty good microphone here... why not :>
Soccerstar

Post by Soccerstar »

You should do "I Knew You Were Trouble" by Taylor Swift next. Most of the people on these forums are guys so I think it'd be hilarious...
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Soccerstar wrote:You should do "I Knew You Were Trouble" by Taylor Swift next. Most of the people on these forums are guys so I think it'd be hilarious...
Haha, alright- let's do it! You guys can enter either song and at some point I will take all of the submissions and make a separate video for each song. I look forward to see any submissions sent in :)
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I'd love to participate, but I'm not sure where/when I could sing it such that the people outside my college dorm room won't hear me :3
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

I would do it! Sounds fun
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Wowfunhappy wrote:I'd love to participate, but I'm not sure where/when I could sing it such that the people outside my college dorm room won't hear me :3
Haha, I would just go for it! I mean you could go stand in a sort of secluded location. Me leaving near a city, I wouldn't find many places like that but perhaps others might.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

So when/what do we send in? And to where?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

bionicnacho wrote:So when/what do we send in? And to where?
Oh, I am so sorry I forgot to say- just PM them to me with the file attached :)
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

You'll have to upload it to mediafire. You can't attach mp3's.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Wowfunhappy wrote:You'll have to upload it to mediafire. You can't attach mp3's.
I probably should have checked that out before saying so, yeah. Anyway yes, please just PM me the link to the download and I will put together a lovely little duet or in this case contrapuntal composition :)
Soccerstar

Post by Soccerstar »

I'll try to do it when I'm alone. Just warning y'all, I'm not missing my calling by not becoming a singer...
Epowerj

Post by Epowerj »

If I ever (am forced) make a song with singing, I will definetely edit my voice untill unrecognizable.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Epowerj wrote:If I ever (am forced) make a song with singing, I will definetely edit my voice untill unrecognizable.
Oh come on, haha, don't worry! I have put mine it and it was god awful (I mean really bad!) Don't worry!
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

I sent mine in! Really embarrassed about it but you guys should send yours in too!
Reap

Post by Reap »

I plan on doing this. I have a cold atm and I was singing along to the song earlier and OMG it's horrid... :P
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I am happy people are showing interest! I have been working a bit of editing with the first track sent in, got it all lined up! :) I hope to see more in soon, maybe will set an deadline at the end of March if we get a few more submissions. Obviously we wouldn't if there is still only one or two! I look forward to this guys :)
Reap

Post by Reap »

I can not believe I just did this.... please like auto-tune the crap out of my voice Phantom!!