The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

John Shields Music

Share your creative endeavors
Gtarmetro

John Shields Music

Post by Gtarmetro »

Image Blog:
Spoiler
May 4, 2014 - Introduction Hey Everyone! I've been working on my solo album vigorously and decided to set up this master thread! There are links to each of my social networks here, as well as a blog of mine that I will update until album release! At this point I'm pretty much done with 2 of the singles. These include Sad Clown and The 7ths. Hopefully I can continue my progress and finish the album by the end of this year! I have multiple studio times this week, and everyone's on edge at school because of finals. I'll keep you guys posted on how that is going on Skype and so on. I'm also thinking of making a music video for one of my songs, so I created a formal YouTube channel. Be sure to subscribe! Thanks, John May 20, 2014 - A Steady Pace
Ello Everybody! I have been working on and off at times I'm available! I have finals coming up, so I haven't had much time to record. I've been coming up with a bunch of awesome ideas though, as you can see from my Test Track 1. You see, I've been experimenting with the sounds that instruments make. The humming in Test Track 1 is actually an ocarina I got at a convention a few months ago! Cool huh? I've been working with all sorts of instruments to create new, beautiful sounds for you to enjoy. I've also been coming up with ideas for music videos. They're very abstract, but could bring in a huge fan base if done correctly! Stay Frosty, John May 27, 2014 - Making Room Heyo Guys! This past week, me and a few friends have been cleaning out the basement and now have a surplus of empty rooms, so I'll be recording a video in one of them! I can't wait to start the video project I have planned this upcoming weekend! Hopefully you guys are as excited as I am! I've been finding obscure instruments to use for the project too, and have found some nice editing tricks to make it sound cool! Shine Bright Like a Diamond, John
Spoiler
June 14, 2014 - Traveling & Stuff
Eyo People! I've been traveling for inspiration the past couple weeks! I drove down to North Carolina and flew up to New York for a few days. Right now I'm in North Carolina again, and the whole trip I've been taking photos to use for artwork! I've also gotten a lot of inspiration from the architecture in New York! Music wise, I've been making magic happen on my guitar. Stay charming, John June 20, 2014 - Ideas & Ideas
Hello Chaps! I'm going to the beach for a couple days, so I'm sure to get a lot of motivation there. I recently released Corrupt Data on Soundcloud and I have to say it was one of the more fun tracks I've made! I'm going to start experimenting with drum beats and synths like I did in that example, so be prepared for a lot of new stuff in that regard. As far as my album, I've been working on lyrics and chord progressions for a few songs, and have been practicing guitar for the recording process! Be amazing as ever, John
Spoiler
July 2, 2014 - Some Collaborations
G'day Peepz! I know it's been a little while since an update, but I'm happy to say that I've got some people that have offered to help me and collaborate with me for the album. I have to say thank you to those specific people, and that if you wish to collaborate with me, I'd be happy to! I've been (still) working on chord progressions, lyrics, and melodies. I've got multiple songs to be worked on, and a lot of it is early WIP. Stay with me here, though! The album will be amazing if I work my hardest on it and don't rush! Happy (late) Canada day, John July 15, 2014 - Production of Transitions Hiyah bros I've been working with specific people on solo parts for parts of tracks. I need a drummer with proper recording equipment to collaborate with too, so if anyone's interested, I'd love to have some (actual) drums on the demos.

I've gotten a crazy awesome end theme together that will be a wonderful conclusion to the album. There's so much to do, and it's gonna be a hell of a ride!

Have a g'day,
John
Spoiler
August 5, 2014 - DavidKMusic Collaborations
Heyo! Me and my good friend DavidKMusic have made a few collaboration songs that you should check out on both my SoundCloud and @DavidKMusic! There's one experimental track, and one WIP piece that will soothe the ear. As far as the album goes, I am working hard on each bit and will have 7 songs on the final release. I am about 2/7 of the way done (just for you statistics geeks). I am 95% complete writing the album, and there's almost every lyric on paper now. Stay faithful with me; I'm doing my best! Have an awesome evening,
John

August 8, 2014 - LZVE
Hello There! LZVE is out today; and guess what? IT'S FREE!! Be sure to pick it up here! If you like the music and want to hear more, be sure to drop in a donation with the name your price option! Have a wonderful day, John August 24, 2014 - Scheduled Programming
Welcome Again! I am happy to announce the name and album cover of my next big project! I shall now introduce you to "Scheduled Programming"! Image
Spoiler
October 13, 2014 - #649987 & Update
Hey Everyone I'm sorry I haven't been very active lately but I've had school and haven't had much time this past month do much musically. I have been working here and there on new indie tracks that I will perform live, and I've been researching into music notation and composition. I've also been working on improving my skill on guitar and piano, and have updated my site's UI here. In any case, it's been a while. There is one thing for you all to check out for now; that being my new experimental track "#649987" which was a collaboration between me and Black Paths. Be sure to check it out! It's been a while, John
November 16, 2014 - Star's Legacy & Stuff
Hello Folks I'm not as motivated to post as much anymore because this forum is very inactive and I barely ever get replies from you guys, but I see that StreetLights is still going at it so I might as well. First things first; I have a new electronic piece out today called Star's Legacy. Be sure to check it out and tell me how it is, as this is a new approach to my music! It isn't as weird and experimental as my recent tracks have been, so don't worry! Another exciting thing is that I have a new goal for myself and new live things going on around me! I am starting to do performances live, and am doing a project with my fellow musicians to perform live at a future school concert! I'm so excited, and this is an excellent opportunity to get my name into the community! I'll keep you guys updated, John
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Dear gosh! Those are absolutely beautiful, I am really really impressed :)
Spoiler
OH MY GOSH, THAT SIGNATURE - IT IS ILLEGALLY CUTE
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Wow, really nice album art! Lookin' classy!
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

Spoiler
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Nice stuff!
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

I'm really pumped for this album :)

Listening to the previews, they really sound like high quality work.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

As someone who generally listens to and produces electronic music, I don't usually listen to your genre. I do however, find your pieces to be extremely interesting to listen to and you have my full support for this album. I'm gonna promote it every opportunity I can.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Awesome Music! Looking forward to the album!
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

May 20, 2014 - A Steady Pace
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

This is incredibly awesome. Moar plz.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

May 27, 2014 - Making Room
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

I've also recently been listening to your earlier ambient soundtrack stuff. I have a friend who makes that kind of stuff, and you guys should totally collab
https://soundcloud.com/dangerousdevices
I'll be sure to send him your soundcloud!
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

June 14, 2014 - Traveling & Stuff
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

pls. just. make. the. album. happen.
I want this :D
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

StreetLights wrote:pls. just. make. the. album. happen.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

StreetLights wrote:pls. just. make. the. album. happen.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

June 20, 2014 - Ideas & Ideas
Spoiler
New Soundcloud icon thanks to ZeroSwordsMaster! Thanks bro!

Posts Merged
July 15, 2014 - Production of Transitions

Be sure to talk to me if you want to collaborate on something!
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Whoa, tones of new things I hadn't seen :) I should check back more often! Great job so far!
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

August 5, 2014 - DavidKMusic Collaborations
Spoiler

Desk Assistant @ MTSU
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Best 'o luck with your work and collab(s)!
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.