The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Wrote A Mini Research Paper On The Origin Of Skateboarding.

Share your creative endeavors
RetroBandit
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Wrote A Mini Research Paper On The Origin Of Skateboarding.

Post by RetroBandit »

Here it is.
The Origin of Skateboarding. Skateboarding is a unique sport, because even though skateboarding was invented around the late 1940’s, it wasn’t until 1995, the year of the first “X Games” that skateboarding was introduced to widestream audiences as a sport. But skateboarding is much more than a sport. Skateboarding is a form of transportation, a recreational activity, an art form, and even a job. But to truly understand skateboarding, you have to know how skateboarding began. No one knows who invented the first skateboard, but we do know that skateboarding came about in the late 1940s in california when surfers were trying to figure out what to when there was no surfable waves. The first skate boards consisted of a wooden box with roller skate wheels attached to the bottom so you could ride the skateboard anywhere on a smooth surface. This came to be known as sidewalk surfing because surfers tended to replicate many tricks made with a surfboard on the skateboard. As skateboarding caught on, a small number of surfing manufactures seized the opportunity and produced skateboards which resembled surfboards with rollerskates attached to the bottom and hired small teams to promote there products. As skateboarding grew, skateboarders began to build skateparks and host local competitions to show their skill, but it wasn’t till 1995 that the “X Games” aired and introduced skateboarding to the world.

That's it.

I think I am flying?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

That is actually really nice! Probably bounds above the things I was writing a few years ago when I was 14. I would hope that you also kept your works cited page? or still have the sources documented somewhere?
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

Yes I Cited in the original document but I removed that and my name from the document for forum purposes
I think I am flying?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Well, great job :)
tta

Post by tta »

is this from 'pac
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

whats pac?
I think I am flying?
tta

Post by tta »

you know, 'pac, the legend. the prophet.
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

Umm No.

This is from my mind and a couple hours of research and reading a tony hawk autobiography
I think I am flying?