The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Some Fun In Unity

Share your creative endeavors
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Some Fun In Unity

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

So, I've been playing around with Unity Pro for a little while now, and wish to display what I've come up with so far. This is a multiplayer based arena where peeps can fight eachother. Though it is far from finished.

[media=youtube]wF4gUyL11Vg[/media]

The link to test it out is here.
Anuke

Post by Anuke »

It's hilarious how the enemies try to kick you, fly in the air, and fall flat on their face.
The animation looks pretty good.

also, why are you a woman? ._.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Looks nice. Did you use Photon for this? Whenever I try using Photon I can't get smooth movement for whatever reason.

Also.... Did you actually purchase Unity Pro? XD
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

bionicnacho wrote:Looks nice. Did you use Photon for this? Whenever I try using Photon I can't get smooth movement for whatever reason.
Nah, this is without other players connected. The other players are AI. But yes, photon is wired into this game, and has laggy state syncronization thus far. The solution is apparently lerping the character between positions.
bionicnacho wrote: Also.... Did you actually purchase Unity Pro? XD
Yup, I got a student license for $110
Anuke wrote:
also, why are you a woman? ._.
I always play a female character when I play games.
zardini001
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by zardini001 »

Sebastian Lawe wrote: Yup, I got a student license for $110
What version of Pro do you have? Because seriously, $110 for Unity Pro is f***ing cheap!
I got Unity Pro 5.x (when it comes out) for $750.

Also some tips for improvement:
- When dealing with advanced animations like that sidekick you have in there, you really should use a Animation Controller (if you haven't already). As the sidekick animation plays you slow down the character controller to sync the player movement with the animations, so it looks more realistic.
- Dat terrain doh.
- The character controllers should have a little more torque to them. They seem to slide a lot.

Pretty cool though.
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

$110 is 2 expensiv 4 me

Really cool looking demo though, I can see you're coming a long way since your ball-rolling-through-smashy-blocks phase.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

zardini001 wrote:What version of Pro do you have? Because seriously, $110 for Unity Pro is f***ing cheap!
I got Unity Pro 5.x (when it comes out) for $750.

Also some tips for improvement:
- When dealing with advanced animations like that sidekick you have in there, you really should use a Animation Controller (if you haven't already). As the sidekick animation plays you slow down the character controller to sync the player movement with the animations, so it looks more realistic.
- Dat terrain doh.
- The character controllers should have a little more torque to them. They seem to slide a lot.

Pretty cool though.
I have a student license. Its limited to educational projects and such but comes with pro deployment for every platform. When the time comes to make money off of my project, I will upgrade my license. Like your license though, I get Unity 5.x Pro when it comes out.

I've since done a ton of tweaking to character movements. Nothing too interesting until halfway through the video.
[media=youtube]C_WfDG882x0[/media]
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

I love how exaggerated their fall is
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: