The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[official] Aludra Engine - Project On Hold

Share your creative endeavors
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

When I was modeling, I used Blender. It's free and pretty easy to learn. The thing is though, I know -how- to do it, but modeling is an art. Just like painting and drawing, it takes skill and talent to do a good job. That's the main reason why I had to give up my position as a modeler because I'm not good enough for the game. Don't want to let you guys down with poor models!
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

EyceKubes wrote:When I was modeling, I used Blender. It's free and pretty easy to learn. The thing is though, I know -how- to do it, but modeling is an art. Just like painting and drawing, it takes skill and talent to do a good job. That's the main reason why I had to give up my position as a modeler because I'm not good enough for the game. Don't want to let you guys down with poor models!
I use blender. Modeling is the hard part for me to, but I am not giving up! :D I need to give this my all if I want to revive this world, atmosphir. Atmosphir, it really is the key to opening someones heart. I can't loose something like that.

Also, I decided to make the best flag that I could. It will use approximately 20 armatures, rather than my previous 3 XD

And, for future reference, if you guys do have any models/characters not animated, I could try to animate it for you! (When making animations, I know it's best to keep anything that moves separated. Such as the upper and lower arm, or individual fingers, etc.)
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

You guys should hire aflysokat.

lol im kidding
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

nonic5 wrote:I use blender. Modeling is the hard part for me to, but I am not giving up! :D I need to give this my all if I want to revive this world, atmosphir. Atmosphir, it really is the key to opening someones heart. I can't loose something like that.
It's not atmosphir, they're making a new game like atmosphir
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

winningkill wrote:It's not atmosphir, they're making a new game like atmosphir
Then, in the long run, it would have the same effect, no? You use the heart the most when you create something, no matter what it is. I want to help make anything.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

nonic5 wrote: Also, I decided to make the best flag that I could. It will use approximately 20 armatures, rather than my previous 3 XD
Oh awesome! By the way, you did a good job on the other flag! But i had to scale it up like 15 times to get it the right size :P
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Just now I finished modeling/rigging the flag.The animation I'll start on, but I am not rushing myself. IDK how long it will take.

Edit: Wow... that was REALLY easy XD!

There you go! I am REALLY proud of this. If you want me to animate it differently, then that will be super easy. The modeling is the long and hard part...
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Are there specific requirements for the flag? Or could it be just a piece of cloth on a pole? (I have a flag, I'm just curious...)
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Baufritz wrote:Are there specific requirements for the flag? Or could it be just a piece of cloth on a pole? (I have a flag, I'm just curious...)
Well, the thing is, if you use cloth/plane like you did there, when imported to unity it has only 1 side, so looking at it from behind doesn't show the flag, only the pole.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.

Post by Baufritz »

darn it, I wasn`t thinking of that...oh well, back to the drawing board.
If it's broken, fix it.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

JUST to be clear, we never said to *specifically* make a flag model. You can send in anything you want.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Okiedokie! I think I just might make & rig a whole character, should be easier and a lot more fun ^.^
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

nonic5 wrote:Okiedokie! I think I just might make & rig a whole character, should be easier and a lot more fun ^.^
Awesome. We're in need of a character model anyways :D
One thing though. We're not going for realism in this game. Try to keep the models fairly cartoon-ish especially with the character :)
Baufritz

Post by Baufritz »

bionicnacho wrote:JUST to be clear, we never said to *specifically* make a flag model. You can send in anything you want.
MySt wrote: So if you would like to get involved, what you need to do is send us an email to “[email protected]” with an animated model of a start/finish flag. (If you would like to, send in other models you've worked on in the past!) It doesn't have to be colored or painted or anything. Just a plain grey model will do but it does have to be animated.
?

Alright, I'll think of something :P
If it's broken, fix it.
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

Baufritz wrote:Confuzzling Quotes from people.
I probably should update the thread later. Bionicnacho and I have made a few adjustments for the rules of the application and it really hasn't been announced. Sorry for the confusion.
Baufritz

Post by Baufritz »

No problem, so what things are you accepting?
If it's broken, fix it.
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

Baufritz wrote:No problem, so what things are you accepting?
ANything you're willing to make, just send it to B.N.
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

Baufritz wrote:No problem, so what things are you accepting?
Pretty much anything at this point. We're in need of a good character model and a new flag as well. We origonally intended to just have the flag be what was sent in because we thought it seemed simple and easy to do. But now just send us anything you think would prove your skills and/or helps us make the game.
winningkill wrote:ANything you're willing to make, just send it to B.N.
Actually, you can send it to me, Bionicnacho, or our email "[email protected]"
MySt

Post by MySt »

Thread Update:
Community Interviews
> View on Site
> View Forum Thread
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

Bump.

Guys we really need your questions for our upcoming video!!! Please read the updated news on the thread body and post your questions on our website (preferably) and/or on the forums. Thank you!