The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[official] Aludra Engine - Project On Hold

Share your creative endeavors
MySt

[official] Aludra Engine - Project On Hold

Post by MySt »

[align=left][b]UPDATE: [/b]The project has been put on hold until further notice.[/align]
[align=left][/align]

[align=center][b]Welcome to the Official Aludra Engine Thread![/b][/align]
[align=center]____________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

[align=center]Hello! This is Mystified Studios' official Aludra Engine thread! Expect some sneak peeks, behind the scenes, concept art, fan art, dev casts, game updates, and much much more! Be sure to check out our website for exclusive content you can't get anywhere else![/align]

[align=center][url='https://twitter.com/mystifiedstudio']Follow us on Twitter![/url] - [url='http://www.youtube.com/user/mystifiedstudio']Subscribe to our YouTube Channel![/url] - [url='http://www.mystifiedstudios.com/']Check out our Website![/url][/align]

[align=center]___________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

[align=center][size=4][b]Recent News[/b][/size][/align]

[u][i]Another Team Update:[/i][/u]
> [url='http://mystifiedstudios.com/wp/developm ... am-update/']View on site[/url]
Hello everybody. Eyce here with another update. This is long overdue, but we are sad to say that Nonic5 has decided to leave the team. About a month ago (That's how far behind we are on updating you guys) Nonic had left his resigination message on our Skype group and left the group in the same manner. The modeling position has been reassigned to the team as a whole but we'll still need a modeler down the line. Thanks Nonic for the good times! You will be missed.

In other news, lots of things are being added to Aludra! The GUI is slowly being implemented, but it's getting there. Level saving and uploading have also been worked on and is now 95% completed! BionicNacho has been working hard on that and is an amazing person for doing it. And a few more bits and pieces that I can't share with you guys for now... sorry! We hope to have a video up within the next few weeks showcasing something for you guys to see (what it'll be I don't know just yet). Thanks for staying with us!

[size=1]- EyceKubes[/size]

[align=center]___________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

[align=center][size=4][b]Old News[/b][/size][/align]

[u][i]Team Update!:[/i][/u]
[size=2]> [url='http://mystifiedstudios.com/wp/developm ... am-update/']View on site[/url][/size]

[u][i]Get Ready:[/i][/u]
[size=2]> [url='http://mystifiedstudios.com/wp/developm ... get-ready/']View on site[/url][/size]

[i]First Official Podcast!:[/i]
[size=2][i]> [url='http://mystifiedstudios.com/wp/uncatego ... l-podcast/']View on Site[/url][/i][/size]

[i]Community Interviews:[/i]
[size=2][i]> [url='http://mystifiedstudios.com/wp/developm ... nterviews/']View on Site[/url][/i][/size]

[i]We Need a Fifth Wheel!:[/i]
[size=2][i]> [url='http://mystifiedstudios.com/wp/developm ... -released/']View on Site[/url][/i][/size]

[i]Presenting "Project Imagine":[/i]

[size=2][i]> [url='http://mystifiedstudios.com/wp/developm ... -released/']View on Site[/url][/i][/size]
[size=2][i]> [url='http://onemoreblock.com/forum/index.php ... agine.467/']View Forum Thread[/url][/i][/size]
[align=center][b]Our Team[/b][/align]
[align=center][size=2]Pedro "[i]Bionicnacho[/i]" Lopez – Lead Programmer[/size][/align]
[align=center][size=2]Lucas "[i]Luke[/i]" Simon – Programmer[/size][/align]
[align=center][size=2]EyceKubes – Graphic Development[/size][/align]
[align=center][size=2]Logan "Semesto" Crawford – Graphic Development[/size][/align]
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Looks great! If I had had any ability, I would join. But I suck. Of course. :P
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Looks great! If I had had any ability, I would join. But I suck. Of course. :P
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

Do you need beta testers when the beta comes out?

If you do, i'll be glad to help the myst community.
MySt

Post by MySt »

Once we have a stable alpha version of the game ready to be released, we will hand-pick a very small selection of people to help test it in a closed alpha stage. We're not too sure how we're going to handle the Beta version, however. We might have a "sign-up" system where we let those who sign up in every couple of days, or we might do something entirely different. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it :)
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Dang, the only support I can provide is database or I/O programming...
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Prepare your selves for the most amazing admin right here.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

I can do graphic animations, I am just not sure how well. I'll give it a shot sometime within the next week and show you what I got.

OH! And if you guys are using unity, I DO know how to do character animations. Animations are easy for me, it's just the actual modeling that is hard.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

nonic5 wrote:I can do graphic animations, I am just not sure how well. I'll give it a shot sometime within the next week and show you what I got.

OH! And if you guys are using unity, I DO know how to do character animations. Animations are easy for me, it's just the actual modeling that is hard.
Yep, we are using Unity! Go ahead and show us a preview of what you've done, and we'll get back to you. You can contact us through PMs on OMB (to either me or Eyce) or preferably send us an email at [email protected]
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Didn't get to re-download unity until 10:30 PM, and I have testing tomorrow... I'll try to get it to you tomorrow if possible. I recently had to wipe all the data off the computer. (Darn sister and her MMO's...)

Edit: This is merely a suggestion, but maybe you should start a blog? You don't have to post often, but every now and then so we know your current progress. Like, ("April 1: -Improved textures -added 4 new blocks")
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

What file format do you guys prefer for models?
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

nonic5 wrote:Edit: This is merely a suggestion, but maybe you should start a blog? You don't have to post often, but every now and then so we know your current progress. Like, ("April 1: -Improved textures -added 4 new blocks")
We do have one, in fact. It's on our website here. We don't post often but when we do have an update for you guys, it's there first. Also the blog will contain exclusive content you won't find here on the forums, so check there often.
Baufritz wrote:What file format do you guys prefer for models?
I'm not sure if this is right but I think .obj and .3ds will work fine. I'll update the thread too.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

EyceKubes wrote:I'm not sure if this is right but I think .obj and .3ds will work fine. I'll update the thread too.
Baufritz wrote:What file format do you guys prefer for models?
Actually, because we are using unity I would prefer the models be in a .fbx format since unity ends up converting it to fbx anyways, so it's better for performance. But if you can't get it to us in that format, a .3ds will do just fine.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

*sigh* I think it might take longer than I thought. I have no skills when it comes to modeling, so making something compatible for animation is a bit tricky. Also, TBH, I am still learning a bit of animating. In fact, character animating might even be easier than a flag. -.-
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

nonic5 wrote:*sigh* I think it might take longer than I thought. I have no skills when it comes to modeling, so making something compatible for animation is a bit tricky. Also, TBH, I am still learning a bit of animating. In fact, character animating might even be easier than a flag. -.-
That's alright.

Quick question: Do you know how to rig a model such as a character?
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

There was a software called Fragmotion where you use unrigged models to rig it (like point inside the man's body). If you are going to rig a flag to animate, the rigged shape is L flipped upside down. I'm not so sure about compatibility with Unity.

Well I forgot how to do it again because I last used it 2 or 3 years ago.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

bionicnacho wrote:That's alright.

Quick question: Do you know how to rig a model such as a character?
Yeah, that's really easy. Just apply bones and armatures ^.^

Also, I have the animation... But I am trying to figure out right now why it isn't working in unity. (I use blender to make animations, and import them into unity. It should have worked.)

Lol, I am no pro at animating. I know a lot but have little experience. I am trying though the best I can to build up enough skills for you guys!

Maybe you could take a look and see why it's not working? It's only running as a model.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ix1f2i

(Also, I noticed that planes are 1 sided in unity, I'll fix that later.)

P.S., it seems like you are acting as if I am a professional XD. Really, this is hard for me. I just knew I had some knowledge, and that I will try my best so I can help you guys. I may not be anything professional or good, but I am trying my best to give you guys all the support I can.

Edit: I just tried it again. The animation appears to be there, but two things.

1. The animation speed is non-linear, I'll fix that.
2. The animation is in a separate content. You guys might know what to do, but the file is there.

Finally, I didn't email you this because it is NOT THE FINAL COPY. It's only a test run so I can refresh my self on animation. Besides, it's the model that was hardest to deal with XD

Edit: (This isn't a chat board, not use to that XD.)

Anyway, I just figured out about merging, so I should be able to make the flag with a PROPER animation soon. This time I should be able to apply a professional, clean look with armatures. I have practice ATM though.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

nonic5 wrote: P.S., it seems like you are acting as if I am a professional XD. Really, this is hard for me. I just knew I had some knowledge, and that I will try my best so I can help you guys. I may not be anything professional or good, but I am trying my best to give you guys all the support I can.
Hahah i know you're not a professional. None of us working on the game are professionals. I've had to learn lots of things to be able to program the game. Luke has gone as far as learning an entire new language for the game. What's good about this "project" is that aside from it being really fun to do, you also learn new things in the process.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

bionicnacho wrote:Hahah i know you're not a professional. None of us working on the game are professionals. I've had to learn lots of things to be able to program the game. Luke has gone as far as learning an entire new language for the game. What's good about this "project" is that aside from it being really fun to do, you also learn new things in the process.
Good. I guess you could take that as a coplement, cause you sound pro XD. I'll do the same, and learn how to animate for you! (Who knows, maybe we'll all grow up to be indie developers XD

EDIT:

AAAnyway, guess what! I finally learned how to use armatures correctly! I got a flag done at the moment, and it is broken into only three segments. If you need me to add more segments, I can, but I wanted to finish it today, (In my expected time range I mentioned) just so you guys can have something.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bz3sny

Check it out, and if anything needs to be changed, tell me.

P.S., I am glad I am doing this. I had a lot of fun today, and learned even more. This took me about 3 hours to make, but next time I should be able to do that in a much quicker time. :)
Soccerstar

Post by Soccerstar »

If I had the slightest idea of how to model I'd send one in. But I don't. Seriously, I don't even know what program I would use for that kind of thing. XD