The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[official] Aludra Engine - Project On Hold

Share your creative endeavors
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

did i miss something? i've never seen this. what happened, someone inform me.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

DvChayz wrote:did i miss something? i've never seen this. what happened, someone inform me.
The information that has been released has been a bit hard to find as they have said things in the chatroom, on skype calls and hidden in secrect URL's .. From my (admittedly lacking understanding) this project will be working towards creating a level creation platform - perhaps a bit similar to Atmosphir, however specifics are again a bit hidden.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

Phantomboy wrote:The information that has been released has been a bit hard to find as they have said things in the chatroom, on skype calls and hidden in secrect URL's .. From my (admittedly lacking understanding) this project will be working towards creating a level creation platform - perhaps a bit similar to Atmosphir, however specifics are again a bit hidden.
//barfing rainbows
are you serious
thats like amazing
i cant wait asdfadsfd
zznick5000zz

Post by zznick5000zz »

DvChayz wrote:did i miss something? i've never seen this. what happened, someone inform me.
It is something similar to Atmosphir because you can build levels in a similar way. However, they are adding things to make it different from Atmosphir. Here's a link to the video they posted over 3 months ago showing it off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5dEbN5XHek
luke5227

Post by luke5227 »

DvChayz wrote://barfing rainbows
are you serious
thats like amazing
i cant wait asdfadsfd
zznick5000zz wrote:It is something similar to Atmosphir because you can build levels in a similar way. However, they are adding things to make it different from Atmosphir. Here's a link to the video they posted over 3 months ago showing it off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5dEbN5XHek
Glad you guys are still interested! We also added our podcast on iTunes and plan on releasing a quick blog update and a video soon!

FYI Search "Mystified Studios" on the iTunes Store. We're the cloud!
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

luke5227 wrote:We're the cloud!
Possible slogan. :)
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

It's great seeing you guys discuss the game. The reason why we haven't released any updates lately is because for one we have a (very) small team and also, we can't work full-time on the game. We are able to work more now that its summer break. We'll post something on the blog hopefully today or tomorrow explaining some things, along with a video probably next week. Again, thanks for supporting us!
MySt

Post by MySt »

Updated the thread! You can also see the post hereon our website.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Hooray for updates! Thanks for the news, guys!
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Hey guys! We were almost ready to record a video for you, but something weird was happening to the unity project which resulted in the whole project getting messed up. Once Eyce gets back home, he'll check his old computer where he thinks he has a good version of the game (although a few days old) that will work. Let's all hope for the best!
notblackjack

Post by notblackjack »

How about a tester? Every company needs a tester who spends their whole game testing every aspect of the game.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

notblackjack wrote:How about a tester? Every company needs a tester who spends their whole game testing every aspect of the game.
We would need some sort of testing at some point, but right now we are so early in the development process that we are aware that there are tons of bugs. Having a tester needs to come in at a later stage, probably along with Alpha/Beta testing.

DEV UPDATE:
We are really sorry about all the delays for the video. We hoped to have it the week after we posted that message, but as you can all tell, that didn't happen.

The cause to this is that shortly after that was posted, our Unity Project got entirely messed up due to a program we USED to use called BitTorrent Sync, which was used so that each of us could have an up-to-date version of the project. Sadly, something weird happened and old files were replacing new ones and some files even disappeared, leading every scene become useless. Gladly, we had a backup of right after something similar had happened, though a few weeks old. That project that we had a backup of was ALSO partly messed up, and to be honest we just lost motivation. We should have let you know of this sooner, but yeah. One or two weeks ago I felt like working again so I fixed up that old backup, and now we have Design Mode working again.

Level Uploading/Play Browser, something that we had worked on AFTER the backup, was all lost so the only thing we can do is basically re-make it. I'm not promising anything, but we really still want to push out a video for you guys. There are still a few things that are buggy, so there is lots to re-fix. Again, sorry for the lack of updates.

- BionicNacho,
Programmer
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Wow, that sucks. Well, good luck.
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Ouchhhhh... That bites. :(
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Get a git repository. Every commit you do is stored, so you can backup to three seconds ago, 2 minutes ago, 10 minutes ago, 1 day ago, etc.
luke5227

Post by luke5227 »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:Get a git repository. Every commit you do is stored, so you can backup to three seconds ago, 2 minutes ago, 10 minutes ago, 1 day ago, etc.
Does that allow sharing between users? We're mainly looking for something that can easily share files across the Internet and that is easy to edit them.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

luke5227 wrote:Does that allow sharing between users? We're mainly looking for something that can easily share files across the Internet and that is easy to edit them.
Yup. SVN is also another form of effective code sharing if git doesn't work.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

I have looked into doing this before, but to be able to do such a thing, you need Unity Pro. It has to do with the way the files are saved that if you do not change an option that is only able to be changed w/ UPro it can cause problems with both GIT and SVN. I'll see if I can get it working some other way.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Just wanted to say something real quick

The project is on hold at the moment.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Oh nooo....