The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir Server Dev - Updated 4/19/2014

General discussion about Atmosphir.
kroltan
Developer
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by kroltan »

You need to use the version supplied by this forum:
http://onemoreblock.com/forum/index.php ... sphir.274/
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

DerekItoldu wrote:so can we log in on the program atmosphir cause I still cant do that
In addition, you have to create a new account in the game. Your game account and forum account are separate. Read this article to see how to register: http://onemoreblock.com/forum/index.php ... ster.1464/
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
UC101

Post by UC101 »

any more posts about the progress, or is all that on twitter?
We are anomalous.
We are region.
Forgive and forget.
Expecto patronum.
:?:
Warchief6
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Warchief6 »

Well.. It's been awhiel since i;ve been designing.. Hopefully my skills arent rusty haha
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Warchief6 wrote:Well.. It's been awhiel since i;ve been designing.. Hopefully my skills arent rusty haha

HAI.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Warchief6
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Warchief6 »

Hey ya buddy!!! Hee hee, i already forgot how to use forum stuff hahahaha. im so noob ^.^ It's good to be back with you bunch -a-lots :D
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Just out of curiosity, are we gonna be able to search for levels soon? The only reason I ask is because the play browser is up to 9 pages, and the search bar just pulls up all levels, so finding levels is starting to become time-consuming.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Nin
Developer

Post by Nin »

UC101 wrote:any more posts about the progress, or is all that on twitter?
I'll always be updating this thread on development progress. The twitter is just more... verbose on the details behind the development - in a manner of speaking.
ElectroYoshi wrote:Just out of curiosity, are we gonna be able to search for levels soon? The only reason I ask is because the play browser is up to 9 pages, and the search bar just pulls up all levels, so finding levels is starting to become time-consuming.

I completely understand how problematic that might be. I'll try to get it done within the span of a month or two.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Nin wrote:
I completely understand how problematic that might be. I'll try to get it done within the span of a month or two.

OK, cool. Take your time, no rush. :P
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

I'm sure there's some obvious smart-guy answer I'm missing here, but doesn't each copy of the game come with the game code, like Minecraft? So technically, we could just mod the game right? Like just add new blocks with the properties and textures of other ones, like taking the shape of a blue block, taking the properties and textures of water from the riverbed prop and BAM! New block?
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

@Flameforlife Easier said than done. Yes, we do extract code from the game, but modified a packaged EXE and its dependency DLLs is a problem, because those were signed with Minor Studio's imprints, and we don't have those. The game will only accept correctly signed DLL files. Modifying a Java program is much more naive, because the code is literally pasted in binary form inside each file of the JAR file. You just extract one file, decompile it, edit and compile again, then put it back to the JAR. Also Unity (.NET) doeas a great deal of obfuscation on the code.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

kroltan wrote:@Flameforlife Easier said than done. Yes, we do extract code from the game, but modified a packaged EXE and its dependency DLLs is a problem, because those were signed with Minor Studio's imprints, and we don't have those. The game will only accept correctly signed DLL files. Modifying a Java program is much more naive, because the code is literally pasted in binary form inside each file of the JAR file. You just extract one file, decompile it, edit and compile again, then put it back to the JAR. Also Unity (.NET) doeas a great deal of obfuscation on the code.
I'll take that as a big N-O.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I wouldn't say it's a "no" but rather an expression of the extraneous effort that doing something like that would be, you know?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

It's always possible, but I feel like we should do that after everything else because of how much more time-consuming it would be (assuming we ever do it at all).
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh okay then. Any progress on the shop?
RAMbyteCoder

Post by RAMbyteCoder »

sorry, I wasn't reading the new server details.

i saw that there is a proto .exe for the new server but I can't find it, and to top it off, my computer decided to completely obliterate my .atmo files as well, so no more maps from me till I make some more.

+ i know the register details.
Nin
Developer

Post by Nin »

RAMbyteCoder wrote:sorry, I wasn't reading the new server details.

i saw that there is a proto .exe for the new server but I can't find it, .
First of all, I'm assuming that you're addressing me yes? The server (which I assume is what you meant by "proto .exe for the new server") is neither available for download at the moment nor is it readily made installable. Why do you insist on hosting your own server? Is there something you don't like about the OMB server that I can help with?

Or perhaps you meant to download the client, which can be downloaded here.

Flameforlife wrote:Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh okay then. Any progress on the shop?
Don't worry, the mechanics of the shop stuff have already been figured out for the most part. Our biggest concern right now though is the level browser. Just hold tight!
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

Nin wrote:Don't worry, the mechanics of the shop stuff have already been figured out for the most part. Our biggest concern right now though is the level browser. Just hold tight!
I never got your opinion on the formula created. Honestly I'm curious as to what you think should happen. :) You don't have to answer this, I just wanted to say what was on my mind.
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

RAMbyteCoder wrote:sorry, I wasn't reading the new server details.

i saw that there is a proto .exe for the new server but I can't find it, and to top it off, my computer decided to completely obliterate my .atmo files as well, so no more maps from me till I make some more.

+ i know the register details.
It seems like (and I could be wrong) that you misunderstand how the server works. It's not like a minecraft server; there's no executable. It's basically a website that the game communicates with by sending requests and receiving responses. E.G. the game sends a message to the server saying "hey send me all the levels in the level browser" and the server says "k one sec, here you go". It's written in PHP.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Coming soon..