The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

How To Instantly Bypass The Annoying 10 Minute Launcher Wait!

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

How To Instantly Bypass The Annoying 10 Minute Launcher Wait!

Post by Entity »

So you're pumped to play some levels, or design that new concept that's been brewing in your head all day at school, only to open the launcher and have to wait upwards of 10 minutes just for it to time out and connect.

I've found a way to bypass that. (I've only tested it on Windows with the normal (not dev) version.)

EDIT: Well looks like I'm late to the party, Kroltan and Nin have already posted about this in their thread. Oh well. Well it's here for those who didn't see it :P

The Solution:

Step 1: Create a batch file under your main Atmosphir folder (name it whatever the heck you want, just make sure it ends with .bat):
Step 2: Open the batch file in your favorite text editor , and enter the following, and save:
Step 3: You can close the text editor now (make sure you saved!) and run your batch file.

Atmosphir will immediately open and load in online mode! At least... it worked for me. Post below with your results please?

I don't have access to a mac, but I would assume it's essentially the same process.
Spoiler
This seems to indicate that the launcher isn't doing anything with the OneMoreBlock atmosphir level servers at all. It's probably doing just what it says -- "Checking for Launcher Updates" -- and timing out.

Bypassing this saves a lot of wasted time!
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
LordFinnagin

Post by LordFinnagin »

clap clap

Just two
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

I load it fast.
LordFinnagin

Post by LordFinnagin »

Wazi wrote:I load it fast.
[media=youtube]MQUGQmD0EzU[/media]
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

It loads pretty quick for me, but I'll do this should the need to arise. :P
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

This is actually really useful! If I happen to remember, I'll let Wowfun know - perhaps he will want to add it to the initial install :3 Although, as always repackaging every version is always time consuming :P
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Technically Nin and Kroltan discovered it first (although I discovered it separately). It's one of those Mendeleev/Meyer things if you know what I mean xP
dawings1

Post by dawings1 »

I've made an application for doing this to make it easier for people who are not familiar with batch files (Probably not many, but who knows?)

Just download it and paste it into the directory of your Atmosphir EXE and run it!

https://www.mediafire.com/?cpm52z450doovco
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

So I'm just curious:

You say that you don't think the launcher is doing anything on the OMB server, which makes sense to me as well since if you DO use it, you have to wait for it to time out before it actually connects.

So… on the official server, it DID do something, right? What was it doing? What is your theory as to what is different between the OMB server and the Atmosphir server.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Wowfunhappy wrote:So… on the official server, it DID do something, right? What was it doing? What is your theory as to what is different between the OMB server and the Atmosphir server.
That's actually a good question.

My guess is that it's checking for updates for the launcher/game. Where it's actually checking for updates I don't know, but I suspect it's still trying to connect to the old Atmosphir servers (which no longer exist).
RAMbyteCoder

Post by RAMbyteCoder »

i tried that and it just flashed for a nanosecond: Could not find C:\Program Files\Atmosphir\Atmosphir_Data\Atmosphir.exe standalone

EDIT: it does work with the full dir but it still just launches the normal launcher
EDIT EDIT: it WORKS I JUST HAD TO PUT IT IN A DIFFERENT SPOT! W00T!
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

RAMbyteCoder wrote:i tried that and it just flashed for a nanosecond: Could not find C:\Program Files\Atmosphir\Atmosphir_Data\Atmosphir.exe standalone

EDIT: it does work with the full dir but it still just launches the normal launcher
EDIT EDIT: it WORKS I JUST HAD TO PUT IT IN A DIFFERENT SPOT! W00T!
Great! Glad to hear that :D