The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Raising The Capacity Limit.

General discussion about Atmosphir.
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

Frankly, I don't understand the point of "level" linking, unless it wasn't a linear level. If you're not going back-and-forth between levels, what difference does it make if you have to go to the play browser to get to the next level?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Well, it forces the player to stop and manually search for the next level, and there's nothing stopping him or her from just skipping to the end of a given series of levels.

Also, quite frankly, it clogs up the play browser.
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Well, it forces the player to stop and manually search for the next level, and there's nothing stopping him or her from just skipping to the end of a given series of levels.

Also, quite frankly, it clogs up the play browser.
Eh, can't argue with that.
kroltan
Developer
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by kroltan »

We can implement a crude level linking by using the "suggested levels" list that is shown after you beat a level. How that would be configured, I have no idea.
Nin is the only one that found out how to get the game code working after disassembling
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

kroltan wrote:We can implement a crude level linking by using the "suggested levels" list that is shown after you beat a level. How that would be configured, I have no idea.
Nin is the only one that found out how to get the game code working after disassembling

Oh… that actually sounds really great!

If you can guys can get that working, I don't think raising the capacity limit would be as necessary. Maybe we could still do it a little bit to allow for larger environments, but it wouldn't really be needed.