The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

What Is The Extent To Which We Can Change Atmosphir?

General discussion about Atmosphir.
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

What Is The Extent To Which We Can Change Atmosphir?

Post by TheLastLink »

(I haven't been here a while and haven't been paying full attention so if this was addressed in a different thread just lock this one)

I'd really like to know, exactly how much control over the Atmosphir client do we have? I know that you guys have fixed the search function and the icons, among other things, but on the scale of "Fixing the broken icons in design mode" to "Adding new blocks and giving everyone 100,000 atmos", where exactly do we fall?
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

Anything in the game cannot be changed. Anything relating to the server eg atmos, levels and accounts CAN be changed however.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

If I recall correctly, it essentially boils down to the asset files. Unity is super picky in accepting anything that wasn't included when the original bundle was exported. I am sure updates had a way to modify these files, but from the outside looking in, the game data is pretty locked up.

Although, I am sure the dev team could probably give us a clearer picture of what they are up against :P
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Everything Street and Phantom said is true, but if I remember correctly, Nin (either him or kroltan, I can never seem to remember who said what...) said they'd need the source code to add new content. I think they can technically still do that without it, but it's MUCH harder.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
tta

Post by tta »

What about stuff like adding a new logo or changing the hud?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I feel like I heard something about being able to change the hud, but I've heard nothing with respect to the logo.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

tta wrote:What about stuff like adding a new logo or changing the hud?
I think technically all the art assets would be modifiable, but it is a matter of getting Unity to accept the alterations. However, don't quote me on that. I think the developer team can probably call me out on something I've said here.
St0l3n_ID

Post by St0l3n_ID »

Well its easy to disassemble all the files, but enumerators are problematic, if you want a fully working set of code you have to fix thousands of lines of codes after disassembling.
Value tweaks are easy to do on assembly level (fe. tweaking maximum values of gravety strength or fog density etc)

The blocks etc are a entirely different thing though, i wasnt able to get the actual data out of them completly, but its possible to extract the "proberties" but i dont have a way to repack them in a unity usable format again, but with the information gathered it might be possible to create a empty unity project and just use it as a "bridge" to patch in new content.
I cant see a way to easily modify them as of yet though.