The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

An Action Plan For Atmosphir

General discussion about Atmosphir.
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

An Action Plan For Atmosphir

Post by ThatOneFox »

Okay, I came up with this when discussing some stuff with wowfunhappy. Anyway, I came up with some things that I think need to be done before any other additions are made. Now I know its difficult to balance IRL stuff with developing a server for a dead game, but progress is being made and I thing this is the order in which said progress should be made, for the good of the game and the community. _____________________________________________________________________________ -Finish the new launcher+level browser
this would make OMB much more suited to host atmosphir due to the ability to search for and even launch levels using the website and new launcher (kroltan actually got this working).
-Add the store, atmos, exp and "players club".
This gives a reason for people to actually participate in design competitions, play LOTDs and EXP levels and also (if you hear my upcoming points) a reason to design as well.
I think players club should be awarded to good designers who regularly release quality content for the server. This way it serves as a motivation not only to design levels, but to improve quality.

As for items, I think the players club items should be free to select from the start as they do not have a pricing in atmos, with all the additional clothing and weapons available to purchase with atmos. Atmos should be awarded by the following methods:

"When a user plays regular levels on the Atmosphir play browser, they will receive incentive for playing that level. As a lot of people stated, the amount should be low; around 5 atmos(depending on difficulty). Thus, they can earn up by playing levels, but it would take some time."

"Design competitions will definitely be a thing, as stated from multiple moderators and even our editorial staff. If a user wins 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in any official design competition, they will get prize money. My suggestion for the amounts would be 500 atmos for first; 300 atmos for second; and 100 atmos for third."
taken from:
http://onemoreblock.com/forum/index.php ... -far.1758/
So, what are your thoughts on this?(also almost ran out of space for this in one message XD)
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

have user accounts been made already or are you planning to work on them
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Yeah, I think that having some way for rewarding time and play, as well as giving freedom in the atmostore is important. We don't want to build a toll gate to something for no reason, but I think that managing how much atmos is given out when and where is a great way to give incentive to play.

Although in terms of any sort of schedule, I think that is much more up the ally of what the development team can figure out and when they have the time to do so. I cannot speak for them in that regard.

However, I strongly support this sort of direction!
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

DvChayz wrote:have user accounts been made already or are you planning to work on them
User accounts are working now, but to register for one, you have to login to an account Nin made.

Username: RegisterMe
Password: omb
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Phantomboy wrote:
Although in terms of any sort of schedule, I think that is much more up the ally of what the development team can figure out and when they have the time to do so. I cannot speak for them in that regard.

However, I strongly support this sort of direction!
I never really mentioned a specific time-scale of things, just rather a suggestion of what needs doing first.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

StreetLights wrote:I never really mentioned a specific time-scale of things, just rather a suggestion of what needs doing first.
Yeah, I think I probably worded that poorly :/ Sorry about that. What I mean is, it is sort of unpredictable what is or isn't able to be figured out in a timely manner, so perhaps they might justify skipping a feature to work on something that they may be able to finish. So, I meant that in that way it is kind of hard for us to prioritize their work - but, I am sure they appreciate the input and on top of that, it gets people brainstorming, which I think is super important!
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

2 things: If the Atmos given per level is based on user-rated difficulty, the reward could potentially fluctuate initially, given that players dont always rate the same level with the same difficulty. This would also incentivize people to rate all levels expert, and potentially make copycat accounts to rate it as well, since the security for in-game accounts is non-existent.

I recommend making Atmos based on XP levels. Atmos are awarded to designers who get XP levels, and a small amount (amount depending on the level of course) given to players who complete it.

Speaking of XP levels...

How about the XP-Stratos-Perk system? What are we going to do about that?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

[quote="TheLastLink"][/quote]
Ah, I hadn't thought of that actually. I know that managing exploits would be a thing to think about, not because getting atmos for free is necessarily steeling. Rather, that copy-cat accounts would clutter the server. Plus, yeah - harder = more atmos may lead to some really good easy levels being less attractive to players because of that reword system.. Hmm.. It's worth thinking about!
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

We're just going to have to get some people to do quality assurance for levels, give out XP/LOTW tags for those with sufficient merit, and tie XP/"LOTD" tags to Atmos.

And then we'll have to figure out what we're going to do with Stratos and Perks.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

TheLastLink wrote:And then we'll have to figure out what we're going to do with Stratos and Perks.
Yes, I was honestly wondering about those as well :) I am interested to hear what the development team thinks and what their thoughts on those two rewards are :P
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

I think I'll make a thread about that at some point, but we have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Also in response to the original post, do we have any plans to get Multiplayer/Coop up and running?
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

TheLastLink wrote:do we have any plans to get Multiplayer/Coop up and running?
My understanding is yes, but medium/low priority.
tta

Post by tta »

By club items, do you mean the monthly items (like the Linden helmet) or the items they got when signing up? Also what about other "special requirement" items, like the "BETA" atmosphir t-shirt?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

tta wrote:By club items, do you mean the monthly items (like the Linden helmet) or the items they got when signing up? Also what about other "special requirement" items, like the "BETA" atmosphir t-shirt?
I was honestly wondering about that, perhaps they would be not given out at all or given out to everyone, as we have very little in ways of proving who was part of the beta.
tta

Post by tta »

or you can give it to mods (aka everybody) or long-time memebers, like anyone who's been here since before 2012
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I suppose that could work too :) It's a smaller detail I suppose!
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

or you could give the stuff to everybody, honestly

its not like we have to deal with making money here
tta

Post by tta »

but dude

SO-SHULL STATUSSSSSS, DUDE

its no fun if everyone gets it; everyone has the ghastly gibus, and it's no fun unless you're wearing it ironically
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

In all honesty, if they were to unlock all items to for everyone I don't think it would cause any major negative results. Although I suppose Atmos wouldn't be the reward for design competitions any more, although I suppose they aren't right now anyway.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

What about some premium items can be used as rewards in competitions and featured players/levels stuff along with atmos prize, and the rest of items is purchasable via atmos since this is 100% free.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: