The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

An Action Plan For Atmosphir

General discussion about Atmosphir.
UC101

Post by UC101 »

I think the original shop in atmosphir was WAY to overpriced, such as the cars weapons and clothes.

I think everything should be purchasable but at a lower price
We are anomalous.
We are region.
Forgive and forget.
Expecto patronum.
:?:
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

Honestly, I'm just waiting for someone, ANYONE, on the development team to chime in.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

So as I've said before: I agree with this, BUT I think that all weapons should be free, and I think we should probably get rid of stratos (or at least the perks you can get with them)

Weapons were never even close to being balanced, and since I don't think anyone will be able to meticulously go through and rebalance all of them, I think having them all unlocked to everyone is the best way to go.

Perks are even worse, and I don't think they should be left in the game at all as a result. I mean, seriously, one of them lets you LITERALLY HEAL YOURSELF. This is only sightly unfair in multiplayer, but game breaking in single player. The only thing it requires is that you remain in the same space while your health is being recharged, and there are very few single player levels where you can't find a safe spot to hide in while the perk does it's magic.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

Perks were fantastic in multiplayer though.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

TheLastLink wrote:Perks were fantastic in multiplayer though.
...which we don't have.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

bionicnacho wrote:...which we don't have.
Fair enough.
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

If anybody wants to put their opinion on the formula, please write on the "Thoughts so Far" Thread. I can't track this tread as well as that one, so please go ahead and place your additions in that thread. Thank you!
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Perks should be done away with until multiplayer is a thing again, and if used in single player, we should have the ability to actually TURN THE BLOODY THINGS OFF. Rebalancing of weapons would be nice too, but not really necessary until multiplayer.

Is anyone going to bring up the awful vehicles? Even if free, I think they should be done away with or redone entirely (though actually adding new features is a distant hope). They didn't add anything to the game and just made people angry in a paid state. You couldn't even control the things properly.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

this is off topic but am i the only one who is slightly amused at the thread title

It's an ACTION PLAN guys its like THE EXPENDABLES but for ATMOSPHIR
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.

Post by Baufritz »

Miniike wrote:TURN THE BLOODY THINGS OFF.

You can do that in design mode, it's in the global rules all the way on the bottom if you scroll down.

Also, yes, one free car is definitely neccessary, since some levels cannot be beaten without them. (already stated this in the other thread too.)
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Baufritz wrote:You can do that in design mode, it's in the global rules all the way on the bottom if you scroll down.
It doesn't disable them, it penalizes you for using them.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

I personally think that we should decide to not sell such perks, and have XP & Stratos be the gamerscore of Atmosphir. I don't ever remember a time when I actually wanted perks to begin with.

My thoughts on the cars is to open them all to the general public for free. We'll probably barely have any levels that incorporate cars to begin with, so I don't see any problem with them all being open.
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

To be fair, it actually is possible to turn perks off. But let's be realistic here: Did anyone actually want those?
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

ElectroYoshi wrote: To be fair, it actually is possible to turn perks off.

But let's be realistic here: Did anyone actually want those?

No it's not. All that option does is penalize your high score.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Wowfunhappy wrote:No it's not. All that option does is penalize your high score.

...........Well that's stupid...
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

Come on guys let's not fall off the map on this.

I don't think we should have an atmos/store system that's overcomplicated.

Here's what I think we should do

Every player gets:

-2000 Atmos (I would reccomend at least 2000, but this amount is up for discussion)

-3 of each kind of weapon for free (Which weapons every player should get is also up for discussion)

-All cars for free (not that you should ever ever ever use cars in a level but whatever)

For Atmos Income:

-Atmos is awarded to the author of any award winning level, be it LOTD/LOTW/LOTM or winner/runner up of a design competition

That's it. Nothing too complicated. No "weekly atmos allowance". No "atmos for playing levels". Just some decent perks and incentives for making levels.

Thoughts?

Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

That actually streamlines it quite well!

This might sound a little silly coming from me, but where are we exactly in terms of technology for adding Atmos to the game? I know getting the store working was a topic being discussed a bit back, but I don't currently know where that is at these days, especially with people busy with school/work and stuff.

In terms of Stratos, I actually thought the idea of a perk system was quite a neat thought and while it may break some levels, I think a lot like how levels can be planned around being able to slide along after a ledge hang, perks could probably be worked in similarly :)
tta

Post by tta »

TheLastLink wrote:Come on guys let's not fall off the map on this.

I don't think we should have an atmos/store system that's overcomplicated.

Here's what I think we should do

Every player gets:

-2000 Atmos (I would reccomend at least 2000, but this amount is up for discussion)

-3 of each kind of weapon for free (Which weapons every player should get is also up for discussion)

-All cars for free (not that you should ever ever ever use cars in a level but whatever)

For Atmos Income:

-Atmos is awarded to the author of any award winning level, be it LOTD/LOTW/LOTM or winner/runner up of a design competition

That's it. Nothing too complicated. No "weekly atmos allowance". No "atmos for playing levels". Just some decent perks and incentives for making levels.

Thoughts?
yeh, except then only designers would get atmos. back in atmo's heyday people were actually separated into designer or player, and gained notoriety for being good at either.

ppls who beat lotds/lotws/lotms get 10-20 atmos. increased if it is 1st place
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

tta wrote:yeh, except then only designers would get atmos. back in atmo's heyday people were actually separated into designer or player, and gained notoriety for being good at either.

ppls who beat lotds/lotws/lotms get 10-20 atmos. increased if it is 1st place
You can't keep atmosphir alive by playing levels. Levels don't just make themselves, you know...

...but I digress. 10-20 atmos per tagged level beaten sounds reasonable to me.

although that does incentivize everyone to make easy levels... but hey, i suck at playing levels too so whatever lol