The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Should We Continue Ugc Contests?

General discussion about Atmosphir.
ethanciavo

Should We Continue Ugc Contests?

Post by ethanciavo »

Although I don't expect big content changes coming to atmosphir, I think a user generated content contest every once in a while would be cool. Considering that one of the things we desperately need in this community is well, community, having contests like these would not only extend possibilities for building structures, but also help add spice to this community.

Now, what would the rules of this contest be? Well, I have some ideas.

1. Textures must look good when placed next to other blocks of the same type.
2. Textures must look good when placed next to other blocks of its theme.
3. Textures must be appropriate for all ages, meaning no profane or offensive content.
4. Textures must follow the theme of the contest if a theme is specified.

Before I end this wall of text, I have a few questions to discuss in the comments.

1. Should we bring back UGC?
2. Should UGC be more than just blocks, allowing ideas for props and enemies?
3. Should concept art be allowed as a substitute for actually modeling textures for props and enemies?

Anyways, that's all, so discuss your opinion in the comments!
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Moved to Atmosphir General :)

I think this would need to be, once we've figure out a way of adding content such as that to the game. I am not sure if that is currently in the realm of what the developers can do.

My personal impression is, of course! I would love to see what we can create, down the line we could even think of making our own theme packs - if adding models ever becomes a thing. I could imagine the "Jungle Pack Contest" or "Everyone make the best snow themed items." It could be very very exciting.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I loved these on Atmo, so I'd love to see them here on OMB.

But obviously the devs would first need to find some way of actually making/adding new design content.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
kroltan
Developer
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by kroltan »

Well you can do any kind of contest you want, and possibly when we figure out how to add new things to the game, it may be included. Just set up your judges and have fun!