The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Level Commenting Service

General discussion about Atmosphir.
jr727holst

Level Commenting Service

Post by jr727holst »

I wasn't really very sure where to put this but its here now so I'd better get on with it. I've been looking at the play browser and seeing what levels have been made and how often, and how much they are played (number of people in the leader-boards ) and how much they are commented on. The rate is quite good and so is activity but I thought it could be better. I'm NOT complaining, I was just thinking I'd create a little service. [indent][/indent] The idea is that you create a level and post its name in the comments below and I'd do my best to play the level and just write a comment about it. As a level maker what makes me want to design more is people playing my levels and even more so if they comment, I thought others may feel similarly and so I decided to do this. I'd write a little about what I like in the level and what improvements I'd suggest. I'm not claiming to have perfect knowledge of what is needed in every level, but I'd just give my opinion because if I'd made the level thats what I'd want in a comment. [indent][/indent] Anyway there it is. The level must be completable/losable so a comment is possible (if I can't beat it and I have infinite lives & time I can't comment because I can't win or lose, I just have to quit) I don't know how much this will be used if at all but I can't promise to be able to do every request given to me but I'll do my best. [indent][/indent] Thanks for reading [indent][/indent] Jr727holst [indent][/indent] (I hope this is in the right topic/section)
papaya
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by papaya »

why not just do reviews like SirWrek does? You say in your signature that you comment on every level to play anyway so is this not just a thread where we say 'please play my level'
jr727holst

Post by jr727holst »

The point is I'd hope this would encourage people to make more levels and I don't have the time or skill to write a full worthwhile review. Also if someone asks me to play their level here it shows that they want the feedback and it is more likely that they tried to make their level as good as they could and so I would be able to focus on specific levels and provide feedback to a level maker who wanted it.