The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[updated] Atmosphir, Let's Start The Revolution Again.

General discussion about Atmosphir.

Do you have drafts from Atmosphir?

Yes
55%
No
28%
This is not a real choice
17%

Total votes: 29

Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I'm not sure if I am reaching into 'forbidden territory' when I suggest this but regardless, I know that the unity platform is pretty secure but the old engine, IE; 1.5's code is quite open for positive modifications. Is there any way we can edit Atmosphir so that it looks towards a different server for its users and levels? We would have to figure out what the old server side of Atmosphir's level browser held but in theory we could create a patch for the game that is linked to a new server. I know this is really stretching and is likely impossible but if I recall people have done revisions Broadcast Satellite Zelda games to have them correctly operate without their original intended broadcast.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

@Phantomboy if anyone can crack it, it would be amazing! I would encourage it! Until that happens, we will have to sort out levels manually.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Nazmus wrote:@Phantomboy if anyone can crack it, it would be amazing! I would encourage it! Until that happens, we will have to sort out levels manually.
Yeah, I would need to learn a lot to do any thing of that sort, but as you said until then we can still have fun with our levels. Let me know when I can download 1.5- the version I have seems to be kind of messed up. Also, I give you the biggest hug for all of you effort on this :)
Mr Meow Meow

Post by Mr Meow Meow »

Nazmus wrote:Okay; in that case, I will be working on a site. I will include the download link for Atmosphir itself (Windows version. I don't have the mac version yet.) If you wish to send me your drafts, I will upload them and add some screenshots (if you provide them), description and a download link to your draft. That way, anybody can download your levels!

Or, you can also post your drafts on this forum. I will check periodically and add them to the site.

The reason I am making a dedicated site is because finding levels in a forum is hard because it gets buried. On the site, levels can be presented more neatly, and maybe even with categories!
Can I see the website or the draft of it? I would like to start typing the homepage and stuff (not code; the message). I can also come up with a trailer.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

@Phantomboy download it from here: http://onemoreblock.com/forum/index.php ... sphir.272/

@Mr Meow feel free to write a "Homepage message" I can easily copy and paste it on the site. I will have the site up and live soon. I'll let you know when that happens. :-)
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Update: Oh, well, that thread is gone. I'll update the download link on the website. You can get it pretty soon! :-)
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

For the sake of consistency, wait until I upload my copy, okay?

It's somewhat silly, but I spent the whole day working on it (testing on different computers to ensure that everything was clean and working, etc) and I want to make sure everyone has a consistent package. It won't take much longer.

For the record: I fully encourage modding the game in whatever way you're able. It won't hurt anyone, as no one is making money off of Atmosphir anymore.

However, you don't HAVE to modify Atmosphir to make it look for a different server. You can just edit your computers hosts file to redirect it somewhere. HOWEVER you have to set up a server with a database that the game will accept. If anyone knows how to do that, it would be AWESOME. We on OneMoreBlock could easily provide hosting, as could Nazmus if he so desires.

Also, posting threads may be finicky for a little while while I update the site (to allow people to attatch .atmo files). Sorry if something gets deleted.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

@Wowfunhappy Alright then. I'll see what you have in store. In fact, this entire thing is a coincidence. Kitty, Kroltan, and I were having a G+ chat that randomly drifted to Atmosphir. We decided to host drafts. The funny thing is, you decided to open up the Atmosphir server on the SAME day.

I'll see what you have, and if you already have something planned for hosting levels, I won't do it because why reinvent the wheel. (I may host a backup site if one goes down. I said may. Not sure yet. I'll wait and see what we get.)

Oh, and if anyone actually wants to build levels using Atmosphir, I'll still leave up my Dropbox link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4243212/Voxelus/Atmosphir.zip
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Nazmus wrote:@Wowfunhappy Alright then. I'll see what you have in store.
Erm, I hope you weren't expecting too much, as this is pretty much the extent of it.

I'm sure it's less fancy than what you were setting up... please don't let me stop any projects, I'd love to see a nice rating system and interface for browsing levels.
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

Maybe we could ask Pizzaboy if he could do some modifying. I know he's broken into the games code before and edited it... if anyone has him as a contact you should ask him about it.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

I will get all my drafts together for you guys. The one thing I can't do is log in to customize my character, but oh well.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

EyceKubes wrote:Maybe we could ask Pizzaboy if he could do some modifying. I know he's broken into the games code before and edited it... if anyone has him as a contact you should ask him about it.
He's around. I've talked to him about it before. He has no idea how you'd set up a server...

Again, we don't actually need to hack the game. We just need to set up a server that functions the same way Minor Studios's did. Once that's set up, anyone can edit their computer's hosts file to redirect the game to the new server.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I would love to see a revival of Atmosphir, so I'll be supportive as far as you guys pulling this off. Unfortunately, I don't have a laptop, I have to use my iPod to come on here, so I'm pretty much worthless contribution wise. :/
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Wowfunhappy wrote:He's around. I've talked to him about it before. He has no idea how you'd set up a server...

Again, we don't actually need to hack the game. We just need to set up a server that functions the same way Minor Studios's did. Once that's set up, anyone can edit their computer's hosts file to redirect the game to the new server.
My thoughts exactly! :)
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

I have nothing, all of it was lost on the HDD that died the same time Atmosphir did. :(
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Man I wish we had the technology to convert the old pre-stratosphir to readable drafts, I'm pretty sure I have a thumb drive somewhere that has quite a few drafts on it, upwards into the thirty's or so. Man, I need to look around for that- see if it's even worth the trouble.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

I have drafts in my old computer.

I even have the beta version of Bizzy's Checkboard level and wrote a LOTD-for-a-day review for it (and it was selected too). I plan to upload my incomplete version of my levels especially the last two levels that you guys never had chance to play.

I just also wish we can upload on a level server once again, but it might take some time to set up.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Mr Meow Meow

Post by Mr Meow Meow »

freekboy31 wrote:I have drafts in my old computer.

I even have the beta version of Bizzy's Checkboard level and wrote a LOTD-for-a-day review for it (and it was selected too). I plan to upload my incomplete version of my levels especially the last two levels that you guys never had chance to play.

I just also wish we can upload on a level server once again, but it might take some time to set up.
Okay... Thanks
SerPo

Post by SerPo »

Miniike wrote:I wish I had drafts...
Yeah, same here. :/
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

SerPo wrote:Yeah, same here. :/
We both don't have drafts? Oh my gosh...
We must be connected somehow! We must be siblings separated at birth, you ended up in Germany, and some guy cursed us to never have our atmosphir drafts, and-

Or maybe it just means we don't have drafts.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb: