The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[OLD] Download Atmosphir!

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

[OLD] Download Atmosphir!

Post by Wowfunhappy »

! Message from: bionicnacho
New thread! Click here to download Atmosphir.
Here are working copies of the Unity version of Atmosphir for both Windows and Mac computers. It's set up to connect to OneMoreBlock's custom Atmosphir server, although offline mode will work fine as well.

Download it for Windows or Mac!

(You can also download older, pre-Unity versions of Atmosphir here.)
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

It's sooo nice that you included popular levels! I missed them! I didn't expect it! Thanks!!!
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Haha, I started saving levels this past spring, once it became clear that Atmosphir's days were numbered.

I wish I'd been able to save more... I could only download unlocked levels, which a lot of designers didn't release. Even worse, a bug caused many levels that I am sure were originally unlocked (for example, many of OkaySamurai's levels) to appear locked anyway :/

I saved what I could, and contacted a few of the designers directly... check the credits file in the drafts folder. Obviously, if anyone has other levels they'd like to share, you should make a topic for them here!
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

I wanted to do the same thing. I knew the site would go down, but I had put of collecting levels for "tomorrow". I got too lazy, and when the site went down, I regretted not doing this. Your collecting of the level is such a relief that I can't explain it enough.

I will be playing them for nostalgia. I am also looking forward to seeing the others draft posts on the forum to add to my collection.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Its a shame there isn't any way to create a self hosted Atmosphir server.
Magmar

Post by Magmar »

Okay I've downloaded the folder but it says the "Compressed (zipped) folder C:\Users\MyName\Downloads\AtmosphirCollection.zip is invalid."

I'm not too computer savvy, so.. halp?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

It may have not downloaded fully or correctly. Is the file 639 MB? If not (or possibly even if yes), try downloading again.
Lysander789

Post by Lysander789 »

It's awesome you got the level drafts. Loads of nostalgia are flowing in my head right now. By the way, are you gonna upload your "In Vengeance of Love" and sequel drafts? IVOL is a real masterpiece in my opinion.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

It's in the collection.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

By the way, wowfunhappy. I noticed that the Windows version you provided has a major bug in design mode in which you cannot see the thumbnails for blocks you wish to place. The version I have doesn't have the bug. you can clearly see the thumbnails on the design mode. I only have the Windows version, however.

The version I have is also a newer version of Atmosphir (Windows version). Wowfunhappy has version 1.1.0.1 while I have 1.1.0.3. To check it and see how they work.
You can download it and test it yourself. Maybe the bug is only for me. Do check it and see if the bug exists for you.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4243212/Voxelus/Atmosphir.zip
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

YES!

Thank you. I was also noticing that bug... it only happens on certain computers, but it's annoying when it does. Your version doesn't seem to have it on any computer.

The Mac version doesn't have the bug at all, so this will fix everything.

(I'll also update the download link)
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

The download link has been updated, re-download! Thanks!
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Glad you updated it. The version I had was the final update to Atmosphir that MiSt made that was not broken. Future updates to the game messed everything up. Thus, version 1.1.0.3 is the latest version of Atmosphir. If anyone has a newer version that works, feel free to share it. I would love to see a more bug free Atmosphir.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

The odd thing is, for me, it was version 1.1.0.3 that started messing stuff up, hence why I used 1.1.0.1 for the Windows copy (the Mac version was always 1.1.0.3 because it worked fine).

For whatever reason, Nazmus's version of 1.1.0.3 was fine, AND the icons show up in design mode on all computers. I spent an entire day trying to figure out what the heck was causing that to happen. And I still don't know! Nazmus's copy is awesome.
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

Maybe when I get Wi-fi for my computer, then I can design a few levels.
(I wish there was a way to still play multiplayer. :c)
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Wazi wrote:Maybe when I get Wi-fi for my computer, then I can design a few levels.
(I wish there was a way to still play multiplayer. :c)
You don't need an Internet connection to play Atmosphir. You can play offline.
Dran

Post by Dran »

Nazmus wrote:You don't need an Internet connection to play Atmosphir. You can play offline.
I believe he means to download atmosphir to his computer.

Also, I was about to get my old computer with the broken GPU but then I realized something: The only map I made was designed for multiplayer and not single player in any way.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

I can't wait to play again! Thanks for all you guys have done!
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Newah

Post by Newah »

I don't know why, but the download has been suddenly stopping for me. I can't get it through.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

On Windows or Mac? The downloads work perfectly for me. That said, I could mirror it on mediafire or google drive...

Edit: Uploading a copy to Google Drive. Having a backup is probably good practice anyway.

Edit2: Mirror up. That should fix the problem Newah.