The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[OLD] Download Atmosphir!

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

We recently upgraded our internet, but I was getting a measly 100kb/s when I downloaded it :P

I have a personal website that I don't really use for anything, I'd be more than happy to provide a download mirror, if you decide that's necessary :)
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Newah

Post by Newah »

Wowfunhappy wrote: :(

OneMoreBlock's servers aren't going to provide Google-class speeds (Can't exactly afford that :P ), but the downloads works fine for me.

Keep retrying. The problem with setting up mirrors is that when I need to update something, changing all of the individual sources is a pain (Other people setting up their own mirrors makes things even more confusing). I should probably do it though if people are still unable to download the game.
I'm sure you guys are doing your best, don't worry. (sorry if I sounded really whiny) :P My problem isn't really the speeds, rather it's that it just stops at a certain point. I tried it with Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, but all of them stop at a random point. I can't imagine it's something on my side, because everything else is working perfectly.
Entity wrote:We recently upgraded our internet, but I was getting a measly 100kb/s when I downloaded it :P

I have a personal website that I don't really use for anything, I'd be more than happy to provide a download mirror, if you decide that's necessary :)
If it wouldn't be too much trouble, that would be great Entity! Of course, don't go out of your way, but I'm not finding any way to get the download finished currently.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Please don't host stuff yourself so that all links will point to the updated version if I ever need to make changes, although feel free to help each other out privately in PM's.

I'll try to get a Google Drive link up soon. In the mean time it really sucks that 1and1 is being such a pain, although there's not a ton I can do since I can't replicate the issue. The download completes in five minutes for me :(
Newah

Post by Newah »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Please don't host stuff yourself so that all links will point to the updated version if I ever need to make changes, although feel free to help each other out privately in PM's.

I'll try to get a Google Drive link up soon. In the mean time it really sucks that 1and1 is being such a pain, although there's not a ton I can do since I can't replicate the issue. The download completes in five minutes for me :(

Alright, well no rush. I've tried over and over now, but I'll keep trying every once in a while. :P Thanks for trying!
UC101

Post by UC101 »

Soccerstar wrote:I downloaded the Mac Atmosphir collection as well as the developer build, and now they're sitting on my desktop as .zip files. Whenever I click on them to unzip them, however, Evernote opens and creates a .cpgz file. Then when I double click that, it turns into AtmosphirCollectionMac2.zip or AtmosphirDev2.zip. What am I doing wrong?! LOL, someone help me please. :P
right click on the file goto open with and choose archive utility
Phantomboy wrote:Those do sound cool, although once again it believe it will be a challenge to change even just the logos. Not necessarily designing them but Unity seems generally pretty picky about accepting things that weren't included in the original bundle. Perhaps if we reach the point of allowing the creation of custom content a naming scheme like that for the mod packs would be plausible. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though - that still seems a ways off.
mod packs would be awesome, but like you said along ways away.
Anyone else (like me -.-) who tried to program a modding API knows that its hell..
We are anomalous.
We are region.
Forgive and forget.
Expecto patronum.
:?:
kireocmer

Post by kireocmer »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Here are working copies of the Unity version of Atmosphir for both Windows and Mac computers. It's set up to connect to OneMoreBlock's custom Atmosphir server, although offline mode will work fine as well.

Download it for Windows or Mac!

(Want to explore all the unreleased features? Try the Dev Version! Older versions of the game are also available here! You can also download older, pre-Unity versions of Atmosphir here.)
How do I get start-icon on my desktop in windows,after downloading and unzipp with winrar
I can play and design and save,but after closing the program I have to unzipp again to play!!!
pls help
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

kireocmer wrote:How do I get start-icon on my desktop in windows,after downloading and unzipp with winrar
I can play and design and save,but after closing the program I have to unzipp again to play!!!
pls help
Extract it to a folder on your computer. I recommend you using a program like WinRAR for Windows (free), or the built-in Archive Utility on Mac OS.
kireocmer

Post by kireocmer »

kroltan wrote:Extract it to a folder on your computer. I recommend you using a program like WinRAR for Windows (free), or the built-in Archive Utility on Mac OS.
Tanks it worked!!
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

You're welcome! Glad that you joined us!
kireocmer

Post by kireocmer »

Hi all
Thanks for welcoming me.May be you noticed that I am 72 years old,but played with commodore 64 when It came out,together with my now 44 years old son.After that I got the amiga with 15 cm high bunch of books,how to program.
Lot of fun But only programming Basic for the bussines of the family.Used the program for 15 years,before everything was brought into a desktop/cash combination.After that played and created with Spore etc.
Then there was GamGlobe I played for 18 months,before it stopped.Discovered Project spark but no windows 8.
used some voxel-creators,and happened to find movies about Atmosphir and after some digging around I saw I was to late.
One of the Gameglobe friends wrote on steam that he saw the wiki about that game and a kind of revival.
Ok.That's why i am here now.
Everything is working fine and the create engine is a very smooth operatin one.(Made in unity 3D,I have Unity .4 on the comp.

I have a few questions:
1. the registration now solved after looking around on the forum.
2. I can not try a race circuit or game because I bought no car.
3. If you want to make a new decorationblock in what program should you advise to create?(When it is possible ofcourse)
4.Are there only hobby - programmer working on it?
For now I am glad to do some experiments.
Hope to hear from you
kireocmer
kroltan wrote:You're welcome! Glad that you joined us!
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

kireocmer wrote:Hi all
Thanks for welcoming me.May be you noticed that I am 72 years old,but played with commodore 64 when It came out,together with my now 44 years old son.After that I got the amiga with 15 cm high bunch of books,how to program.
Lot of fun But only programming Basic for the bussines of the family.Used the program for 15 years,before everything was brought into a desktop/cash combination.After that played and created with Spore etc.
Then there was GamGlobe I played for 18 months,before it stopped.Discovered Project spark but no windows 8.
used some voxel-creators,and happened to find movies about Atmosphir and after some digging around I saw I was to late.
One of the Gameglobe friends wrote on steam that he saw the wiki about that game and a kind of revival.
Everything is working fine and the create engine is a very smooth operatin one.(Made in unity 3D,I have Unity .4 on the comp.

I have a few questions:
3. If you want to make a new decorationblock in what program should you advise to create?(When it is possible ofcourse)
Hope to hear from you
kireocmer
Interesting story :P Nonetheless, welcome.

1. Not really a question but, great!
2. Yeah, that's still not possible until the store is set up. Bear with us.
3. I'm not sure if adding new blocks or props will EVER be possible considering we don't have access to the actual game. Regardless, if it was somehow possible, Photoshop or Gimp would be a good option for creating a simple texture for a block.
4. Yes. The server is being developed on free time.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

kireocmer wrote:Hi all

I have a few questions:
3. If you want to make a new decoration block in what program should you advise to create? (When it is possible of course)
Hope to hear from you
kireocmer
First of all, it's interesting to have users of your age playing the game! I hope you find it very pleasing to play! And don't be disgusted by the people in the "Pigflags" section of the forum...
Regarding your questions, I'd like to give a little more information:
1. Yes, registration is a great hassle, but I believe it's more comfortable than filling a form on a web page.
2. All race circuits that are uploaded to the play browser (as of the time of this posting) are designed to be played without cars (just running around barefoot), since we still not have the knowledge on how to add items to the shop (and when we figure it out, all items will be buy-able with in-game money, with no real money costs).
3. Unfortunately, unless we succeed to contact the game's original developers (Minor Studios) and convince them to give us the source code for the game, we will be stuck with the current content only, except for things controlled by the server. But in the unlikely event that we do get access, we would build a API to program behaviours (in C#, UnityScript or Boo, just like plain Unity) and modelling could be done by any tool that exports in a format compatible with the game (probably FBX). Textures would be created with anything you want, from MSPaint to Photoshop. But, just to remember, we don't have access to the game's source, and all of this is hypothetical.
4. Well, we (Nin, Entityand I) are all programmers in different stages of education, and we try to conciliate working on this project with work and school, so unfortunately we can't provide regular updates or even news about development, but I guarantee we are doing our best to revive this game fully! This forum (onemoreblock.com) and the server's hosting is courtesy of Wowfunhappyand all moderators. Nin is the guy who had the idea and initiative to create a custom server to the game, later joined by me, a old Atmosphir player, and then Entity just joined us. Nin and Entity work on the server whilst I work on the custom launcher (You might have noticed the current one takes ages to start the game).
Atmoslink

Post by Atmoslink »

Younglink here! I have since moved on to using Atmoslink on everything since Younglink is always taken. Some things you might remember from me are Atmosphir Teams, Race Through The Worlds, and AMP: Atmosphir Map Pack. I was a member of the site since the beginning, and a moderator for quite some time.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

[quote="Atmoslink"][/quote]
Welcome back!

I remember you so, so very well! I think we talked on a few occasions, so it is great to have you back :) We have a welcome thread here, if you like as well!
Magmar

Post by Magmar »

So I have downloaded the "AtmosphirWin" thing from the link. What do I do from here?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Magmar wrote:So I have downloaded the "AtmosphirWin" thing from the link. What do I do from here?
Open the AtmosphirWin folder. Open the Atmosphir folder from there, and you should find the game in that folder.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Magmar

Post by Magmar »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Open the AtmosphirWin folder. Open the Atmosphir folder from there, and you should find the game in that folder.

I just downloaded, so it says it recommends me to extract all files. It gives me the choices Extract All, Run, or Cancel. I've tried Run and it says There should be "Atmosphir_Data" folder next to the executable. So should I Extract All? I apologize for my horrible computer knowledge. ;-)
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Magmar wrote:I just downloaded, so it says it recommends me to extract all files. It gives me the choices Extract All, Run, or Cancel. I've tried Run and it says There should be "Atmosphir_Data" folder next to the executable. So should I Extract All? I apologize for my horrible computer knowledge. ;-)

Don't feel bad, mine isn't a ton better. :P

Anyway, just extract all. Sorry, probably should've mentioned that in my last post.
Magmar

Post by Magmar »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Don't feel bad, mine isn't a ton better. :P

Anyway, just extract all. Sorry, probably should've mentioned that in my last post.

Haha thanks dawg. Hopefully my computer can run this game. I really want to get back into it, mostly because this community is still around and we actually have a proper game rather than what it was almost a year ago.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Magmar wrote:Haha thanks dawg. Hopefully my computer can run this game. I really want to get back into it, mostly because this community is still around and we actually have a proper game rather than what it was almost a year ago.

Agreed. This is exactly how I felt when the server got up and running.

Also, you can register for an actual account now. I dunno if you knew that or not, but if you didn't, hit the spoiler for the login information.
Spoiler
Username: RegisterMe
Password: omb