The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[OLD] Download Atmosphir!

General discussion about Atmosphir.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

This has really been helping improve my mood. I kind of took an emotional downfall when the game died.
Funnel

Post by Funnel »

Hey guys... anyone remember me? (Plasticfunnel back in the days)
Funnel

Post by Funnel »

I think I still have all my levels in the draft folder. I'll add them up once the download finishes :o
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

Funnel wrote:Hey guys... anyone remember me? (Plasticfunnel back in the days)
Yes.
Arcadia

Post by Arcadia »

W-Wait...Atmosphir...Custom...Server!?
...There IS a God...!

All joking aside, this is a commendable effort...but why not call the revived game as something like Atmosphir Neo? Y'know, to identify it as the post-MiSt Atmosphir that runs on the custom server? Though I have to say, I am impressed.

I would personally like the ability to upload custom BGMs with the levels once users can. Would that be possible under the revival once it is fully underway?
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Arcadia wrote: I would personally like the ability to upload custom BGMs with the levels once users can. Would that be possible under the revival once it is fully underway?
Nin may be able to mod Atmosphir so it can do that, but Im not him, so I'm not gonn promise anything...
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Arcadia wrote: All joking aside, this is a commendable effort...but why not call the revived game as something like Atmosphir Neo? Y'know, to identify it as the post-MiSt Atmosphir that runs on the custom server? Though I have to say, I am impressed.
You know, I never really thought of that - but a subtitle would be pretty cool. Perhaps putting on one of the concept Atmosphir names to it; like Adventr or something. Worth some thought - although actually editing all in-game text to say that would be a chore.. and I am not even sure if it is possible.
austin5141

Post by austin5141 »

Thanks :D I never got to play atmosphir. I finally get to play it! I am downloading it right now.
DerekItoldu

Post by DerekItoldu »

There should be 'Atmosphir_Data'
folder next to the executable

i keep getting this when i am trying to run the exe file
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

Please tell me you can make this compatible for Windows 8... It won't work on my computer.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Flameforlife wrote:Please tell me you can make this compatible for Windows 8... It won't work on my computer.

My laptop runs on Windows 8, and the download worked fine for me...does there seem to be anything else in the way, by any chance?

On a side note, I remember you from Atmosphir. Welcome back, Percy1475. :3
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Arcadia

Post by Arcadia »

Phantomboy wrote:You know, I never really thought of that - but a subtitle would be pretty cool. Perhaps putting on one of the concept Atmosphir names to it; like Adventr or something. Worth some thought - although actually editing all in-game text to say that would be a chore.. and I am not even sure if it is possible.
Eh? Those names were concepts for a reason, I think...but all we need to do is mod the logo to say what we want. We can still refer to it as Atmosphir outside that if it proves too much a chore--just ANYTHING to separate it from the Minor Studios days.

Looking back, Atmosphir Neo sounded a bit...basic to me.

Atmosphir NEO for the whole of the project (I still have attachment despite its basicness.), Atmosphir NEXT for the dev channels, Atmosphir DASH for the public channels. How do those sound? I could even make the updated logos. All I need is Paint and the original~
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Arcadia wrote:Eh? Those names were concepts for a reason, I think...but all we need to do is mod the logo to say what we want. We can still refer to it as Atmosphir outside that if it proves too much a chore--just ANYTHING to separate it from the Minor Studios days.

Looking back, Atmosphir Neo sounded a bit...basic to me.

Atmosphir NEO for the whole of the project (I still have attachment despite its basicness.), Atmosphir NEXT for the dev channels, Atmosphir DASH for the public channels. How do those sound? I could even make the updated logos. All I need is Paint and the original~
Those do sound cool, although once again it believe it will be a challenge to change even just the logos. Not necessarily designing them but Unity seems generally pretty picky about accepting things that weren't included in the original bundle. Perhaps if we reach the point of allowing the creation of custom content a naming scheme like that for the mod packs would be plausible. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though - that still seems a ways off.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

ElectroYoshi wrote:My laptop runs on Windows 8, and the download worked fine for me...does there seem to be anything else in the way, by any chance?

On a side note, I remember you from Atmosphir. Welcome back, Percy1475. :3
Thanks for welcoming me back! But yeah, whenever I try to run it, it says This app can't be run on this PC or something. I'll re-download it then try. Thanks.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

Well what do you know. I just HAD to be the idiot who forgot to download Unity. Of course. xD
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Downloading Unity shouldn't have anything to do with it... make sure you give the file permission to run. On Windows 8, when you get the message saying it can't be run, look for and click the little arrow. More options will pop up.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Downloading Unity shouldn't have anything to do with it... make sure you give the file permission to run. On Windows 8, when you get the message saying it can't be run, look for and click the little arrow. More options will pop up.
Thanks, I'll try that. But am I just supposed to have a Atmosphir.exe file? It downloaded with WinRAR for some reason, is that okay?
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

Okay I'm not really tech savvy so could someone be a huge pal and just tell me how to do it?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Please follow all of the instructions in this thread to extract the zip file.
FallenDojo

Post by FallenDojo »

Hey guys, I thought Atmosphir was gone already so I tried to forget about it. But I've been searching around and found this page. Well, basic introduction. Old username: rouyu2009 *EVERYTHING ELSE IS CLASSIFIED*

-Thanks for nothing,
FallenDojo (rouyu2009)