The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

About Custom Atmosphir Servers

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Please don't contact anyone from Minor Ventures/Studios asking about the game. It would be best to not involve them at all.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Very true, from what I remember Dave was always pretty accepting with modifications and such so long as it didn't interfere with other users but I doubt that the others would be as thrilled..
boss

Post by boss »

It was just a suggestion. It's not like we need to involve them, I just figured it'd be worth asking for the sake of levels that were unable to be backed up.

and yeah, Dave was always pretty lax about that kind of stuff. I know he wasn't a developer, but has anyone talked to him about this yet?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

boss wrote:It was just a suggestion. It's not like we need to involve them, I just figured it'd be worth asking for the sake of levels that were unable to be backed up.

and yeah, Dave was always pretty lax about that kind of stuff. I know he wasn't a developer, but has anyone talked to him about this yet?
No, I still have him on my Xbox friends list, although I haven't played with him for about two years now. It seems kind of odd to let him know- beings I don't know what his reaction to it might be.. I mean he was relaxed about texture packs and generally low modifications, what we have been suggesting is kind of major as it is taking minor studios out of the equation.
boss

Post by boss »

I would actually think he'd find it cool. Atmosphir was his idea to begin with, so to see that there's a budding community and a dedicated (if fleeting) fanbase surrounding that idea would be nice to hear about. That's how I'd feel If I were Dave, anyway.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Dave Would be more than okay with it. Besides, he doesn't work for mist. He works at Adobe. However, I wanted this to be a surprise. If Atmosphir can be revived, then I would want to let him know. He would love to see that one of his dreams still lives. However, this hasn't happened yet.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

I wonder if you try to redirect the levels link to your Dropbox link. It's going to be fun.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I don't want to overload the super small server Nin is testing with, but this really made me smile:

bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Stuff... Image... blah blah blah
O.o

How come you get to use it? :(
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Eventually, I'm going to be hosting the server, so I've been in contact with him.

I didn't mean to show off or anything, I just think this is super exciting!!!
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

But.. what about the game's bugs? can we do anything about that?
They would have to recompile it in unity, no?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Correct. This isn't doing anything to actually change Atmosphir, it's just a custom server.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Correct. This isn't doing anything to actually change Atmosphir, it's just a custom server.
Oh, ok

still cool.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

bionicnacho wrote:But.. what about the game's bugs? can we do anything about that?
They would have to recompile it in unity, no?
I believe we have the most bug free version of Atmosphir. The version Nin is using was a backup version of Atmosphir I created before bugs plagued the game.

But this is awesome Wowfunhappy! Nin is the man. Oh and nice to see you being humble, but don't worry about "showing off" because we need you to have access so you can set up a server. Also, more screenshots the better. It helps bring the mood up. Did Nin get to enable user account creation yet?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Nazmus wrote:Did Nin get to enable user account creation yet?
No, he hasn't gotten that working yet. Right now, all you can do is view the play browser as a guest, and play Cosa Plains 1-1 (the one level he uploaded to test with).
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Nazmus wrote:I believe we have the most bug free version of Atmosphir. The version Nin is using was a backup version of Atmosphir I created before bugs plagued the game.
So, its not the latest Atmosphir version?
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

bionicnacho wrote:So, its not the latest Atmosphir version?
Yes it the latest. The bugs that resulted was due to major screw ups. The site reverted back 7 months, and it caused serious issues with the game. The version I provided was from before all that happen, so you can be sure that the site mess ups didn't affect that version
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Ahh ok. I got it now.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Eventually, I'm going to be hosting the server, so I've been in contact with him.

I didn't mean to show off or anything, I just think this is super exciting!!!
I must agree it is very exciting! :D
boss

Post by boss »

When you guys completely understand the file structure of the server, you should make that public knowledge. Just sayin' ;) .