The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir Source Code

General discussion about Atmosphir.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Atmosphir Source Code

Post by bionicnacho »

Hey!

I recently decompiled the atmo Assembly-CSharp.dll and I thought I'd post it here in case someone wants to see it or rebuilt it or whatever.
It's all written in C#, and keep in mind you'll need references to UnityEngine.dll and Photon's .dll

Apparently some stuff doesn't recompile properly, though, so yeah...

Download: https://mega.nz/#!O4s0WI6b!hn9JczmDjgsb ... GF0OHS4na0
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Re: Atmosphir Source Code

Post by Entity »

We've decompiled the source before, but no decompiler is able to decompile it completely due to some anomalies in the Unity compiler. There's hundreds of little segments of code that are missing, so it's, unfortunately, practically impossible to recompile the whole binary.

Do you have any plans for the source?
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Yeah I know it's been done, just wanted to post it here un case someone wants to try and do anything or if they're curious and dont want to have to download an extractor or something.

I have actually managed to edit and recompile though through .Net Reflector, with the Reflectil add-on if anyone wants to experiment with that.There's quite a bit of stuff you can change.

I've personally just been trying to see how the gane connects to things. I changed the code to point to a local photon server and I see it tries to connect but the server actually denies it, not sure why.

There was a discussion in discord recently about the way atmo did multiplayer, if it was p2p or whatever. So I just gave it a shot, but when the client tries to connect the server throws an exception.

The game uses the "Lite" app ID for Photon which comes with the OnPremise Photon server (the one you can download and run on your machine), and that's what I set it to connect to but I can't really tell why exactly it isn't working.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Oh, that's interesting. I was working on getting multiplayer working for about a month straight. The open game matches are stored in the online database, but I was never able to get it working. I could display (fake) matches, but not create a new one. Never did try anything with Photon.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Entity wrote:Oh, that's interesting. I was working on getting multiplayer working for about a month straight. The open game matches are stored in the online database, but I was never able to get it working. I could display (fake) matches, but not create a new one. Never did try anything with Photon.
What did you do to display the fake matches? Create one ples?