The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[Server Dev] This Week in Review - 1/16/2016

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

[Server Dev] This Week in Review - 1/16/2016

Post by Entity »

Server Development Update
January 16th, 2016

It's been a great week for Atmosphir! Unless you've been constantly checking #atmosphir-revival in the OneMoreBlock Discord chat, there's a good chance you missed something, so this thread is to get everyone up to date.

Nacho, Kroltan and I have been working on the following:
  • Fixed XP levels.
  • Properly implemented atmos/stratos.
  • Beating LOTD and XP levels can give you atmos/XP (although this is currently switched off until we get the store working).
  • Fixed up a lot of leaderboard issues, seems to be working normally now.
  • Play counter works properly now.
  • Win/loss/abandon markers work properly now.
  • Difficulty/Ratings bug fixes. (Ratings no longer show up as CRAZY LONG DECIMALS)
  • Leaderboard scores of 0 now show up.
And shout outs to Seb, Zero, Liam Newman and Flynn for popping in and discussing.

Nacho has done a ton of work on the store, and kroltan has helped a lot with the items too. Give 'em some love.

Nacho set up atmos/stratos/xp, and item purchasing is technically working... and we've made a lot of progress on the store, BUT it still seems like we still have a ways to go. We have the list of asset names, however we don't know the IDs for each asset. Unless you have a proper ID, the asset won't display in the store and have the correct price. We're contacting a previous atmosphir dev in the hopes that we can get some help, but if not we'll keep hammering away...

But tl;dr, you can expect a much smoother playbrowser experience from now on, and progress is being made on the store.

And now for some development shenanigans:

Unity being dumb

Kroltan's WIP Launcher

Kroltan accidentally did a thing

Trying to link a non existent item does weird things***Neither OneMoreBlock nor the developers of troposphir condone the use of illegal drugs.

Ban hammer? I think yes.

Ever wanted to know what it feels like to buy every single item in the store all at once? It was pretty great.***Please do not participate in the usage of illegal drugs at any time, especially not on a daily basis.

We found some unreleased wearables... Part 1 Part 2

EDIT: Apparently the spoilers break if you have more than one. Had to put all the images in links instead.
matthewbny

Re: [Server Dev] This Week in Review - 1/16/2016

Post by matthewbny »

Are you able (and if so, planning) on releasing the unreleased wearables?
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

I don't know, I personally don't really want to. The majority of them have no textures (and are blindingly pink), and the others don't really fit in with the theme of Atmosphir (sort of like the guns and cars).

As far as it being possible, I'd say probably yes. If we can get the rest of the store working, I don't think it should be too hard to get them working in game. We'd probably exclude the ones with broken textures, and we'd have to make thumbnails for them since they don't currently exist.

Almost all of our discussion happens in the Discord chat, you're welcome to join us! https://discord.gg/0gV47WLdC83Yl504
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Thanks for that Entity! I was thinking of writing up a post like this myself.

I personally don't see why not release the items that aren't broken. I mean, they're already there, so, why not just make them available? But yeah, this depends on getting some more technical aspects working.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

That's true, yeah, that makes sense. Then people like me who don't like them don't have to buy them :P