The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

(Some) Articles to read about Atmosphir

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Phantomboy

Re: (Some) Articles to read about Atmosphir

Post by Phantomboy »

“We added multiplayer on Monday, we added normal maps and shaders on Tuesday, and on Wednesday we had a board meeting and decided to go to Unity. Five month’s later we’d ported the full game.”
Now, I know that my memory is likely stretching and squishing time as that is just what it does.. but I seem to remember the amount of time porting, (not until release schedule, mind you, that was obviously much longer and shouldn't be confused with this) the physical time from first announcement to Dave saying all levels were functional in the new engine was longer than five months... but I could be and probably am, terrible wrong!
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Their original estimate was that it would take 4-6 months. I have communications which confirm this.
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

real talk though im pretty sure it got delayed at least 24 times
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh, it was something like four or five, with a staggered release of 500 at a time or something~ which, I don't REALLY fault them for, as they were a small team. Although, I would be lying if I said my younger self was as understanding or patient :cameron: