The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Which of your levels do you consider your magnum opus?

General discussion about Atmosphir.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Which of your levels do you consider your magnum opus?

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Title says all. Which of your levels are you most proud of?
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Re: Which of your levels do you consider your magnum opus?

Post by SirWrek »

Probably a few of my LOTDs in the last iteration of the game. In Pre-Stratosphir I has two ruins themed LOTDs that were pretty good at the time. The Lost Ruins 1 and 2. During the Stratosphir phase when MiSt still ran the game I had several XP and LOTD levels (about nineteen XP and nine or ten LOTDs probably) but my most defining level of all time in my opinion was Riddler's Challenge- an expert level with plenty of hellish hazards. Runner up to that would be my even more devilish level called Maintenance- which was twice as difficult and also got LOTD and had a narrative and everything.

Environment and puzzles definitely make Riddler's Challenge my favorite level of all time that I've crafted, but it was actually based upon a level I created pre-Stratosphir called Puzzles of Platforms which featured similar design and equally difficult puzzles at the time.

As for my magnum opus in the OMB era of Atmosphir, I'm not sure any of my levels are deserving of that title. I'm partial to Beware Trolls, but mainly because the environment and detail surrounding the level is in-depth and even though I know players can't see or appreciate ninety percent of the details I added around the castle areas, I enjoy knowing it's there.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I remember those levels. Those were all pretty good. :P

Personally, I think Neige is the best level I've ever designed. I was a little hesitant to use the concepts I built that level around, but I couldn't have been more pleased with the results if I tried.

Sorry to sound complacent, it's just... GOD I love how that level came out...
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I remember those levels. Those were all pretty good. :P

Personally, I think Neige is the best level I've ever designed. I was a little hesitant to use the concepts I built that level around, but I couldn't have been more pleased with the results if I tried.

Sorry to sound complacent, it's just... GOD I love how that level came out...
I remember and enjoyed that level immensely even if I don't recall all of it's details and glory haha.
papaya

Post by papaya »

all of them

especially my two treasure hunting levels
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

I don't know... probably Xyhargka?
Maybe Apnoe now as well, but I really don't know.
Rattle

Post by Rattle »

Of levels that I've already released before, back about a year before atmosphir died, I released a level (as tta) called The Great Desert Canyon. Unfortunately, that level is gone forever. I'll be awarding (through nacho) 250 atmos to anyone that can track down a couple of screenshots of that level if any exist, so that I can use those as a basis to recreate the level from scratch. so yeah, help pls
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

Mine will probably have to be Duty Calls and AR: Space Race. They are some of the proudest work I have accomplished. The former got an XP tag while the latter got a LOTD.
:twisted: The spookiest loominati member of all time... :twisted:
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

I didn't have many published levels, but the most decent ones was the trilogy "Adventur: Legend of Frost", which was a series of story-oriented levels taking place on the exact same location, but each "chapter", the surrounding landscape changed. It was the closest I could get at the time to a dynamic environment (this was before having moving-platform variants of most blocks).

The story was honestly pretty lame, but I guess it had good intentions.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Tropica 2. Took me ages to make, and is my most visually stunning level.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull: