The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[RESULTS] Small 16

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

[RESULTS] Small 16

Post by Entity »

The results are in. Your votes have been received. We threw them all out and I personally picked the top 3 based on my preferences.

Hold on one moment, *puts finger to bluetooth headset* what, we can't tell them that?

Ahem, your votes have been carefully counted and recounted by a committee of paid vote-counters, and the results are as follows:
Jungle Run by ThatOneFox

From start to finish, this floating jungle level is a great platforming experience. It sports a very consistent look and feel, and the scenery never feels mundane. It's not 100% linear either, which was nice. Keep your eyes peeled for some optional, but helpful, secrets!

ThatOneFox will be awarded 200 atmos for achieving 3rd place!

Papaya's Treasure Seeker by papaya

When I played through this level the first time, it wasn't super hard. It took a decent amount of effort, it includes a nice fresh (non-annoying) take on platforming with semi-low jump, I felt like I got a decent amount of treasure, it was great.

But then I got the achievement screen, and I only got 1 out of the 11 achievements. And even that one was a bug. Dang. This level is deep.

It feels pretty big too, it's not hard to get lost. Papaya made excellent use of the space allotted for the competition. You can walk right past all the info stickers if you want (like I did the first time), but... it might pay to stick around and read them ;)

A solid treasure hunt level. Definitely a classic.

papaya will be awarded 400 atmos for achieving 2nd place!

Small Strides over Sandy Slopes by Phantomboy

This level, man, this level. What can I say. This level won by a landslide, as it should have.

It's amazing. It's fantastic.

This is Phantomboy's only design in the playbrowser, and it's a masterpiece.

This is my favorite kind of level. I feel like it straddles the line between "Beginner" and "Intermediate," meaning it's not based around raw platforming skill, but it has exactly the right amount of difficulty to be incredibly engaging. Playing this level just made me happy, and I mean, isn't that what Atmosphir is all about.

Phantomboy will be awarded 1000 atmos for achieving 1st place! Great job, and I will be eagerly awaiting your next design!
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Phantomboy

Re: [RESULTS] Small 16

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh me gosh~! Like, major thank you to all of you wonderful beautiful, peeps! I had not expected that at all, like I totally believed I'd be unlikely to see myself place anywhere in the top three.. So, wow! You're all super sweet~!

I really really liked Orange Horizons, just for the surprisingly intuitive puzzles and lovely Atmosphir! I am honestly shocked that I didn't see that level higher up! But with only three spaces, I suppose that is hard to get everyone in, sadly. I really enjoyed all the levels I played, and adore the compact level design, as it forces every design element to be made with a precise hand.. As, it is really easy to sort of build challenges too close to one another, or within jumping distance of each other.. So, it was a fantastically fun challenge and I really hope to see sort of item, or size restricting challenges in the future~! ((Like, only using blocks, or only using props, or only using interactives for the entirety of the level))
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Congrats to the winners!
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

If only there were five slots for competitions, if we were a large enough community still. There were too many good choices in this competition and that's how it should be. Puzzle Cube... Orange Horizons... Astragalus... Plenty of challenging and interesting levels.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Agreed, all the levels were fantastic.

I will say, now that the competition is over all the entries are eligible for LOTDs :)
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Congratulations!
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I haven't update iOS in awhile, so when I first read this thread on my phone, the videos/pictures/whatever-they-are didn't appear. So when you were talking about a jungle level, my mind immediately went to Astragalus. I was a little disheartened to learn the truth...

Congrats to everyone who won. LIke, everyone who ACTUALLY won. xD
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I haven't update iOS in awhile, so when I first read this thread on my phone, the videos/pictures/whatever-they-are didn't appear. So when you were talking about a jungle level, my mind immediately went to Astragalus. I was a little disheartened to learn the truth...

Congrats to everyone who won. LIke, everyone who ACTUALLY won. xD
Oh darn, I'm sorry. Yeah that's my bad, I should put the level titles in the text...