The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Modding Atmosphir

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Adz
Administrator

Post by Adz »

Allow me to explain a few things regarding dev mode (since I have previously used it)

AllowNudity was actually a fix for when the game was first ported to unity. Basically players were able to deselect all clothes. This toggle was there to disable that. (while still allowing devs to see the basic character model). There isn't actually any nude skin.

Dismemberment is as the name implies, a toggle to allow limbs to fall of when the character dies.
I uploaded a video of this a couple of years ago:
Additionally, cars in dev mode can be customized. Using the car powerup, you can change many of their properties. This is how I got the following videos: (notice how there are a lot of the props that weren't released)
redidas

Post by redidas »

Adz wrote:Allow me to explain a few things ...
Wat.

Dismemberment? Blood? Cars? Robots? Industry-Grade-Death-Spikes?

It seems I missed out on quite the transformation.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Dismemberment and blood were never actually in the game. It's a dev-mode toggle.

The robots and stuff... yeeeeah, I don't think it's a coincidence that the game died a few months after they started adding that kind of stuff.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Oh my lawd!

I dont think it's very kid-friendy. :P Blood/Dismemberment demo is scary. Why did they even test that?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

bionicnacho wrote:Oh my lawd!

I dont think it's very kid-friendy. :P Blood/Dismemberment demo is scary. Why did they even test that?
Likely the same reason the tested other things such as, rag doll physics, death skulls, ranged and melee Muka's. All of which are arguably violent yet all the same they felt fit the Atmosphir theme.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Phantomboy wrote:Likely the same reason the tested other things such as, rag doll physics, death skulls, ranged and melee Muka's. All of which are arguably violent yet all the same they felt fit the Atmosphir theme.
Well yeah but blood/decapitation doesn't feel atmosphiry. :P
boss

Post by boss »

Wow, lots going on here. Definitely downloading that .dll. Oh, and it's cool to see so many old faces dropping by.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

It is!

Too bad it won't work on mac...

Anybody know why?
I think somewhere in the code it specifies mac or pc. I think i saw something about that while looking over it.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

But the dll loads fine. The problem is caused by adding the assets that dev mode requires. If you add those assets to the Mac version, and then try to play a level, you're character won't appear. This happens with or without the dev-mode enabled dll.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Oh ok. But with the dev dll and the original assets, will it work?

And where did nin get the dev assets?
WHO ARE YOU? lol. Maybe an old atmosphir dev with another name. :P jk
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

The game will load, but it will spam a bunch of errors and never get to the main menu.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Wowfunhappy wrote:The game will load, but it will spam a bunch of errors and never get to the main menu.
Ah ok. Too bad...

Maybe Nin can get dev assets for mac from wherever he got the windows ones?
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Dran wrote:I've made a discovery... I'd rather stay out of the discovery.
One of the booleans or whatever they are is called "AllowNudity"
Here's a pic of the nudity bug that this Boolean was designed to solve.

Please ignore the logo in the bottom right. I didn't obtain the original image. Someone I shall not name decided to add a logo to the screenshot.

On a more serious note, if you design a level using dev mode and over capacity, will a person trying to play the level with Atmosphir dev mode turned off still be able to load and play the level? I believe so because I have seen screenshots with cap bar being over 100%. In those cases, you would be able to delete elements but could not add any. You would still be able to play it. Let me know if you have more clear info on this.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Nazmus wrote:Here's a pic of the nudity bug that this Boolean was designed to solve.
lol'd at SEXOSPHIR
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Nazmus wrote:Here's a pic of the nudity bug that this Boolean was designed to solve.

Please ignore the logo in the bottom right. I didn't obtain the original image. Someone I shall not name decided to add a logo to the screenshot.

On a more serious note, if you design a level using dev mode and over capacity, will a person trying to play the level with Atmosphir dev mode turned off still be able to load and play the level? I believe so because I have seen screenshots with cap bar being over 100%. In those cases, you would be able to delete elements but could not add any. You would still be able to play it. Let me know if you have more clear info on this.
That would be a negative.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

I also experimented and realized that any "developer" items you use in design mode, such as bungees, will NOT be visible in normal mode. So, if you upload a level with new stuff, people playing the normal Atmosphir will NOT be able to experience your level fully.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Right. That's mainly due to assets missing.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

bionicnacho wrote:Right. That's mainly due to assets missing.
No, I actually added the assets in the non dev version. The assets aren't missing. Even if you already have the assets, switching to normal mode simply hides those elements from levels that use them.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Nazmus wrote:No, I actually added the assets in the non dev version. The assets aren't missing. Even if you already have the assets, switching to normal mode simply hides those elements from levels that use them.
Ah ok.

Edit: right, because the items are added in-script with the dev mode toggle. So if those items are not toggled ON, then they won't show
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

I like how dev mode sounds like it is the open source or open for more items version of the game. I'll check this out. :D

What button will I click to enable character moving? Hmm...
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: