The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Modding Atmosphir

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Mr Meow Meow wrote:How about an MMO, but with Atmosphir. Your home will be the customizable area.
Hells yes.
Aflysokat

Post by Aflysokat »

I haven't read anything but the first page. So I'm not sure if you fixed this. But my thoughts on the Atmosphir Code download that is referencing what isn't their, giving compiler errors, is a possible fix.
I'm thinking you should use substitutes instead. :/ so it'll reference random things that aren't the actual. And get rid of all compiler errors and other errors that face so you can compile the code once and for all. Insert the compressed code into the Atmosphir_Data and it should work with the modifications? Or am I entirely off and that's not the problem?

I'm thinking, for example, the game is referencing a gameobject Joe. And Joe isn't on the scene because we don't have the game's source files. We only have compressed .unity3D versions of those source files that won't work with compiling the code. So, instead of saying "Aw. We don't have the references. :( " Just build through the code as if it's a blueprint without putting effort into the scene/game project but more of effort into getting the code compiled. So we don't have a Joe. So it's going to say "Woah. We don't have a Joe. ERROR." We just make a Joe. a temporary Joe. Export the game and take the compiled code files into the game's files and rename it so the game will link to it.
Was this tried? Or is this not the problem? ._.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

I believe in page 2 or 3 they were able to get the code to compile.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Aflysokat

Post by Aflysokat »

Entity wrote:I believe in page 2 or 3 they were able to get the code to compile.
Hah hah. Well I'm terribly late. Not that I wasn't expecting it. Plus I bet my information was useless anyway. XD
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Nah you're fine :)

They were able to get it to compile and made some modifications to the code to get the client to connect to the onemoreblock servers instead of the (broken) atmosphir ones. However they were compiling the code outside of Unity.

Anything like adding or changing blocks would require recreating the entire Unity project from scratch, which is near impossible :(
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: