The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Modding Atmosphir

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Nope. The assetbundles didn't work, Atmopshir still insists it's missing files. I tried in both Windows as well as OS X.

Could you try uploading your entire Atmosphir folder? I know it's overkill, but clearly something is missing.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Nin wrote:It's complicated and I'm trying to think of an easy analogy to use, but I can't think of one. But anyway none of the dlls or exes technically require Unity3d assets to run. Unity3d assets are merely compressed files holding resources like meshes, images, sound, etc.

Anyway AssetBundles: http://onemoreblock.com/Atmosphir/AssetBundles.zip
Just replace the Atmosphir AssetBundles folder with the ones in the given link + http://onemoreblock.com/Atmosphir/Assem ... rp.Dev.dll = Dev Mode.
I tried this out, and although it flips dev mode on, I'm noticing numerous errors and glitches that prevent the game from getting to the main menu. Then again, I'm replacing the original Assembly-CSharp.dll with the dev dll renamed to "Assembly-CSharp.dll ". Could it be that I'm doing something wrong?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

No. That's what's happening to me too... the main error seems to be that it thinks it's missing assets or whatever.
Nin
Developer

Post by Nin »

My bad. I should have double checked. I uploaded the wrong files. I'll fix it in just a sec.
Nin
Developer

Post by Nin »

K. Try and download it from the same link again: http://onemoreblock.com/Atmosphir/AssetBundles.zip
I only compressed the required files this time. Just merge the files in the zip with the Atmosphir ones.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

And that did it!

This. Is. Awesome.

Edit: :O
Dev mode gives you unlimited capacity.
Do you know what this means?!?!
It means that I CAN FINALLY UPDATE IN VENGEANCE OF LOVE TO USE TELEPORTERS!!!!!!
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Nin wrote:K. Try and download it from the same link again: http://onemoreblock.com/Atmosphir/AssetBundles.zip
I only compressed the required files this time. Just merge the files in the zip with the Atmosphir ones.
Man, this is awesome!!! There's even the car powerup here.

How did you compile the code? What did you have to fix?

Edit
The only thing that sucks....NPC's are invisible.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:How did you compile the code?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/reflexil/
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Wow....to think I didn't have to copy endless mounds of code by hand...

Well, now that I know how it was done, I'm going to try turning off all of the on screen logging. Its starting to get to me.
Tamloo

Post by Tamloo »

I am interested in helping with this as well... I don't know how far you have gotten or anything... but I'm here!

[quote="Wowfunhappy]I don't know ANY c#"]
I don't know if you still need someone... but I'm able to read and/or code in C# very well.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

We seem to have found a tool which can decompile/recompile the code without errors.

If you're proficient though... now that we have all the code, it would be great to see someone actually try to add/fix stuff.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Whilst testing will you guys be releasing any unlocked Atmosphir downloads? or would you guys rather wait until your work is finished?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Huh?

If you mean, will there be a simpler way to enable dev mode, yeah, I'm going to update the Atmosphir Collection with the dev mode assets and dll included, so all you have to do is rename the dll in order to enable dev mode. But I can't now... it's 1am, and I have class at 9 tomarrow.
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

My word, I am absolutely impressed by the work you guys put into this that I had to register an account. Thanks so much for opening up the possibilities of modding this game, client and server, into our hands. Now we can continue playing the game and make the decisions we want!
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Nin, one thing I still don't understand... where did you get the dev mode assets?

Also, it appears dev mode won't work with the mac version. When you copy in Nin's assets, the player won't appear when you try to test a level. Mac users who want to play with dev mode should try bootcamp.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Just a heads up: I've updated The Atmosphir Collection to include all the files necessary for activating developer mode.
Dran

Post by Dran »

I've made a discovery... I'd rather stay out of the discovery.

I've checked the booleans and found all kinds of dev stuff, just click the button that says # errors.
One of the booleans or whatever they are is called "AllowNudity"
I don't know why they considered such a boolean, or maybe it's just something for character design. But without any sort of character design to test it with, there's no idea what it does.

Also, there are all kinds of settings such as "speedup" and "SpeedDown"
They make everything but the music and possibly sounds faster.

There's also Dismemberment.
Which doesn't seem to do anything at all.

I also think NPCs don't work because they probably need character design, don't lose hope on NPCs yet.

If you want to go check out the booleans and speedup and speeddown functions, simply go to boolean city by just simply clicking "# errors" below dev on.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Dran wrote: One of the booleans or whatever they are is called "AllowNudity"
I don't know why they considered such a boolean, or maybe it's just something for character design. But without any sort of character design to test it with, there's no idea what it does.
I'm sure it just allows you to remove a characters shirt, shoes, etc. in the same way you can normally remove weapons and use only your fists. Booleans like this exist because they're necessary for the devs to test with.

I highly, highly doubt you'd see any body parts, as there would be no reason for Atmosphir's artists to design said parts in the first place. It would look the same as a doll with its clothes removed.
Dran

Post by Dran »

Wowfunhappy wrote:I'm sure it just allows you to remove a characters shirt, shoes, etc. in the same way you can normally remove weapons and use only your fists. Booleans like this exist because they're necessary for the devs to test with.

I highly, highly doubt you'd see any body parts, as there would be no reason for Atmosphir's artists to design said parts in the first place. It would look the same as a doll with its clothes removed.
Yeah, that was the same as my most likely idea.

I found another block which was designed only for dev purposes: Dev_Plane. It's in UGC

I'm hoping you're not thinking of an actual plane because this is when placed an endless plane.
Can be useful, can be not.
Just don't use it to torture other players when the custom server is up.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Yeah, it's worth mentioning... with power comes responsibility, and when the custom server goes up, we'll have to set up some rules about what is and isn't an appropriate use of developer mode.

I wouldn't go so far as to say you can't upload anything that was made with the dev mode– that would be a huge missed opportunity– but if you do, the onus falls on you to make sure everything in your level works properly. Excessively abusing the lack of a capacity limit without reason (or going over the limit at all without warning players beforehand), or using a developer only item which you know will crash computers, is obviously not a responsible use of developer mode.