The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Modding Atmosphir

General discussion about Atmosphir.
boss

Post by boss »

Phantomboy wrote:Wouldn't the field that deals dev mode likely have the option defaulted to zero? I think that doesn't narrow down the option that much, however wouldn't testing every variable that is set to zero to one eventually we would find it. It feels like the long way but perhaps it would work..
That sounds reasonable theoretically, and you could be right - but if you're wrong, they'll have dug through an extensive amount of code (I imagine lots of things are defaulted at 0) and gained nothing from it. The (probable) truth is that there are (probably) so many values beaming through with the same numeric value that it would be almost the same if they tested every value, which just brings us back to square one.

I don't really know a whole lot about code, but from what I do know I can safely deduce that guesswork isn't going to help the situation very much. Correct me if I'm wrong though!
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

boss wrote:That sounds reasonable theoretically, and you could be right - but if you're wrong, they'll have dug through an extensive amount of code (I imagine lots of things are defaulted at 0) and gained nothing from it. The (probable) truth is that there are (probably) so many values beaming through with the same numeric value that it would be almost the same if they tested every value, which just brings us back to square one.

I don't really know a whole lot about code, but from what I do know I can safely deduce that guesswork isn't going to help the situation very much. Correct me if I'm wrong though!
No, that seems rather correct. I was admittedly grasping at straws with that suggestion, something I seem to do a lot. Regardless, if anyone else happens to stumble upon something or finds some bit of information that could help us crack this mystery I would be happy to help them explore it.
TeeheeLP

Post by TeeheeLP »

Game.cs:

Code: Select all

private static int devModeIndex = 0;
  private static string devModeString = "qwepoizxcmnb";
  private static bool devMode = false;
  private static bool guestMode = true;
  private static bool offlineMode = true;
Now this looks interesting. We just need to find a way to change the devMode and guestMode bool.
boss

Post by boss »

TeeheeLP wrote:Game.css:

Now this looks interesting. We just need to find a way to change the devMode and guestMode bool.
o:
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

TeeheeLP wrote:Game.css:
Do you mean Game.cs?
TeeheeLP

Post by TeeheeLP »

bionicnacho wrote:Do you mean Game.cs?
Yeah, didn't see my typo.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

TeeheeLP wrote:Game.cs:

That was the purpose of trying to create a compilable dll. However, since we can't do that, there's no easy way to flip the values.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:That was the purpose of trying to compile a compilable dll. However, since we can't do that, there's no easy way to flip the values.
Well, according to eXoDuS it CAN be compiled... I just don't know how :P
TeeheeLP

Post by TeeheeLP »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:That was the purpose of trying to create a compilable dll. However, since we can't do that, there's no easy way to flip the values.
Yeah, that's why I tried searching for it with a hex editor. It seems though that you need to be logged in to have dev mode enabled, or at least that's what it looked like to me when I looked at the code and dll.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

bionicnacho wrote:Well, according to eXoDuS it CAN be compiled... I just don't know how :P
It can't be compiled, no decompiler can decompile everything in IL. The code that can't be compiled, can't be compiled because the decompiler attempted to decompile IL code that has no reverse translation that works.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:It can't be compiled, no decompiler can decompile everything in IL. The code that can't be compiled, can't be compiled because the decompiler attempted to decompile IL code that has no reverse translation that works.
Ah ok. I understand now.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Nin to the rescue!

He's enabled dev mode!

http://onemoreblock.com/Atmosphir/Assem ... rp.Dev.dll

Download this file, remove the ".dev", and replace the normal .dll in your Atmosphir folder.

He says he used Reflector and a plugin called Reflexil to both decompile and then recompile the dll.

Edit: Not quite working for me yet; the loading screen is clearly running in a "developer" mode, but it complains it's missing some assets. Nin says he has to upload them.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

But... How did it compile? O.o

That means he did it outside of unity, but how Will he get the assets?

Im so confused
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I don't know.

Nin, feel free to speak up if you feel so inclined. I don't mind relaying information for you, but you're the one who's actually figuring this stuff out.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Im curious why Nin doesnt say these things "in person".
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Well, I don't want to pressure him into posting if he doesn't want to, although it would be great if he did! :)
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Yeah, he doesnt have to, but it would be better as he could explain things better as to whats going on
Nin
Developer

Post by Nin »

It's complicated and I'm trying to think of an easy analogy to use, but I can't think of one. But anyway none of the dlls or exes technically require Unity3d assets to run. Unity3d assets are merely compressed files holding resources like meshes, images, sound, etc.

Anyway AssetBundles: http://onemoreblock.com/Atmosphir/AssetBundles.zip
Just replace the Atmosphir AssetBundles folder with the ones in the given link + http://onemoreblock.com/Atmosphir/Assem ... rp.Dev.dll = Dev Mode.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Nin wrote:It's complicated and I'm trying to think of an easy analogy to use, but I can't think of one. But anyway none of the dlls or exes technically require Unity3d assets to run. Unity3d assets are merely compressed files holding resources like meshes, images, sound, etc.

Anyway AssetBundles: http://onemoreblock.com/Atmosphir/AssetBundles.zip
Just replace the Atmosphir AssetBundles folder with the ones in the given link + http://onemoreblock.com/Atmosphir/Assem ... rp.Dev.dll = Dev Mode.
Alright then' will try it out when i have time. Btw thanks for posting.

How is progress on getting the server up?
Nin
Developer

Post by Nin »

I'm a bit stuck on implementing user registration so it might be a little while before I get it fully functional.