The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Modding Atmosphir

General discussion about Atmosphir.
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

TheLastLink wrote:2
Wrong thread :P
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

bionicnacho wrote:Wrong thread :P
ƃʍɐp ıɥ
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Easter Egg in dev mode: Sunrise Music is Zelda 2 theme music I think. To play it, count the musics up to 11 then play the 11st music.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Lionboy

Post by Lionboy »

Err, when I open Atmosphir, it goes all blue..
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Could someone who knows C# (Sebastion or Nazmus maybe?) try adding some of the less-buggy dev mode features to the normal version of the game?

Bungees, the moving light source, the car power up, the new colorful glass block, etc all seem pretty much done, so it would be nice if everyone could play with them without having to see red text everywhere.

And... maybe raise the capacity limit? Obviously it's there to not crash computers, but it's soooo restrictive...
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

I also think some of the space walls are very awesome and done. I really wished these space theme would be complete. Looking at the unfinished buttons, levers, and space objects makes me sad.

I think it is very much possible to bring bungees and other dev stuff to the normal mode.

Furthermore, we are also experienceing the thumbnail problem we had earlier. The thumbnails for many dev mode item in design mode doesn't seem to load. This is most likely because of the lack of chaching:

With the latest updates to Atmosphir, the developer changed the way design mode loads.

Before, when you clicked the design mode, you would see a loading screen and basically every single asset would be loaded to memory. With the later update, design mode loads instantly but most of the assets don't load. They load as needed. The thumbnail images wouldn't load either. They would be stored online and would be downloaded and cached. So, for the initial Windows version wowfunhappy had didn't have the chance to cache the online thumbnails. The version I had (now used in Atmosphir collection) I actually ran the game and made sure every thumbnail cached before atmosphir.com went down. Thus, you see the thumbnails. However, with the new dev mode items, the game is trying to connect to the server to cache the thumbnails but cannot. Hence, you see the Atmosphir logo on most of the dev items. (Some thumbnails, interestingly, have been cached.)
bboy99

Post by bboy99 »

Wowfunhappy wrote: Bungees
This almost made me cry
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Nazmus wrote:The version I had (now used in Atmosphir collection) I actually ran the game and made sure every thumbnail cached before atmosphir.com went down.
For what it's worth, I'm not sure this is what's going on.

I tried manually inserting the thumbnails from the Mac version (which always worked) into my initial Windows version, and Design Mode still wouldn't load them. This despite the fact that the thumbnails for Windows and Mac are exactly the same.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Wowfunhappy wrote:For what it's worth, I'm not sure this is what's going on.

I tried manually inserting the thumbnails from the Mac version (which always worked) into my initial Windows version, and Design Mode still wouldn't load them. This despite the fact that the thumbnails for Windows and Mac are exactly the same.

You might very well be right. It's more complex that I might make it sound. The reason I made that observation is this:

When I initially downloaded the Windows version, I tested it immediately in offline mode. I noticed that Atmosphir logos were in place of the thumbnails. Hoping things would work, I connected to the internet and restarted design mode. The Atmosphir logos started being replaced with thumbnails few by few. I then selected every category and made sure every thumbnail loaded. I then disconnected from the internet and tested design mode. Thankfully, the thumbnails were present. I immediately archived the Atmosphir folder and placed it as a back up in case an "update" corrupts Atmosphir.

Fortunately, when I reopened the back-up recently with OneMoreBlock, the thumbnails still showed. This is the very copy I have provided to Wowfunhappy. Because of this, I thought caching had something to do with this.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Well, whatever the reason, I'm very happy you did that :)
Khronologic

Post by Khronologic »

Does anyone have the launcher to the game? I wish to play around with the code and models in Unity now that the code is publicly available. Unless, of course, someone can find the models as well. Thanks!

Also, if you're having problems compiling the script in Unity, just extract the code to a folder (Right click, and select "Extract Here").
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

To get the launcher: Download & install the game from cnet, and combine it with the files in The Atmosphir Collection.

The launcher is pretty much useless without a server though.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Khronologic wrote:Does anyone have the launcher to the game? I wish to play around with the code and models in Unity now that the code is publicly available. Unless, of course, someone can find the models as well. Thanks!

Also, if you're having problems compiling the script in Unity, just extract the code to a folder (Right click, and select "Extract Here").
I recommend you DO NOT get the CNET download. The Launcher for CNET is way outdated. I have the latest version of the launcher:
Download it here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4243212/Voxelus/Atmosphir.zip
Dran

Post by Dran »

Wowfunhappy wrote:To get the launcher: Download & install the game from cnet, and combine it with the files in The Atmosphir Collection.

The launcher is pretty much useless without a server though.
But we're getting a custom server sometime this year or early next year.

Since we got dev mode wouldn't it be possible to set the server to the custom one when it comes up?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Dran wrote:But we're getting a custom server sometime this year or early next year.

Since we got dev mode wouldn't it be possible to set the server to the custom one when it comes up?
You don't need dev mode to connect to a custom server. All you need is a server for it to connect to. Which Nin is developing.

You do need a launcher to connect to said server, yes. Obviously, I'll distribute one with the Atmosphir collection when the time comes.
Soccerstar

Post by Soccerstar »

I'm no developer/coder and have next to no knowledge on the subject, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to get files that contain Atmosphir at the game release, as in right after public beta. Then what if we had some sort of team of people from this community that know C# well that would be able to modify the code to allow for all this stuff while getting rid of the bad, half polished updates because they didn't exist yet.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already and/or already been shot down because I only read the first page of comments.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Soccerstar wrote:I'm no developer/coder and have next to no knowledge on the subject, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to get files that contain Atmosphir at the game release, as in right after public beta. Then what if we had some sort of team of people from this community that know C# well that would be able to modify the code to allow for all this stuff while getting rid of the bad, half polished updates because they didn't exist yet.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already and/or already been shot down because I only read the first page of comments.
That would honestly be lovely, I would say everything up to cameras and triggers (right before cars) However, I am unsure if such a thing would be possible. Installers for early versions are scarce, working versions even more so. If we could find a copy of it I am sure they could take a look at it however I am sure they would still have the same problems that the modders are facing with the current version.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Nazmus wrote:I recommend you DO NOT get the CNET download. The Launcher for CNET is way outdated. I have the latest version of the launcher:
Download it here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4243212/Voxelus/Atmosphir.zip
Not that it ultimately matters much, are you sure they updated the launcher? It looks exactly the same...
Mr Meow Meow

Post by Mr Meow Meow »

How about an MMO, but with Atmosphir. Your home will be the customizable area.