The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

New Atmosphir Hints and Links?

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Htenneb

New Atmosphir Hints and Links?

Post by Htenneb »

The Atmosphir hints we have already are okay, but they're a bit lame.
After all it's just the same thing i.e Did you know Atmosphir is hosted by ONEMOREBLOCK... Come join us at [URL HERE] or something else about how the character store is working.
Might be weird but I think we should all submit our own hints or trivia... I remember one of the hints being that "If you have shadows enabled, You can use your player's shadow to figure out where you are going to land.
So about the submitting part, I think should all submit trivia or anything else and the best ones get added, chosen by a poll vote.
*Also some people don't have SSDs that load up the game in micro seconds. These hints will show up when players are joining servers or any other loading screens for the game. :D

Now onto the links.
Say for example I forgot my Atmo password, and I want to get it back. Most new players would just press the "Forgot Password" link, which in turn leads them to the dead old Atmosphir website.
At least lead them to a FAQ, and in design mode there is a link in the bottom right corner (only if the "help" bar s pulled up with all the key combinations and instructions on how to use design mode) that says "http://atmosphir.com" which in turn leads to a dead site as well. These are small trivial things, but they way things are going for Atmosphir right now, and how the major parts like multiplayer and character store as well as numerous others are fixed, then it makes sense to look at the small things too.

Thank you! :bungee:
bionicnacho
Administrator

Re: New Atmosphir Hints and Links?

Post by bionicnacho »

Sounds good.

Submit your suggestions for new hints below!
Doctor Pie
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Doctor Pie »

"Sometimes, you have to think outside the box for some puzzles. Maybe a trap isn't all that it seems..."

"Points aren't everything! The amount of points or treasures you get on XP and LOTD levels don't change the amount of Atmos you get from completing them!"

"Need some money to get that laser rifle? Play XP and LOTD levels to gain Atmos, Cirrus's main currency!"

(should be changed after said thing is modified) "Just as a reminder, Stratos aren't working - Yet! Wait a while, maybe we'll add them back and allow you to buy those special abilities!"

"Don't forget about our community forums and Discord channel! (insert link)"
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

"[insert hint here]"

"If you're new here and haven't quite understood you're way around, go to the level browser and select the Tutorials category; from there you can get a basic understanding."

"If you think the level you created should be a [LOTD] then shoot us an e-mail at ([email protected])."

"Did you know that...(various trivia)"
Last edited by Htenneb on June 25th, 2016, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad At Gravity
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Bad At Gravity »

"Don't die."
Omnoman

Post by Omnoman »

""And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason.
And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter."
-Led Zeppelin"
edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZZT what is I'm refrencing
and also Stairway to Heaven
:crate: :crow: :crate:
:crate: :geek: :crate:
:crate: :crate: :crate:
This is stupid.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Omnoman wrote:""And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason.
And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter."
-Led Zeppelin"
edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZZT what is I'm refrencing
and also Stairway to Heaven
thank you for clarifying that you were quoting one of the most famous songs of all time

my middle school led zeppelin phase that never happened is thankful
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

Quick question... who'd going to add these to the game, is it Nacho or Streets?
EDIT: Nacho is going to pick the best ones when we have enough, so keep submitting
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Alright, I've added some of them. Keep suggesting!

We need more trivia / tips
Bad At Gravity

Post by Bad At Gravity »

"You can also jump on enemies"
CTB

Post by CTB »

I have two:
"Some Mukas can block frontal assaults. Forget chivalry for maximum damage."
and
"Good levels have varied everything - try to do the same!"
Back... after forever.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I had an outlandish thought, we could hunt through older videos of the loading screen and write down some of the older tips and trivia~ but I mean who would go through that amount of work?
Spoiler
Play Tip #19: No weapons, no problem - your character can fight bare-handed now!
Trivia #6: The original Atmosphir concept only had basic platforms, moving platforms, falling platforms, ramps, ladders, and flags. Guess we got a little carried away.
Play Tip # 4: The more background applications you close, the better Atmosphir will run!
Play Tip #7: By default, 3000 points = 30 extra seconds. 10,000 points = 1 extra life. More time/lives/points = higher leaderboard scores.
Play Tip #9: 0 counts as a life. So if the screen says you have 2 lives left, you really have 3. Video game math is weird like that.
The Muka Tribe are intelligent creatures who have begun setting up camps, forging weapons, and attacking anything in their way.
Design Tip #4: Q and E are shortcuts for moving up and down floors.
Design Tip #8: R + scrollwheel = more fine-tuned object rotation. Shift + R = change rotation axis.
Design Tip #10: Flip your entire level around with the Z and X keys. Overuse may result in nausea and dizziness.
Trivia #8 In Czech, "Muka" means agony or torment.
Play Tip #26: Run or jump powerups with their arrows filled in are only temporary.
Play Tip #15: You can set up Atmosphir to work with a 3rd party controller in the options menu.
Play Tip #28: If you touch the finish flag and it isn't finishing the level, you still have outstanding goals. Look in the lower-right corner for what you're missing.
Design Tip #12: Tree trunk doors open from the ground, so only make locked rooms underneath them, not behind like other doors.
Design Tip #27: Should the player find the flag, collect points, beat 20 enemies or all of the above? Set the level goals in the rulebook.
Design Tip #6: Two heads are better than one! Make you levels editable so your friends can build on top of your creations.
Design Tip #37: Want more plays? Make a YouTube trailer or walkthrough of your level and post it in the forums. Seeing a level in motion is always a great way to entice people to play it.
Design Tip # 32: Use a mouse scrollwheel while holding the Q or E keys to slowly move through the space between floors.
Play Tip #36: Make weapon-switching easier and faster! Assign each weapon to a number hotkey in the character creator.
if a level thumbnail has LOTD (Level of the Day ) or XP (Experience) on its picture, that means you'll get experience points if you can beat it!
Your atmoscore, the number that usually appears next to your name is based off your win/loss/abandon records. This is still a work in progress and the formula will undoubtedly change in the future.
Some say the flying skulls are spirits of former Atmosphir inhabitants, wandering the skies in search of new hosts...

Okay, so this is far far from a completed list--- but I thought I might note some of them down regardless!
Bad At Gravity

Post by Bad At Gravity »

Dang Phantom.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Haha, I thought about doing that too. I'll add them soon.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I went through a few more videos--- not all of them necessarily apply, but I thought I'd post them here while I had them~!

Sometimes loading screens will spurt out a random secret code or message - if you see one, write it down immediately and try to get the community to figure it out in the forums!
Design Tip #24: For music and skyboxes, if you press the "pick area" button you can pinpoint an area where battle music plays or the sky turns red.
Design Tip #26: Save often. We're still in beta and you never know when something might go wrong.
Play Tip #18: Press O or I to zoom the camera in or out while playing, or use the mouse scrollwheel.
Got an idea for a new block, enemy, or character item? Tell us in the ideas forum! We're always listening...
Play Tip #30: Cooperative levels do not count towards leaderboard scores. If you want to place, you'll have to play solo.
Design Tip #17: Think about making your gravity shifters respawn, or players might get stuck in the wrong dimension!
Play Tip #29: If you shoot right at the seams, sometimes you can blow up multiple breakable blocks at the same time.
Think you're a great designer? Prove it - see the competition section in the forums for the official design challenges!
Design Tip #22: When making cooperative levels, think about separating players to take on different tasks. Triggering moving platforms is a great way for one player to help another make a bridge or staircase.
Design Tip #16: Make a series of levels - if a player likes one, they're bound to try others too.

Trivia #1: Atmosphir was first announced at the TechCrunch50 conference in San Francisco on September 10, 2008.
Play Tip #17: If a moving platform is blinking, touch it or it will respawn back to its starting position.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Awesome! I've added a ton :)