multiplayer not working

General discussion about Atmosphir.
User avatar
dms
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 8:31 pm

multiplayer not working

Postby dms » July 31st, 2016, 6:55 pm

I been trying to get multiplayer going on my local network.
But I am getting nowhere :(
I actually had 2 different things happen on two different attempts couple of days a part.
First I got a multiplayer session going but as soon as I end up joining the session it would timeout and end.

On second try, whenever I was trying to create a multiplayer session, atmosphir would load to 99% and then just hang
there forever.

What am I missing? I don't play any multiplayer games so I feel a bit lost. Your help is much appreciated.
If you know anyone who recorded a video tutorial on starting a multiplayer game, please kindly point me to it.
Thank you.

User avatar
Swords761
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: January 23rd, 2013, 1:27 am
Contact:

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby Swords761 » July 31st, 2016, 7:14 pm

We know; nacho wrote this on our discord channel a few days ago:

"To let you guys know, there was a problem with the server and it shut down for some weird reason and while starting it back up, Photon has encountered an issue with the license. I'm contacting the Photon guys now, but in the mean time multiplayer will be down."

User avatar
dms
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby dms » July 31st, 2016, 7:55 pm

Swords761 wrote:We know; nacho wrote this on our discord channel a few days ago:

"To let you guys know, there was a problem with the server and it shut down for some weird reason and while starting it back up, Photon has encountered an issue with the license. I'm contacting the Photon guys now, but in the mean time multiplayer will be down."


Got you. thank you so much. If and when it comes back on drop me a line. I'll try it again then.

CTB
Member
Posts: 67
Joined: April 5th, 2016, 12:13 pm

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby CTB » August 4th, 2016, 1:27 pm

same.
Back... after forever.

aitkens1
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: September 13th, 2016, 4:41 pm

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby aitkens1 » September 13th, 2016, 4:48 pm

Hello
This issue is posted twice, but has anyone got any more info on this. We get as far as "Error Code 1" when trying to multiplay at school.
Thanks

User avatar
ThatOneFox
Moderator
Posts: 17612
Joined: January 20th, 2013, 5:53 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 1
Contact:

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby ThatOneFox » September 14th, 2016, 8:37 am

aitkens1 wrote:Hello
This issue is posted twice, but has anyone got any more info on this. We get as far as "Error Code 1" when trying to multiplay at school.
Thanks

We've explained the issue before, currently we are having issues with the host for our server and since this is a project we all work on in our spare time, we havent had much time to sort the issue. We hope to get it fixed soon.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:

User avatar
dms
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby dms » July 21st, 2017, 3:34 pm

Hi all, I am wondering if there is any news on Multiplayer :)
thx

User avatar
freekboy31
Member
Posts: 838
Joined: October 9th, 2012, 8:08 am

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby freekboy31 » July 26th, 2017, 1:38 am

multiplayer works well bro

but race levels do not

it is so unstable you cant even buy a car so please let your friends know for the meantime.

and please invite them to play atmosphir

andrew26330
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: April 14th, 2017, 7:37 pm

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby andrew26330 » July 26th, 2017, 3:51 pm

Multiplayer sill isn't working for dms and I. Every time I try to create a session, it said it couldn't create the session. It also gave (code 1), but I couldn't find any information on it. Were using the most recent version of the launcher, and none of the computers with the launcher that we used are working. I assume the servers are still down, otherwise there's something wrong with these computers.

User avatar
dms
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby dms » July 26th, 2017, 4:00 pm

I tried and is't not working for me :(

this is what I was doing:
went to main menu, play, play coop, create, choose level, set number of players, then it goes to 99 % and hangs.
What is it I am missing? I have 5 computers that are networked.

User avatar
ThatOneFox
Moderator
Posts: 17612
Joined: January 20th, 2013, 5:53 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 1
Contact:

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby ThatOneFox » July 26th, 2017, 5:55 pm

andrew26330 wrote:Multiplayer sill isn't working for dms and I. Every time I try to create a session, it said it couldn't create the session. It also gave (code 1), but I couldn't find any information on it. Were using the most recent version of the launcher, and none of the computers with the launcher that we used are working. I assume the servers are still down, otherwise there's something wrong with these computers.


We still don't have a phantom server set up to host it. It's safer to assume that it isn't working when you come to post something like this. Once it's back up we will let you know.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:

User avatar
dms
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby dms » July 27th, 2017, 11:52 am

Does freekboy31 knows some work around?

andrew26330
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: April 14th, 2017, 7:37 pm

Re: multiplayer not working

Postby andrew26330 » July 27th, 2017, 3:40 pm

ThatOneFox wrote:We still don't have a phantom server set up to host it. It's safer to assume that it isn't working when you come to post something like this. Once it's back up we will let you know.


Alright, thanks for the update.


Return to “Atmosphir General”

Who is online

Registered users: No registered users