The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Desura

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Mr Meow Meow

Desura

Post by Mr Meow Meow »

I have a Desura account. It link you to indie games and is a part of IndieDB. I think I am going to create Atmosphir a game on it. Do you think so? If we can get support we can create a server and re-create the game. It can be just for designing, and I will point out that the game was originally made by MinorStudios and only put it there so we can re-create the game from the beginning and possibly get Dave and the Dev's back... What do you think?

Also I can put TBD so we can work on getting a server running if we get support. If anyone would like to help me, and think that this is okay, tell me and I can start working on it.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I would love to help, Meow. Unfortunately, I haven't actually heard of that game before. I checked out the site and it looks quite interesting but I would need to learn a lot to be of any help to you.
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

I thought the idea was not to involve MiSt and/or tell the public that we're modifying a dead game to suit our needs?

Just an fyi meow, no one from MiSt is ever coming back, so you can forget that. The page you make on IndieDB won't do anything either because there is no working game other than design mode to show proof of concept.

I would recommend not doing this and please let Wowfun decide if that's a good idea and let him do it himself.

And if you for some reason do decide to make it even though I believe you shouldn't, at least make sure your grammar is flawless- I could barely make sense of everything you wrote because the sentence structure was so poor.

P.S. Phantom, IndieDB is not a game, it's a website that hosts independent gaming projects, both actual games and modifications/addons for current popular ones (notably HL2). Desura is a client like Steam that uses that database and also has its own game store and community.
Mr Meow Meow

Post by Mr Meow Meow »

Swords761 wrote:I thought the idea was not to involve MiSt and/or tell the public that we're modifying a dead game to suit our needs?

Just an fyi meow, no one from MiSt is ever coming back, so you can forget that. The page you make on IndieDB won't do anything either because there is no working game other than design mode to show proof of concept.

I would recommend not doing this and please let Wowfun decide if that's a good idea and let him do it himself.

And if you for some reason do decide to make it even though I believe you shouldn't, at least make sure your grammar is flawless- I could barely make sense of everything you wrote because the sentence structure was so poor.

P.S. Phantom, IndieDB is not a game, it's a website that hosts independent gaming projects, both actual games and modifications/addons for current popular ones (notably HL2). Desura is a client like Steam that uses that database and also has its own game store and community.
So should I just wait for wowfunhappy? Okay I can do that.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Hm... Just installed ima check it out now!
Cypher

Post by Cypher »

Ima Boss. Cool! I'll check this one out.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Well, I will tell you that while Atmosphir is down, we are working on a few other similar projects. I would check back with us maybe after the summer. Don't make anything public, only because it is a little to early for it. Check out some of MystifiedStudio's project, it's the same concept that will be worked on with other people. That might be a bit better to show, but everything is still in super early development there. Overall, it would be nice just for you to wait and come back later.