The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The Custom Server Has Arrived!

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Phantomboy wrote:I honestly wouldn't mind going into each level and photographing a picture of it, I am no Ansel Adams but I can probably get some decent photos. Would I then just put them all in a zip file and send it your way? I don't mean to flood you with images to upload but if it is something you are interested in I would love to! :)
Yeah, it would be appreciated. Just make sure you take your time with the images... these are other people's levels and I want to make sure we respect them.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Yeah, it would be appreciated. Just make sure you take your time with the images... these are other people's levels and I want to make sure we respect them.
I will do my absolute best, Sir! Honestly if there is any of the photos you don't like just tell me and I'll go retake them :)
Newah

Post by Newah »

Alright, biting the bullet and taking up your bandwidth by downloading the whole near GB of data. :P
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Newah wrote:Alright, biting the bullet and taking up your bandwidth by downloading the whole near GB of data. :P
It's not a GB, it's only a few hundreds MB
Newah

Post by Newah »

Oh, well you're right. I mistook it for the Dev version download, which included both OS versions, and if I'm not mistaken the regular download also included both OS versions.

In any case, it's not a small download for someone that tops at 900 KB/s download speed.

(Also the server doesn't seem capable of giving me a steady download without stopping sometime in between)
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

I just downloaded Atmosphir with custom server.

How can I play these levels? Do I have to run the launcher or run the game straight? I tried running the game straight but I'm not able to play levels in browser.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

freekboy31 wrote:I just downloaded Atmosphir with custom server.

How can I play these levels? Do I have to run the launcher or run the game straight? I tried running the game straight but I'm not able to play levels in browser.
Yeah, you gotta run the launcher. It'll take a minute or two and tell you it's launching Offline mode, but it'll work regardless.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Me Gusta!
totaldile

Post by totaldile »

I would just like to express my sincerest thanks for all of the hard work put into this.
Truly, you folk are to be admired. You've recreated what could have once been considered our hopes and dreams.
So, let me say this in the truest, sincerest, and most simple of forms:
Thank you.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

totaldile wrote:I would just like to express my sincerest thanks for all of the hard work put into this.
Truly, you folk are to be admired. You've recreated what could have once been considered our hopes and dreams.
So, let me say this in the truest, sincerest, and most simple of forms:
Thank you.
Dangit, you beat me to it. >.<
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I definitely second the words of Totaldile, we are all very gracious for the immense community and effort put in by everyone involved. Regardless of what other features can be mended, we have reached a very high peak in our community, I am very content with what we have available at this point!

On a slight side note, in terms of what we've accessed already in unity- how editable is the game? I know Unity is a stone-wall and a half to get through. Has Nin been able to open the game in Unity's original editor? Is that possible?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

No one has been able to open the game in Unity. However, you can use a program called reflexil to edit the game's c# source code.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Wowfunhappy wrote:No one has been able to open the game in Unity. However, you can use a program called reflexil to edit the game's c# source code.
I am assuming that means more so edits of various properties such as the server it attempts to connect to, does it launch in development mode and where it looks to when it looks for drafts - is that correct?
SerPo

Post by SerPo »

Works great, good job Nin!
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

I'm having issues trying to get the Level Browser to connect to the server... haven't touched my client at all since a week or two ago when it lasted worked, but I tried opening it today and it's having an issue with Game Context and so it switches to offline mode... anyone else experiencing this?
Nin
Developer

Post by Nin »

Swords761 wrote:I'm having issues trying to get the Level Browser to connect to the server... haven't touched my client at all since a week or two ago when it lasted worked, but I tried opening it today and it's having an issue with Game Context and so it switches to offline mode... anyone else experiencing this?
Just some maintenance being done. It works now.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Phantomboy wrote:I am assuming that means more so edits of various properties such as the server it attempts to connect to, does it launch in development mode and where it looks to when it looks for drafts - is that correct?
The dll files contain a majority of the game's source code. So yes, you can change little things, like the dev mode toggle, but you can change larger things to.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh hey, is it too late to get my Quint's Caverns Level on the server?

Edit: Also, I had a question regarding the content of the modified game. Do all the textures and models for bought content reside within the games code, or is that information that was loaded in via the website? Obviously users were unable to access such content without signing in, I was just unsure rather that means they aren't physically in the game.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Phantomboy wrote:Oh hey, is it too late to get my Quint's Caverns Level on the server?

Edit: Also, I had a question regarding the content of the modified game. Do all the textures and models for bought content reside within the games code, or is that information that was loaded in via the website? Obviously users were unable to access such content without signing in, I was just unsure rather that means they aren't physically in the game.
I believe they are stored in the application. If i'm wrong, someone come and correct me.

They way i THINK this was done is that everything was stored on your computer, and whenever MiSt wanted to release an update, they sent a new Asset Bundle that replaced or added to those files, hence why you could play offline.

I'm pretty sure that bought content was basically a toggle on the database that told the game whether the user had bought such content. If they were stored on the server, every time you played multiplayer with those players that had the items, you would have to download the models, which would be very slow (depending on your connection).

Besides, Nin told me he had "extracted" models such as the SteamPunk character from the game, and since the servers are offline they must have been stored on the application itself and he probably just decompiled it.
Nin
Developer

Post by Nin »

bionicnacho wrote: They way i THINK this was done is that everything was stored on your computer, and whenever MiSt wanted to release an update, they sent a new Asset Bundle that replaced or added to those files, hence why you could play offline.
Pretty close. Whenever there was an update/new item/etc, the game client would download those new .unity3d bundles. This is in conjunction with an updated asset_list.unity3d (which holds information about all the other bundles. Technically, if you can edit this and create a compatible bundle, you could add items to the game.)
bionicnacho wrote: I'm pretty sure that bought content was basically a toggle on the database that told the game whether the user had bought such content.
Pretty much.
bionicnacho wrote: Besides, Nin told me he had "extracted" models such as the SteamPunk character from the game, and since the servers are offline they must have been stored on the application itself and he probably just decompiled it.
Actually I said I unpacked them from the .unity3d files. Not the game exe or dll. All the models/textures/audio are in the .unity3d files that I can extract with a tool I made for myself.