The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

A Tad Bit Of Clarification

General discussion about Atmosphir.
RatedM+Films

A Tad Bit Of Clarification

Post by RatedM+Films »

I am no expert-coder, or know the basics of coding. I expect something to work, and don't use it if it doesn't. Could someone, with the patience, please clarify the following questions, in basic words?

Q. I downloaded Atmosphir before this thread was made. Should I uninstall the current two (which includes the final build by MiST and the community-made one) and re-download it?

Q. Will any third-party software be needed to run Atmosphir?

Q. How are levels uploaded, or even played by other users?
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

A1. You don't need to uninstall the Atmosphir version you already have if it works. The version here is for people who either don't have it or if theirs stopped working for some reason. Also, you can go ahead and download the Dev Version of Atmosphir if you want.

A2. Nope. It's just like normal. Click and run!

A3. For right now, you cannot upload levels. Only Wowfunhappy can do that manually, because the accounts are not working. There should be some levels in the Level Browser, because Wowfun uploads them on request. If you want to put your level in the play browser, just make a post here on the Atmosphir section with some screen shots and the .atmo (i think thats how atmosphir saves them) file attached.
Wowfun will try to add it as soon as he can.
RatedM+Films

Post by RatedM+Films »

bionicnacho wrote:A1. You don't need to uninstall the Atmosphir version you already have if it works. The version here is for people who either don't have it or if theirs stopped working for some reason. Also, you can go ahead and download the Dev Version of Atmosphir if you want.

A2. Nope. It's just like normal. Click and run!

A3. For right now, you cannot upload levels. Only Wowfunhappy can do that manually, because the accounts are not working. There should be some levels in the Level Browser, because Wowfun uploads them on request. If you want to put your level in the play browser, just make a post here on the Atmosphir section with some screen shots and the .atmo (i think thats how atmosphir saves them) file attached.
Wowfun will try to add it as soon as he can.
Thank you so much! Just one question: Where can the .atmo files be found?
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

RatedM+Films wrote:Thank you so much! Just one question: Where can the .atmo files be found?
Mac or Windows?
RatedM+Films

Post by RatedM+Films »

bionicnacho wrote:Mac or Windows?
Both. My computer is an iMac with a Windows partition
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

RatedM+Films wrote:Both. My computer is an iMac with a Windows partition
Do you play on the mac or the windows?

On Mac:
  1. Find the atmosphir application
  2. Right click
  3. Choose "Show Package Contents"
  4. In there, you'll find a second atmosphir.app
  5. Do the same thing to it (Right click > Show Package Contents)
  6. Navigate to Contents and you'll see a drafts folder.
Since I don't use a windows computer, I'm not sure on the process BUT i think it should be something like this:
  1. Locate where Atmosphir is installed
  2. Go to its _data folder (should be something like atmosphir_data)
  3. In there, you should have a drafts folder.
All the levels you make are saved in that folder (as .atmo files).
If the windows steps are wrong, somebody please correct me.

Hope it helped!