The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

An Idea To Improve Level Uploading

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

An Idea To Improve Level Uploading

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

I'm currently aware that uploading levels via the Atmosphir client is not yet possible, as well as that Wowfunhappy has to manually add them. What I'm wondering, is if its possible for me to automate the process of uploading levels through some sort of webpage, so that Wowfunhappy won't need to worry about it.

I could most likely build a webpage in which you upload your level (and a thumbnail), and the webpage will place said files in the directories required for being visible on the Atmosphir server.

If a webpage isn't a possibility, I could also write two programs that would aid in level uploading.
There could be a program that people could install on their machines, which would allow them to upload their levels. As well, there could be a listening client that would run on Wowfunhappy's server. The listening client would wait for data input from the transmitting clients users are running and place received level files where they need to be.

Any thoughts on this?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

That sounds like a really good idea, I would certainly use a service like this :) Exciting stuff!
matthewbny
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by matthewbny »

Not a bad idea.
Don't you just hate when someone cuts you off in the middle of a sente
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

This would certainly make my life a lot easier. I'd love it.

You should PM and try to get in contact with Nin. I'm assuming you'll need to know the database structure and stuff, and Nin has requested I not release this information publicly yet.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Wowfun, how have things with Nin been going? I can only assume work on it will be kinda slow giving that it is a side project. I haven't seen him around lately - have you heard from him as of recent?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Nope.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Sebastian, where you able to get in contact with Nin, or have you tried? I saw that Nin was logged in the other day, I was just wondering if you heard from him.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Great idea, sebane! This is definitely an idea we shouldn't leave untried.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Phantomboy wrote:Sebastian, where you able to get in contact with Nin, or have you tried? I saw that Nin was logged in the other day, I was just wondering if you heard from him.
I've gotten in contact with him. Rather than implementing this idea, I'm going to be helping accelerate the process in which Atmosphir accounts can upload levels.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:I've gotten in contact with him. Rather than implementing this idea, I'm going to be helping accelerate the process in which Atmosphir accounts can upload levels.
That's awesome to hear! Keep us posted :P
luke5227

Post by luke5227 »

Or you could just wait for Aludra to come out where we already have servers that we can upload and play levels on.

:3
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:I've gotten in contact with him. Rather than implementing this idea, I'm going to be helping accelerate the process in which Atmosphir accounts can upload levels.

Fantastic! I can't wait!
DerekItoldu

Post by DerekItoldu »

So we aee going to be able to have accounts again :D