The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Taking On Atmosphir

General discussion about Atmosphir.
frogofspac

Taking On Atmosphir

Post by frogofspac »

Hi guys, those of you who played Atmosphir way back in the day 2010 - early 2011 may remember me.

I have only just come back to find Atmosphir fully destroyed and in complete disarray.

I was wondering if anyone had any form of coding or game design background, maybe we could start a campaign to gain the rights of Atmosphir and continue development?

Thanks,

Frog
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

Hahahahahaha, hehe, hahaha.

no.

It will be literally impossible, some people tried this with <the website that shall not be named> and it didn't work at all, I doubt the company would even care of we started a "campaign" to gain the rights of atmosphir, it won't work.
Rabbidfan236
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

DvChayz wrote:Hahahahahaha, hehe, hahaha.

no.

It will be literally impossible, some people tried this with <the website that shall not be named> and it didn't work at all, I doubt the company would even care of we started a "campaign" to gain the rights of atmosphir, it won't work.
What if we got a million dollahs?
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

Rabbidfan236 wrote:What if we got a million dollahs?
Good luck with that sir.
go4more

Post by go4more »

I hate humans. Humans always want money.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

go4more wrote:I hate humans. Humans always want money.
So you hate yourself? o.-
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

DvChayz wrote:So you hate yourself? o.-
Who said he was human?
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

Miniike wrote:Who said he was human?
I did.
Unless He Is A tr0ll fRoM a DiFfErEnT uNIVERSE.
(homestuck references hehe :D )
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

For the most part, Wowfun and Nin have worked quite a bit on the game. They got the level browser to connect to a new server as well as unlocking the developers features. However, they have gotten it to a state where we can for the most part play and create levels.. I am quite content with that personally - however there is talk of an improved means of uploading levels to the level browser. I think we are at a very admirable position all issues in the past considered.
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

Phantomboy wrote:For the most part, Wowfun and Nin have worked quite a bit on the game. They got the level browser to connect to a new server as well as unlocking the developers features. However, they have gotten it to a state where we can for the most part play and create levels.. I am quite content with that personally - however there is talk of an improved means of uploading levels to the level browser. I think we are at a very admirable position all issues in the past considered.
HOW DARE YOU TRY TO STOP US FROM TURNING THIS THREAD INTO A PIGFLAG
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

Rabbidfan236 wrote:HOW DARE YOU TRY TO STOP US FROM TURNING THIS THREAD INTO A PIGFLAG
I kno rite, wut a buz keel, wuh wuh huehuehue.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Rabbidfan236 wrote:HOW DARE YOU TRY TO STOP US FROM TURNING THIS THREAD INTO A PIGFLAG
I know, I am going to get scolded by TTL again! But in all seriousness - I don't know what exactly is meant by continuing development. Do you think he means fixing bugs, developing new features or simply getting accounts working?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I don't even know who owns the rights to Atmosphir anymore what with Minor Ventures gone.

What would we really get out of this? Source code? We have the C# source code, although we don't have the Unity assets, nor do we know the original server structure (if we did, we'd have working accounts). Those things would be nice to have.

But even if we could figure out who actually owns the rights to Atmosphir, AND THEN raise enough money to actually make us worth their time, do you think that source code even still exists? It might, but I'm guessing it doesn't.

So essentially, it's never happening.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I'd explain exactly why it'll never happen, but WFH beat me to it.

Unfortunately, everyone on this thread is right. There's no possible way we could pull this off. :(
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I am fairly content with how the project is going right now - I mean we have all of the essential tools needed to make, play and share a level. Sure all of it takes a bit more digging to do than we may have been use to in 2009 - but the fact that we've even gotten it working to this state is a huge triumph!
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

Phantomboy wrote:I am fairly content with how the project is going right now - I mean we have all of the essential tools needed to make, play and share a level. Sure all of it takes a bit more digging to do than we may have been use to in 2009 - but the fact that we've even gotten it working to this state is a huge triumph!
Huge triumph!
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

all my levels boohoo cry cry
Haha nah noBody even liked my levels they stank so hard.
I'm glad that we actually have a running server tho, it's nice.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

DvChayz wrote:all my levels boohoo cry cry
Haha nah noBody even liked my levels they stank so hard.
I'm glad that we actually have a running server tho, it's nice.
Friend, do you not remember what Bigdrip681 once said? Level bashing yourself will likely only hurt you, as people may not even bother checking out a level if the creator is continually saying it is bad. Just stay positive :)
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

Phantomboy wrote:Friend, do you not remember what Bigdrip681 once said? Level bashing yourself will likely only hurt you, as people may not even bother checking out a level if the creator is continually saying it is bad. Just stay positive :)
its not really a big deal though, im not planning on making anymore levels soon.
i dont think they actually stank, (some of them did tho, heheh) its just nobody played them. :o
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote:I am fairly content with how the project is going right now - I mean we have all of the essential tools needed to make, play and share a level. Sure all of it takes a bit more digging to do than we may have been use to in 2009 - but the fact that we've even gotten it working to this state is a huge triumph!

Words of wisdom.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.