The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Ro'pah Sanc 1-1: The Decrepit Jungle

Share great levels you've made or played.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Ro'pah Sanc 1-1: The Decrepit Jungle

Post by SirWrek »

Hey there traveler! Are you looking to pass through that there jungle? You know... it's a pretty tough climb to the summit of the ruins in there... Not to be taken lightly at all. It's quite puzzling some would say. There are plenty of secrets too. But then again, by now you've probably already tried and failed to make the climb. Let's get a little spoiler-free glimpse at what is in store for the unwary...
Spoiler

That looks a little bit daunting doesn't it. Have no fear, the only thing that can kill you is the fall... and the numerous, devious traps, the floating platforms leading you to either salvation or demise, the lure of treasure, and challenging leaps of faith. Oh, and the ever-annoying muka blocks that are just unavoidable given the circumstances. Sorry about that one.

Surely there's a hint around here somewhere to get us across this unavoidable death trap... Well, you're in luck- surely the creators of this ancient ruin wouldn't leave us hanging out to die, er dry, eh? Be prepared to lose some lives as you go...as I did when trying to set up some good photo ops throughout as well. I'd advise against that, personal experience noted...

And in this still photo, we observe a round platform in his natural habitat- luring unwary travelers to their doom via an unwise decision to jump too early or too late. Ah, the smell of difficulty and frustration is in the air...

Oh good- it's just over there, not too far to go... Oh wait, I can't jump that much, and there are muka blocks between me and my goal, and a rapidly spinning owl of doom. Ugh, here we go.

Back across we go, secrets to find and reap and sow, and stuff to do as we choose! Rhyming sort of with nothing to lose! Watch out for that jungle fever, my friend.

Here we go again! Oh, something was triggered eh? Wonder where that's going to lead us...

Spikes on spikes on spikes on spikes. Guess what trap is most prevalent in these ancient ruins? If you said spikes, you're our lucky winner of the deluxe death trap of the day!

Is it just me or is it getting a little bit stuffy in here? Guys, guys? Oh, right- I came here alone... Boy what have I gotten myself into. That one owl trap is so intimidating right now... Surely that can't be the only tricky trap in this room, right? There's got to be something even more devious around...

And a back through the door of doom we go, but first...what was in that room?

Oh, just a normal room. Nothing to see here... No devious wall spikes or anything... *cough

This should be easy peasy! Stupid falling platforms think they can stop me huh? I've got two keys and no bubble gum so- wait, that isn't how that goes is it? Ah buns.

Ah, we're nearing the end of our journey now... These jumps look easy! They shouldn't require perfect accuracy or timing or anything! But it's okay, we have some muka platforms as safety nets in case we miss anything... Hehe.

Ah, yes! The finish is here! But wait, didn't I get a bomb earlier? What's that back there...? Where could that lead to...? Hmm... Sounds like a job for-
Enjoy the intermediate challenge folks! And give me feedback here as well please so I can make the next one even better! :3
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Wow looks beautiful! Will definitely play this :9
dat bootie doe
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

You don't even want to see the avatar 'nae nae' animation... :p

Gods I hope that's not a thing...
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Wow 0 plays. A very popular level!
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

freekboy31 wrote:Wow 0 plays. A very popular level!
A lot of mine have said that haha, but they seem to be glitched. The only one that really seems to count most of its plays is Chambers 1-1 for some reason. All of my others have been played by at least three to six people and don't flect that in number of plays for whatever reason.

Oh well, lol.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

SirWrek wrote:A lot of mine have said that haha, but they seem to be glitched. The only one that really seems to count most of its plays is Chambers 1-1 for some reason. All of my others have been played by at least three to six people and don't flect that in number of plays for whatever reason.

Oh well, lol.
I'm not sure, but I think it only records a "play" when you beat a level (which is a bug).
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Entity wrote:I'm not sure, but I think it only records a "play" when you beat a level (which is a bug).
Interesting... That would make sense though- the most people to have beaten any of my levels thus far is only like 6 or so I think on one (maybe 'In a Nutshell'?) I can't remember which...

EDIT: *cough So I also made another level- probably the last for a little while (though I churn drafts out whenever I can so who knows), but check it out. Disciple 1-1: ForestLeaf Haven. It's a beginner's challenge sort of level, meaning it's intermediate but nothing a learning player can't handle. Equal parts platforming, jump puzzles, and spiky death. Enjoy. Also, here's a screenie (I was too lazy to make a completely new thread so...):

^One of the few...more boring moments when you aren't avoiding falling spikes. For shame.

EDIT: And I also totally (unintentionally) lied about not releasing another. I had a draft so close to finished that I put the flag and some aesthetics and published it. Oh, hell. :3