The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Lotw 6/8/14 (or 8/6/14 For The Brits) - The 20 Minute Level By Plainwrek

Share great levels you've made or played.
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Lotw 6/8/14 (or 8/6/14 For The Brits) - The 20 Minute Level By Plainwrek

Post by ThatOneFox »

Short review for a pretty short level, but then again a level doesn't need to be long or massively detailed to still be a fun experience.

This is a level that will take multiple tries to complete, as you only have a maximum of 40 seconds to complete it, and in this time you need to figure out what to do, and where to go first. It is an extremely compact level, yet plainwrek still manages to find ways to throw you off to make you lose time. The only real minus of the level is that the ledge-hanging can be a bit finicky, but if you're used to ledge-hanging in levels then you should be okay.
The level is pretty competitive and should be great for speedrunners! See if you can beat your best time each time! It gets pretty difficult after a while.

This level is just proof that levels don't necessarily need to be overly detailed and have a long playtime to be fun and challenging, and that's why its the LOTW this time.
(Also fun challenge for you, see if you can beat it WITHOUT the time powerup.)
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Thank you, thank you.

*bows
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I cannot for the life of me beat this level, but I just really don't buy that it was made in 20 minutes. Great job Wrekman!
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I cannot for the life of me beat this level, but I just really don't buy that it was made in 20 minutes. Great job Wrekman!

This.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Baufritz wrote:This.
It's only about 10x10x10 or so, and a lot of that was copy and paste. I really did make it in twenty minutes. About 13.5 to build and the rest to playtest the jumps and time limit haha. It's a simple level in concept and therefore a simple level in build as well. :3

If you want to see a more thought out level approach, try the 1-Hour level I created. 40 minutes design, 20 minutes playtesting for that one. I'm actually currently working on a 2-hour level as well currently. :D
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

where is the new level of the month? :s
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

July, probably.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

July 8th :)
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: