The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Announcement: Level Spotlights

Share great levels you've made or played.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Announcement: Level Spotlights

Post by Entity »

Just a quick announcement, from now on all level spotlights will be posted on the blog (including the one from 4 days ago).

In the future I think we're going to have http://onemoreblock.com/ redirect to the blog page instead of the forums.

Also all the previous Level Spotlights have been added.

EDIT: Also we're aware of some bugs that are going on with viewing posts and categories, we're working on that now.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Fantastic work, Entity! It really is nice to have all of the reviews right there. When you say all level spotlights, do you mean any thread by a user advertising their own level or just the editors reviews?

I am not sure if you ran the homepage past Wowfun, etc.. I am guess you did, but I know we have talked about the blog in the past. Personally, I think it would be nice to build a homepage which has a description of our project, links to the downloads, photos and so on. However, that is just my thought.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

FYI if you're not gonna post level reviews on the forums anymore, you might want to add a comment system so people can still talk about the level/review and such.

However, if there is one already, please excuse my ignorance. I'm on my phone, so I might've just not seen it.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I believe that there is one, however it requires moderation approval which I think only Entity and possibly Nin have at this point.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Phantomboy wrote:Fantastic work, Entity! It really is nice to have all of the reviews right there. When you say all level spotlights, do you mean any thread by a user advertising their own level or just the editors reviews?

I am not sure if you ran the homepage past Wowfun, etc.. I am guess you did, but I know we have talked about the blog in the past. Personally, I think it would be nice to build a homepage which has a description of our project, links to the downloads, photos and so on. However, that is just my thought.
Just the editors reviews, aka LOTW.

And yeah, I typed up that post super quick because I was in a hurry. I meant to say something like "I imagine the future we might..." or something along those lines.

What was going through my head was: whatever sort of homepage we have (be it a dedicated home page, or whatever else) it could perhaps have a "Latest blog posts" section of the sidebar (or whatever). In other words quick access to the latest updates and such. And until we do have some sort of home page, the blog may suffice. But none of that has been discussed yet, and it was all in my head and very poorly condensed into an ambiguous statement haha.
ElectroYoshi wrote:FYI if you're not gonna post level reviews on the forums anymore, you might want to add a comment system so people can still talk about the level/review and such.

However, if there is one already, please excuse my ignorance. I'm on my phone, so I might've just not seen it.
Yes, there is one! It may not have been working when you looked at it though because of the bugs (which we've fixed now). If you click on the title of a post, you can go to that post's page and see/add comments :)

EDIT: And yeah, there's an approval system set up. Your first comment has to be approved, but after that you can comment freely :)
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: