The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The Room

Share great levels you've made or played.
jr727holst

The Room

Post by jr727holst »

Hi, this level is just an idea of what I can do with a smallish room. The room has several puzzles (mainly box related puzzles) and a small bit of parkour.You arrived in the room by tripping and falling down a hole. The aim is to retrieve the key to the door in order to get out again.

Screenshots:

P.S. I was also wondering, should I make a new thread each time for this kind of level or only for my main levels? (e.g. series etc.) I don't want to be spamming threads so I just wondered what your opinion was. Hope you enjoy the level if you play it!
Thanks.
Jr727holst
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

Dammit I was just about to make the same joke.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Guys, let's stay on topic, please.

I still don't have a computer to play Atmosphir on, so I am unable to actually check out the level as of yet. However, I really like the concept and puzzles are always a fun genre of play to me. If anyone else is able to, I would love to see a recorded playthrough since I am unable to at the moment.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Hey, who DOESN'T love a puzzle level? (If you don't, please don't ever speak to me again)

Looks good! I'm gonna go play it now.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Definitely gonna check this one out!

As far as your question, as long as you're putting a considerable amount of time and effort into each level, a thread per level is the way to go :)
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
jr727holst

Post by jr727holst »

Phantomboy wrote: I would love to see a recorded playthrough since I am unable to at the moment.
Here it is if you like...

SPOILERS:
This video shows how to complete the level. Sorry its a bad quality vid but I don't have very good software. So any way here it is:

[MEDIA=youtube]hjCqyZCnlUg[/MEDIA]
Entity wrote: As far as your question, as long as you're putting a considerable amount of time and effort into each level, a thread per level is the way to go :)
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

It is too bad that at time Atmosphirs box physics can be a bit finicky at times, but I think you made really good use of them. I also really like how moving platforms are used :)

Fantastic work though!
jr727holst

Post by jr727holst »

Phantomboy wrote:It is too bad that at time Atmosphirs box physics can be a bit finicky at times, but I think you made really good use of them. I also really like how moving platforms are used :)

Fantastic work though!
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Yeah I tried the level the other day w/o looking at the video and found it fun. I'll probably try again tomorrow.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.