The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[released] Adventure Kingdom: Rise Of The Crabions!

Share great levels you've made or played.
Jamesski

[released] Adventure Kingdom: Rise Of The Crabions!

Post by Jamesski »

A new start into my level creations! I am showing you very early screen shots on Project A (Not the name of the game, just the code name) I hope you enjoy, will be sharing info in the future!

Preview 1
Spoiler
Preview 2
Spoiler
Preview 3
Spoiler
Hope you enjoy and any questions you have about the screenshots, ask me below! More details in the future!
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

There is an aspect to the rigid geometric layout of these areas that really appeals to me on aesthetic level, I cannot precisely explain it but nonetheless, yes :)
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Phantomboy wrote:There is an aspect to the rigid geometric layout of these areas that really appeals to me on aesthetic level, I cannot precisely explain it but nonetheless, yes :)
thanks for saying that, i changed one thing since I posted this though. I took some trees out, but that should not change too muchQ
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

That looks much better than your previous levels. Genuinely looking forward to this one.
Any hints regarding gameplay? :3
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Baufritz wrote:That looks much better than your previous levels. Genuinely looking forward to this one.
Any hints regarding gameplay? :3
I will reveal a bit about the gameplay on Friday!

Here is two more screen shots from Project A. Name will be released on Friday with some hints to gameplay!

Preview 4
Spoiler
Preview 5
Spoiler
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh, quite exciting! I am still loving the sort of minimalistic decoration :)
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Announcements!!!
The name of the game is Adventure Kingdom: Rise of the Crabions!
Not only is the first chapter of the game is a tutorial to the Atmosphir, but the other two chapters have a story in it with people known as the Crabions. You will learn more about them soon!

The first part of this game is complete and will be out September 2, 2014 at midnight! This is a multipart game. The list of this game series is down below with it's release date!

Adventure Kingdom: Rise of the Crabions - September 2, 2014
Another game will come here...
Adventure Kingdom: A hero rises - November 21, 2014
Adventure Kingdom: The end of an era - December 28, 2014

This will be a game series as you would think! No more screen shots will be shown because the game will be out soon. Thank you for reading

PS) The screenshots show each of the 3 chapters in this game!

Oh, I'll also answer any questions! :)
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

Looking cool so far.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.

Post by Baufritz »

SirWrek wrote:Looking cool so far.
If it's broken, fix it.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

The game is out!
Baufritz

Post by Baufritz »

someone want to move this to level spotlight?

so yeah... an improvement from your previous levels. Let me just provide a bit of criticism:
  • You tried to make the environment look a bit better, and I can tell that. However, make sure you do the bottom too:
    And OMG THIS MAKES MY EYES BLEED:
    Image Please follow all the way through and don't just end it on a 2-inch-thick floating platform in the sky. This is an instant 1-star rating.
  • Also, make sure this doesn't happen in your level:
  • As far as gameplay goes, I would have liked the walking speed a bit faster, since it does take quite some time to get back from the last checkpoint.
  • Avoid using the springboard for jumping distances greater than ~4-5 blocks. They work ok for short jumps, but they get very glitchy at long-distance flying.
  • Spell-check your info stickers. grammar and spelling errors on a video game are a huge turn-of .
If it's broken, fix it.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Baufritz wrote:someone want to move this to level spotlight?

so yeah... an improvement from your previous levels. Let me just provide a bit of criticism:
  • You tried to make the environment look a bit better, and I can tell that. However, make sure you do the bottom too:
    And OMG THIS MAKES MY EYES BLEED:
    Image Please follow all the way through and don't just end it on a 2-inch-thick floating platform in the sky. This is an instant 1-star rating.
  • Also, make sure this doesn't happen in your level:
  • As far as gameplay goes, I would have liked the walking speed a bit faster, since it does take quite some time to get back from the last checkpoint.
  • Avoid using the springboard for jumping distances greater than ~4-5 blocks. They work ok for short jumps, but they get very glitchy at long-distance flying.
  • Spell-check your info stickers. grammar and spelling errors on a video game are a huge turn-of .
thanks, I will take this into consideration in the next part! and just wondering, wht would be your full rating of the level?
Baufritz

Post by Baufritz »

like I did in the play browser:
The environment was a step up from your last levels, but there's still a lot of improvement.
The gameplay was also a bit monotone, and the crabs are pretty easy to finish off.
If it's broken, fix it.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Baufritz wrote:someone want to move this to level spotlight?
Moved :P
Baufritz

Post by Baufritz »

bionicnacho wrote:Moved :P
If it's broken, fix it.
FallenDojo

Post by FallenDojo »

nothing really special here (not good, not bad)
work on that level design -- try to polish it a lot bit more

try your best
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

FallenDojo wrote:nothing really special here (not good, not bad)
work on that level design -- try to polish it a lot bit more

try your best
thanks...I guess.