The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[released] Trials World 1

Share great levels you've made or played.
Jamesski

[released] Trials World 1

Post by Jamesski »

I have been gone for too long, and now I am back. And to show you my new game series, about you check out the video below. There you can see the whole game and it's only a minute long. The music in the video is from Xenoblade Chronicles, Guar Plains. Hope you enjoy the trailer!
[media=youtube]e35pBxPxsgs[/media]
Now this game Trails World 1 should arrive on your computer screens December 5. Followed by Trials World 2 in Late December! Ask anything below!
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Wow, that looks really interesting! Fantastic job on the theme and use of props, it looks really nice and I cannot wait to play it :D
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Phantomboy wrote:Wow, that looks really interesting! Fantastic job on the theme and use of props, it looks really nice and I cannot wait to play it :D
Thanks, it's not even done yet and I thank that you love it already!
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Pleeeease change the default skybox ._.
But otherwise, that looks promising.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Baufritz wrote:Pleeeease change the default skybox ._.
But otherwise, that looks promising.
Yes, do not worry about it.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

THE GAME IS OUT NOW! Yes with a different sky color!
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Fantastic to hear, Jamesski :) I will be checking it out soon, I am not sure if level comments are working, so as soon as I have the chance to play it I will let you know here!
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.

Post by Baufritz »

Played it, gonna share my first impressions here:

Meh. a lot of Mehs. Some nice things, but generally meh.

Liked the grassy minimalistic approach in the first world. It works well in the first world (maybe vary a bit in scaling the trees up and down), but after that, you kinda got lazy again and just made the bare necccesities for the level.

This doesn't really look appealing to me.

I didn't really find any gameplay, I mostly just was walking around. Which is fine, if it's a scenic level and you're just there to admire the aesthetics. Only problem is, there isn't anything to look at. Also, the skybox feels a bit... weird to me, like not really fitting the different "trials", but that could just be me. Sometimes, I had to do something like collect some bombs, but it didn't really feel neccessary to be there.

TLDR: liked the first green-ish stuff, didn't like the rest. Hardly any gameplay, hardly any environment. Maybe spend a little more time next time really thinking about how your level is going to be pieced together.

Also, someone move this to level spotlight? :3
If it's broken, fix it.
UC101

Post by UC101 »

Baufritz wrote:Played it, gonna share my first impressions here:

Meh. a lot of Mehs. Some nice things, but generally meh.

Liked the grassy minimalistic approach in the first world. It works well in the first world (maybe vary a bit in scaling the trees up and down), but after that, you kinda got lazy again and just made the bare necccesities for the level.

This doesn't really look appealing to me.

I didn't really find any gameplay, I mostly just was walking around. Which is fine, if it's a scenic level and you're just there to admire the aesthetics. Only problem is, there isn't anything to look at. Also, the skybox feels a bit... weird to me, like not really fitting the different "trials", but that could just be me. Sometimes, I had to do something like collect some bombs, but it didn't really feel neccessary to be there.

TLDR: liked the first green-ish stuff, didn't like the rest. Hardly any gameplay, hardly any environment. Maybe spend a little more time next time really thinking about how your level is going to be pieced together.

Also, someone move this to level spotlight? :3
The map is about exploration... Not new mechanics or fighting..
We are anomalous.
We are region.
Forgive and forget.
Expecto patronum.
:?:
Baufritz

Post by Baufritz »

UC101 wrote:The map is about exploration... Not new mechanics or fighting..
Well, there's not that much to explore though...
If it's broken, fix it.