The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Ddynamo Present: Abandon

Share great levels you've made or played.
Doctordynamo

Ddynamo Present: Abandon

Post by Doctordynamo »

You wake up in a factory, cold and alone, surrounded by dark. The air is thick, and greenery takes hold of the walls around you. One thing is certain. You must escape the underground, and leave the industrial premises.

Just now discovered One More Block. I thought Atmosphir was dead, and boy was I thankful it wasn't. Now I've been able to build this. Abandon is a first person platforming level, with emphasis on basic platforming. The level itself is extremely lonely, and the fog is cranked up all the way to max. Seems ludicrous, but I think it works for what I'm trying to achieve. Probably wasted half of the level capacity building the background. The other half went into causing the map to cross over and under itself as many times as possible.

Secrets have been layed out for you all to find. Three extra lives, and five hidden wrenches. The map itself is certainly not easy either, so you'll need those lives. It's not particularly hard, though, either. At least to me, anyway.

I assure you, this key is totally safe. I promise.
jr727holst

Post by jr727holst »

This is a nice level and generally done well. I liked the gameplay and the hidden stuff was fun to find and in general the aesthetic was good.(personally) I feel the the ambient lighting could have been a little darker (& the skybox) as sometimes it felt a bit odd seeing everything close as bright but not really being able to see far away. I like how the first person view point add to the atmosphere despite it sometimes being a little disorientating.

But overall, it's a good, well made level and I enjoyed playing it!