The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The Forest Of Mystery.

Share great levels you've made or played.
RetroBandit
Design Competitions Voted: 0

The Forest Of Mystery.

Post by RetroBandit »

The sun was rising, and a young man opened his eyes facing this sun when he woke up. This man was a adventurer, but work was scarce and the constant dangers of high level jobs made every day potentially his last. But today was different, he took the summer off. He has enough money to support himself and just wants to relax for a little bit. So when he woke up, he put on his everyday wear, and headed for a walk in the park. That had to be relaxing, right?

The sun was high in the sky as he sat on the park bench, he tried to relax, but according to his therapist, he had a form of ptsd because of his dangerous adventures. He couldn't relax, but he fell asleep out of stillness.

"THE BOY, MY BOY WAS KIDNAPPED"

The adventurer woke up with a jolt as a mother, looking to be in her late twenties was screaming in the park, and then collapsed on the ground. It was reflex, that made the adventurer jump off of the bench and rush over to the poor women. He lifted her up and asked her what happened.

"THEY TOOK HIM, he was in my sight when muka's ambushed him and hit square in the head with there horrible weapons. HE JUST FELL OVER WITH BLOOD COMING OUT HIS HEAD. They dragged him away and I ran as fast as I could over here in case they saw me too. YOU HAVE TO SAVE MY BOY PLEASE!

The adventurer initially considered turning down the proposal, but then he realized something.
His hand was no longer shaking. It shook the whole day when he was relaxing but when danger presented its self on a silver platter, he never felt more alive. He didn't fear the danger, he craved it.

"I'll do it! Where did you see them head off too?"

"They went to the forest, please save him! I'll even pay you! I don't know if I can live without my boy!"

"Don't worry, I will go right away!"

He then ran off to his house and put his adventuring gear on. His trusty sword, a mobile bomb cannon, and a weird laser thing he found in some ancient ruins. And then he ventured north, into the forest of mystery.

I didn't have any pictures so to make it up to you I wrote the prelude to the level instead.

I hope you enjoy the Forest of Mystery!

First one to reply gets a cookie!

UPDATE Added screen shots, here they are!

I think I am flying?
jr727holst

Post by jr727holst »

I played the level before I saw this thread, but I liked the level and thats what counts!
RetroBandit
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by RetroBandit »

+1 cookie for you!

Anyways, in hindsight I wished I made the forest part bigger and more detailed, I loved the cave part and the first part of the forest but I wish that I would have spent more time on the actual forest of mystery. But then again, I did say I would make this level a year ago, and I still have to make cliffs at world's end, and the muka fortress. Let me try to find a way to post screen shots. brb.
I think I am flying?