The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir Level - Quint’s Caverns

Share great levels you've made or played.
Phantomboy

Atmosphir Level - Quint’s Caverns

Post by Phantomboy »

Quint’s Caverns
In a mysterious cavern, civilization of some sort has made its mark on the cove. Many treasures are obtainable in this cave. Has the tousle of traps and structures made this cave impossible to leave?
More Images:
Spoiler
Comments are advice are much appreciated. This level was a joy to make, it really brought back some memories of the old Atmosphir. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Nice level!

My main issue with it is the heavy use of hanging from muka sticks... Atmosphir's hanging physics/controls just aren't that responsive. Not your fault of course, but it makes levels that involve lots of hanging somewhat of a pain to play.

Environment and overall design was VERY good though.
Magmar

Post by Magmar »

Looks very nice.. I'll have to give it a try. It looks like the old platforming levels of atmosphir, with a Stratosphir twist. I love it!
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Magmar wrote:Looks very nice.. I'll have to give it a try. It looks like the old platforming levels of atmosphir, with a Stratosphir twist. I love it!
Wowfunhappy wrote:Nice level!

My main issue with it is the heavy use of hanging from muka sticks... Atmosphir's hanging physics/controls just aren't that responsive. Not your fault of course, but it makes levels that involve lots of hanging somewhat of a pain to play.

Environment and overall design was VERY good though.
Thank you guys! Yeah Wowfun, the ledge-handing in Atmosphir is kind of iffy, I did my best- perhaps I should have worked at it harder. Thank you Magmar, that is exactly what I was going for in this level :) It makes me happy to see that recognized so quickly.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Phantomboy wrote:I did my best- perhaps I should have worked at it harder.
Not really much you can do. You as a designer can't fix bugs in Atmosphir. The solution is not design levels around ledge hanging :/
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Your level now is on Stratosphir!

Please rate the level. If you want, you can comment. But rating will help this level be at the top.
http://stratosphir.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... hantomboy/
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Thank you very much! I won't vote and have false ratings on my own level, don't want department of fair voting to show up, hehe!